2000pt Baron Sathonyx List - 1st (ever) DE List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-10, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

2000pt Baron Sathonyx List - 1st (ever) DE List

So I kinda caught the bug (jumped on the bandwagon) because I really like some of the new models, mostly the jetbikes. I really don't like the new Raider/Ravager, just to boatlike for me. Which kinda lead me to this list, which is allot of what I like and what is out, or that I think I can scratchbuild (Voidravens). I'm not a compeatative player at all but I'd like an army that can win. So here's my first try.

HQ

Baron Sathonyx - 105

Troops

15 Hellions w/Helliarch, Agonizer - 265

15 Hellions w/Helliarch, Phantasm GL, Power Weapon - 275

15 Hellions w/Helliarch, Phantasm GL, Stunclaw - 275

Fast Attack

9 Reavers w/ 2 Heat Lances, 1 Blaster, 3 Cluster Caltrops, Areana Champion,
Agoniser - 327

9 Reavers w/ 2 Heat Lances, 1 Blaster, 3 Cluster Caltrops - 297

Heavy Support

Voidraven w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, 1 Implosion Missile, 3 Shatterfield
Missiles - 225

Voidraven w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, 1 Implosion Missile, 3 Necrotoxin
Missiles - 225

Total Points- 1994

The Baron goes with the 1st Hellion Squad. Reavers & Voidravens do the Anti-tank, then Hellions & Reavers cut up whatever pops out. I not to sure about the missile loadouts on the VRs, they all look good, just don't know what's the best or wether a mix is good.

Like I said, I'm a totaly casual/just for fun player but I know DE are tough to play and having a decent list is a good start. Just like to know if I'm really missing anything or going to get beat allot because of something I haven't figured out.

Oh & I'm not really into Haemoncullus & they're stuff. Would consider some Witchs on Venoms but the models aren't out yet & I'd rather them look like the new Jetbikes not Eldar Vypers.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-10, 04:54 AM

I like it. Very similar to my own list.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-10, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackyujiro View Post
I like it. Very similar to my own list.
Well, does it work? Is there anything that can be improved upon? Any tips, tricks &/or tactics that really make it shine?

I've never played anything outside IG since I got into the game, so this is a big step into a dark, very sharp world. Any advice would be appreciated.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-10, 04:41 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd drop the Reaver squads down to 6 men apiece (2 Heat lances, 2 Caltrops, Champions if you have points) and use the spare points to field a third Void Raven.

I would also drop most of the missiles on the Ravens in order to buy a 4th Troops choice, possibly a big blob squad of Warriors with 2 Dark Lances and an attached haemonculus for FnP. People should be so focused on the Hellions/Reavers that they ignore them.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 01:58 AM

I've been running 3x15 Hellions, starting with a Haemy attached to each to get FnP. My current 2k list, after some mucking around is:
Baron
3x Haemys w/Liquifier Guns(all)
2x3 Trueborn w/ 2 DLs
14 Hellions w/PGL, Stunclaw(Baron attached)
2x15 Hellions w/PGl, Agonizer
5 Wracks w/Liquifier Gun
Raider
5x Scourges w/2 Heat Lance
2x Ravagers w/FF, NS
Razorwing w/Dissys, SC, 2x Necrotoxin Missiles, FF, NS

I've found that the Hellions work amazing if you can hop them from cover to cover as they advance. I always keep their movement in mind when setting up terrain. Use them to support one an another as much as possible, 60 poison shots from 2 squads are hard to shake off. Also, since you're not keen on Haemys. This is your best method of getting Pain Tokens. Remember, we're Dark Eldar, nothing wrong with overwhelming one unit with 2 or more of yours(just remember to attempt to make it hard for your enemy to strike back, like Turbo-Boosting your reavers to a blocking position for you Hellions, to grant them cover)

I agree with splitting up your Reavers to 3x6. It forces your opponent to deal with more targets. You can drop the Champ too, Reavers don't really need him. When they aren't Tank hunting, keep them turbo boosting for that 3+inv save. And use their Eldar Jetbike Assault move to pull them back when they use those Heat Lances. I took Reavers out of my list for now, to test the Scourges out. But they most likely will be put back in.

I get where you're going with the Voidravens, but if you drop 1, you can get 2 Ravagers. Once again, more target for your opponent to deal with.

I think with using Hellions as your main Troops, you gotta play really aggressive. Use the old "circle the wagon" method of attacking or attack your enemy from a flank. DE are fast, use it. I don't commit any unit to a charge unless the unit I'm charging is at 1/2 strength or less from shooting. And with FnP, your Hellions are basically really fast, S4 Wyches.

Oh yeah, as I've done this in almost half my games. DON'T FORGET YOUR COMBAT DRUGS. That's all I can offer right now. I'm still really working out what support elements I like best in my build. Right now only The Baron, his 44 Hellions,the Haemys, the Ravagers and Razorwing are definately staying in my army.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode