Just reading through the Dark Eldar Codex which I realise is far earlier than 5th ed, obviously needs updating. Still, a lot of stuff in it feels underpriced, and it's nice that raiders being open-topped really help DE get into combat. Give me some thoughts on this almost purely Raider-Based list:
- Archon, power weapon, shadow field
- 5x warrior retinue, 2x splinter cannons
- raider w/nightshield
dracon, power weapon
5x warrior retinue
- raider squad w/splinter cannon
- sybarite w/power weapon
- nightshielded raider
6x raider squads as above total.
- ravager w/ 3x disintegrators, nightshields
3x ravagers as above total.
- It's a few points over 1850 but it's easy to just drop a warrior somewhere. Those 8 raiders have 8 dark lances between them, so like their eldar counterparts, high armour values are lowered to 12, but dark eldar are all BS4! How is that fair?
- Every squad has a leader with a power weapon, so if needs be; move 12", disembark, shoot, assault.
- There are plenty of splinter cannons to go around, this will really help against orks, tyranids, IG, etc.
- The ravagers are really just icing on the cake and the fact that they fit the theme conceptually and visually. I LOVE how they have two different attack types with disintegrators, really gives you great flexibility against all-comers.
- With an army like this in 5th ed, objective based missions suddenly look very easy...
Are dark eldar due for a new codex very soon?