Dark Eldar Test Army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Dark Eldar Test Army

Not sure on the points(think it's near 1850, so I will adjust later once I get another look at the codex), but here is the list I plan on running. There is so much in the new codex to play with, I tried to give myself a nice variety of units that could mesh well together.

Baron Sathonyx

Archon w/Shadow Field, Agonizer, Phantasm grenade Launcher

Kabalite Trueborn x5 w/4 Blasters
Venom w/Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

Incubi x4 Klavex w/Bloodstone
Venom w/Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

Hellions x15 Helliarch w/Stunclaw, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Hellions x15 Helliarch w/Stunclaw, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Kabalite Warriors x10 w/Splinter Cannon
Raider w/Flicker Field, Splinter Racks, Night Shield

Wyches x10 Hekatrix w/Agonizer 2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider w/Flicker Field, Night Shield

Reavers x3 Caltrops, Blaster

Reavers x3 Caltrops, Blaster

Cronos Parasite Engine Spirit Probe,Spirit Vortex

Cronos Parasite Engine Spirit Probe,Spirit Vortex

Ravager w/Retrofire Jets, Nightshield

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 07:38 PM

Stormbrow II's Flag is: Ireland

Baron David Bowie and an Archon? Grand. Archon with Incubi to give them Grenades I assume?

The Venoms - do they have 2 Splinter cannons or just one and a Splinter Rifle? I ask because its well worth the 15 points for 2 Splinter Cannons as you can shoot 12 shots when you move 12 as the weapons are defensive. ;)

I wouldn't go for the Bloodstone in the Incubi. I just don't rate a S3 template that much.

Big blocks of Hellions as Troops seem solid. Good luck building them though.

I've got to ask about the Wyches Raider - are you using that aggressively or defensively? I'm going to assume the former to get that Hen Party into position. If that's the case you won't really need Night Shields as you'll be getting into people's faces and anything worth shooting the Raider won't have to worry its effects. I've got a Ramming Prow and Torment Launcher on mine to allow them to move 24" and Tank Shock with -1 Ld from the off.

Chronos Parasites? They're a bit slow-moving for me even though they can use their Pain Token sharing thing with nearby units. I'd rather have more Ravagers as they can hang back and support the other fast moving stuff and force your opponent out of their tanks where your infantry can go to town on them.

I'd also not be that tempted to Deep Strike the Ravager. Its a big enough model and the last thing you want is to mishap or immobilise yourself.

Got to ask why you're paying for a Blaster with the small Reaver unit when they also have Caltrops? You'll only use one or the other so you might be better served with just one and putting the points to use elsewhere.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 08:21 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I would rather see a WWP with two Pain Engines. Not sure about Hellions as Troops, but it's a good plan. I'm going with Wracks as Troops right now, with a Flyer into Grotesques when I get the models I want.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 10:57 PM
Banned

Yeah one thing I see people going for now is massive units of Hellions - they have one great ability to pull IC's out of CC - whilst great it's limited the main armies this will be of use against is Eldar and Blood Angels - and Eldar I'd rather take the crucible of malediction then after just beat the living daylights out of them as they are T3.

Anyway it's just a thought maybe think about just one squad of hellions as they are expensive still with weak armour. I perosnally don't think we will see too many Hellion armies as I get the feeling it will be the same as the Reavers Boxset in that you'll get 3 for like $50-60 (well here in Aus at least).

Lastly what are you Reaver jetbikes doing I'd take them only in samll units for 1 thing a small heatlance/blaster squad if you want to do fly by's increase squad size (my opinion 7- 8 jetbikes seems to fill this well) this way you get more hits and do more damage to those pesky small squads
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I changed the list around a bit, mainly just dropping the Reavers for now. The Parasite is all about positioning, it's fairly easy to keep it with 12" of a unit.

If this is correct, 5 hellions will cost the same as the Wych and Warrior boxes )http://www.gamingfigures.com/viewPro...t&product=4856

I've always been a fan of Hellions, so having them become actually playable makes me giddy. Besides, once they get a Pain Token, they basically become S4 Wyches on Skyboards w/Hit&Run and 18" Assault2 Poison weapons. the Stunclaw is just something i think is cool, when it works.

I am thinking of dropping the Archon in favor of a Haemy or 2 for pain Token/WWP shenanigans. There is just so much to choose from. Gonna be trying out a lot of configurations with this codex. But I think the Hellions as Troops will be a constant in my army.

Edit: After some thinking, i may just forgo the Cronos in favor of a few Reavers.

Last edited by Blackyujiro; 10-18-10 at 11:45 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 04:37 AM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

If you keep the Chronos then def. go with the two WWP Haem.

Otherwise, I agree, Ravagers are better for your list. Little bit unsure why you're running Nightshields on your assault units though...

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 10:06 PM

Saying this a bit late but who cares. The Baron has a phantasm grenade launcher as standard. You saved yourself 20 points there. I would definately consider running some Scourges, they fit with the theme of fast and have great weapons. Particularly the haywire thing. Nasty against all vehicles.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Oh yeah forgot about that. I've been trying to figure a way to get some Scourges in there, too.

Edit:
Shifted some things around.I like this list a lil better.

Baron Sathonyx

Archon: Shadow Field, Drug Dispenser, Agonizer, Phantasm Gren Launcher

4x Incubi
Venom: Splinter Cannon

4x Trueborn: 4x Blasters
Venom: Splinter Cannon

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/Stunclaw

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/PGL, Stunclaw

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/PGL, Agonizer

6x Reavers: 2 Cluster Caltrops

5x Scourges: 2 Haywire Blasters

Ravager: Night Shields, Flicker Field

Ravager: Night Shields, Flicker Field

This makes the total 1949, now I gotta figure out where to spend 51 points.

Last edited by Blackyujiro; 10-24-10 at 01:56 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 02:21 AM
Banned

spend the points on either more jetbikes or more scourge
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 11:12 AM

You could spend 30 points on giving 2 of the reavers Blasters or 24 for Heat lances.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode