Dark Eldar 2000 points. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Trevor Drake's Flag is: USA

Default Dark Eldar 2000 points.

HQ: Archon - 465
Archon w/ Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Punisher, Plasma Grenades, Tormentor Helm, Animus Vitae
9 Incubi w/ Plasma Grenades
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

HQ: Haemonculi - 235
Haemonculi w/ Scissor Hand, Destructor
8 Grotesques
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

HQ: Haemonculi - 235
Haemonculi w/ Scissor Hand, Destructor
8 Grotesques
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Troops: Raider Squad - 176
9 Raiders w/ Splinter Cannon, Blaster
Sybarite w/ Poison Blades and Splinter Pistol
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Heavy: Ravager - 115
Screaming Jets

Screaming Jets

Heavy: Ravager - 130
Screaming Jets, 3 Disentegrators

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

Grish: hahaha
Katie_Drake: XD

Last edited by Trevor Drake; 08-09-09 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Redone List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 06:21 AM
Banned

I can see your going for a DS force so here are the following mods I would make:

1. Drop all night shields not worth it if your going in close
2. Give the archon Combat drugs and Shadowfield
3. Drop the Incubi master
4. Haemonculi give scissorhands (the destruction you mentioned keep also it's called a destructor )
5. Give the sybarites in the raider squads poison blades and swap out the dark lance the warriors are holding for a splinter cannons
6. If you have the points get another raider squad if you have around 200pts left over take 2 sniper squads

Other than that looks very interesting

HQ: Archon w/ Retinue = 455
Archon w/ Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Trophy Rack, Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Combat drugs
Retinue - 9 Incubi with Plasma Grenades
Raider - Screaming Jets

HQ: Haemonculi = 220
Haemonculi w/ Destructor and Scissor Hand
7 Grotesques
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

7 Grotesques
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

7 Grotesques
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Troop: Raider Squad - 176
10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Blaster
Sybarite upgrade with poison blades
Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Raider w/ Screaming Jets

Screaming Jets

Screaming Jets

Screaming Jets

This revison I quickly did is 1988pts and still gives you what you need but more incubi and a better equip archon.

If I was to change this anymore I would drop and Haemonculi squad and add another troop choice in giving you 4 troops instead of 3 then you will be able to add in another grotesque in each of the remaing grotesque squads this then leaves the list at 1974 points giving which I would spend 15 onmaking one ravager a disintegrator ravager leaving you with 11 points remaining. - No need to double post, my friend! - Katie D

Last edited by Katie Drake; 08-09-09 at 11:37 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 09:40 AM

Only change to Blue Ligers list is i'd add the Animus Vitae to the Archon, that takes you to 2003 points.

Not sure putting screaming jets on Ravagers is a good idea. I'd rather hold them in reserve. That way, they can shoot 'over' the units that arrive mid-table.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

I will look into these suggestions, still rather new with Dark Eldar. I just knew comming in that I wanted to get as many dark lances on the field as possible (I love dark lances, but not when used against me)

And thanks Blue Liger for noticing what I was going for. I know its Destructor, I guess I was tired last night when I was going to sleep.

What is the point of this Animus Vitae? I keep on seeing you suggesting it Orochi, maybe you could explain why.

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 01:27 PM

I'd only ever put one on a Punisher lord.

A lord of foot, armed with a Animus Vitae (+1S and WS after first kill), Punisher, Tormentor helm, Combat drugs and Shadowfield is a potential:
5 str6 no save attacks with re-rolls to hit (taking 3 upgrades on the Combat drugs btw; +1a, +1S and re-rolls to hit), At WS7, thus hitting most htings on 3s.
A lord wit hte same equipment on a jetbike has 5 str7 no save, re-roll to hit attacks. At WS7, thus hitting most htings on 3s.
These high strength lords are ideal for Anti HQ and TEQs. Some larger things, aka ork nobz and Tyranids will suffer aswell.

Although, a cheaper lord with an Agonsier, CCD, shadowfield and splinter pistol is a btter buy. hovering around 150 points.

Its a matter of preference to be honest
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Okay, have my list edited with some of the changes suggested. I am wanting to keep this a deep strike force, because I rather love the ability to randomly pop up and scare the enemy, since he does not know what is coming or where. Guess I love that from playing daemons so much.

Quote:

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 10:08 PM
Banned

Looks nice, I like the grotesque units as when you deep strike the enemy won't know what to shoot at, plus the fact most dont realise that grotesques have a special feel no pain rule so they if they dont ask dont say, grotesques are one of the may banes of the IG and ork army as only thier heavy guns can do something and if the heavy guns are firing at your grotesques it means your other riaders are still alive.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-09, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

That is why I like them so. This army seems to make so much sense to my and my playstyle. I hope the great minds of other Dark Eldar Archons agree with my tactics.

Quote:

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 09:23 AM

Armies good. Its nice to see a support unit that isn't Wyches.

As Blue Liger said, If people don't know the DE rules, only tell them if they ask.

I'd like to play this list myself...with my own Dark Eldar.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 11:52 AM
Banned

Yeah 10 vehicles deepstriking -hmmm..., I think it will play quite well

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode