Begginer list 1850 pt Dark Eldar feed back please - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-15, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Default Begginer list 1850 pt Dark Eldar feed back please

hello this is my second list thanks to neferet who gave me tons of feed back thank you very much so this is my 1850 pt Dark eldar list

HQ-435pt
Drazhar-190pt
Succubus-1x archite glaive-95pt
Court Of Archon-85pt
Lhamaean
Sslyth
Sslyth
Slyth
Dedicated Transport
1x Venom-Splinter Cannon-65pt

Troops-616pt
4x Kabalite Warriors-1x Dracon-1x Blaster Pistol-83pt
5x Kabalite Warriors-40pt
9xWyches-1x Hekatrix-Haywire Grenades-115pt
9xWyches-1x Hecatrix-Haywire Grenades-115pt
Dedicated Transport
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Raider-110pt
1x Raider-110pt

Elites-342pt
4x Incubi-80pt
4x Incubi-80pt
3x Mandrakes-36pt
3xMandrakes-36pt
Dedicated Transport
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Venoms-110pt

Fast Attack-296pt
BeastMasters-60pt
BeastMaster
ClawedFiend
Khymera
Khymera
3x Reavers-1x Blaster-48pt
3x Reavers-1x blaster-48pt
1x Razorwing Jet-2x shatterfield Missle-140pt

Heavy Support-120pt
1x Talos-120pt

so yaa thank you for reading pleaee give feed back negative or positive by
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-15, 09:08 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

hey man, much better list ;)
i'm pretty shure that venoms and raiders cost way less...check the codex
Also, still can't figure out why you take an archon + blast pistol instead of just getting a blaster in the troop...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-15, 04:06 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Hey, first off, are you aiming to play 'competitively' (whatever that means given the shape and / or existence of your local metagame), or will your lists be more about the fluff, or a mix of both ? Just asking to get a better picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar101 View Post
Drazhar-190pt
Succubus-1x archite glaive-95pt
Court Of Archon-85pt
Lhamaean
Sslyth
Sslyth
Slyth
Dedicated Transport
1x Venom-Splinter Cannon-65pt
As it stands, you have 3 HQ choices ... for only 2 HQ slots, if you're playing CAD or RDD (seems like RDD since you have 4 FA selections),
The Court of the Archon uses up a HQ slot. Only when you already have an Archon selected will it not use a HQ slot.
Right now, you got Drazhar, a Succubitch, plus the Court = 3 HQ choices.

What direction / style shall your list take ? Depending on that, I'd refine my HQ choices.

Drazhar is ... extremely expensive, seriously. He can be semi-useful when you're going Incubi heavy, but otherwise he's not a very good selection.

A succubus is fine. Better than an Archon if you want to have a character model that can deal / survive in close combat. She definitely needs protection though, like the Armour of Misery. And a unit she can join.

The Court is ... not bad. Though you should run it as a mono Court. Meaning, only models of one kind.
Want a deep-striking AP 3 template unit of death ? Take 4 Medusae in a Venom.
Want something for close assault, then go mono Slyth or mono Ur-Ghul. Neither selection is terribad, but there are better close combat units in the codex by far.

Personally, I had great success with the aforementioned Medusae & an attached Archon with WWP (Deep Strike for no scatter, and the Court becomes a zero slot selection.).

I have yet to try a Slyth bodyguard melee retinue, but I can surely say a close combat character is better of being attached to Incubi or Grotesques.

Since you're fielding Incubi, I'd stick to the Succubus and join her to one of those units.

Quote:
Troops-616pt
5x Kabalite Warriors-40pt
9xWyches-1x Hekatrix-Haywire Grenades-115pt
9xWyches-1x Hecatrix-Haywire Grenades-115pt
Dedicated Transport
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Raider-110pt
1x Raider-110pt
Okay, Wyches were great during the previous edition (5th) of the DE codex, but are really hard to justify these days. They're essentially most often dead before arrival, since the way Power From Pain works has been changed (from tokens to the turn-based system) and they'll get shot to pieces even if assaulting from cover or a Raider. Toughness 3, no armour, go figure.
If you really want to, I feel you'd need to spam them, so at least a couple units make it into melee.

Kabalites.
Why take a Sybarite with Blast Pistol in a unit of 5 or ... at all ?
A regular Kabalite with a Blaster has a much better range.
If you take the Sybarite at all, then give her Haywire Grenades. At least that gives you a higher chance at a glancing hit (works, when combined with the aforementioned Kabalite with Blaster).

Matter of factly, there's 4 to 5 ways to run Kabalites.

- Unit of 5, no upgrades (cheap unit) in a Venom w. additional Cannon. Pure anti-infantry. Has no anti-armour capability.
- Unit of 5, one Blaster, plus the Venom. This is what most people run. Anti-infantry from the Venom, the Kabalite with Blaster will try to pop a transport.
- Unit of 5, one Blaster, Sybarite with Haywires, plus the Venom. More anti-armour from the passengers, but more expensive. Still, some people use this option.
- Unit of 10, no upgrades in a Raider (weapon of choice), PLUS Night Shields and SPLINTER RACKS. This is essential: You want your 20 poison shots to be re-rollable, at all costs. Some people add a Splinter Cannon to the unit of 10, but personally I feel its too expensive and not really necessary with this setup.
If you have spare points, add a naked Sybarite for a pip of LD, so they won't run so easily. But given the fact Kabalites are about as tough as tissue paper, they probably die anyway once their transport got popped.
- The fifth method is ... daring, to say the least. Take 20 Kabalites (max unit size), spice up with weapons or not, and attach them to a cheap (!) Haemonculus. Advance them across the board, laugh like a maniac when they get shot to pieces, and be happy that your opponent is wasting shots / firepower at them. Essentially a scare tactic, nothing more. Oh, and if they get lucky they might just kill something or sit on an objective.

Quote:
Elites-342pt
4x Incubi-80pt
4x Incubi-80pt
3x Mandrakes-36pt
3xMandrakes-36pt
Dedicated Transport
1x Venoms-110pt
1x Venoms-110pt
Incubi.
Incubi are fine, if you really like the models (I know I do) or don't have any Grotesques or don't want to run Coven units due to fluff reasons.
3 Incubi PLUS a Klaivex (for Rampage) are a good retinue for a Succubus. The unit is cost-effective if you get a good charge and can avoid charging through cover at ALL costs. Incubi forgot their assault grenades in the shrine ... for some reason.
8 or 9 Incubi in a Raider might also work, but I've never tried it before. Also, expensive.
Your point costs on the Venoms are off, like Neferhet mentioned.

Mandrakes.
Take two units of 4 or 5 if you want to play the infiltration / distraction game or plan to deploy as little of your units as possible. Otherwise, one unit of 10 might work better, but Mandrakes are highly situational as it is. Many players don't like them, I had good successes with the shady guys.

Quote:
Fast Attack-296pt
BeastMasters-60pt
BeastMaster
ClawedFiend
Khymera
Khymera
Beasts ... let's see.
They work best in a mono-themed pack. Meaning, go all Khymerae or all Clawed Fiends. Mixing and matching doesn't do them any good.
11 Kymerae plus one Beastmaster is a great distraction unit and not too expensive for example.

Quote:
3x Reavers-1x Blaster-48pt
3x Reavers-1x blaster-48pt
The MSU approach might work, but ... probably better to pick two units of 6 with 2 special weapons.

Quote:
1x Razorwing Jet-2x shatterfield Missle-140pt
Shatterfield missiles are wasted points. Go for 4 standard missiles, two Dark Lances and the Splinter Cannon upgrade.

Quote:
Heavy Support-120pt
1x Talos-120pt
Weapons ?

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-15, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

kk i`ll make a new list and this is fluff and competive i put the Drazh for fluff reasons
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-15, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn Radical View Post
As it stands, you have 3 HQ choices ... for only 2 HQ slots, if you're playing CAD or RDD (seems like RDD since you have 4 FA selections), The Court of the Archon uses up a HQ slot. Only when you already have an Archon selected will it not use a HQ slot. Right now, you got Drazhar, a Succubitch, plus the Court = 3 HQ choices.
well, nice catch! i didn't remember correctly...

Also, @Sworn Radical gives extra tasty suggestions for a competitive list, but since DE competitve list..well...kinda looks all the same, i'd rather suggest to feel free to experiment list builds that amuse you (barring the obvious shit-units or auto-lose loadouts). If you like Drahzar, you should keep him, imo.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-15, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

I thought you coulde have as many hq`s and stuff am i wrong or is that only for like tournemetns my local game syore oly has a couple people woulde they be mad if i brung 4 or 3 hq`s
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-15, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

and waht cad and rdd
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-15, 09:27 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

I highly recommend using the harlequins independent character choices with your DE. Also, I have a small army + codex of DE for sale.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-15, 10:12 PM

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...wt-d78zbk7.jpg

this is the basic way to organiza an army. in the DE codex you can find another way to do it, with more fast attack choices...

Quote:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-15, 04:11 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
I highly recommend using the harlequins independent character choices with your DE.
How ?

Because you have to select the Harlequins in the correct formations, since taking a full Masque Detachment sucks big time.
Best way to include Harlequins in this edition of the game is Cast of Players or Cegoach's Jest IMHO

By taking Path of Heroes, which you were probably referring to, you would get a Death Jester, a Solitaire and a Shadowseer, true, but they could not be attached to other units, which sucks to be honest.

@OP

Quote:
and waht cad and rdd
CAD = Combined Arms Detachment, see the 40k rulebook.

RDD = Realspace Raiders Detachment, a unique detachment in the Dark Eldar codex.

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode