1500 Tourney - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Hidemons's Flag is: Costa Rica

Default 1500 Tourney

Looking to make the winningest 1500pt DE force attainable. I would be very grateful for some tips. I'm wondering if I should switch my Bombers for Fighters - - I've never been able to use that Lance Mine. Also, are 10 man squads on Raiders not the best TROOP configuration? What about Fire Prism as a replacement for a 3DL Ravanger? Comms on Aegis Line get my Bombers on site ASAP.

The backbone of the army is UNIT A using Baron's 2++ save coupled with Beasts and Farseer's "Fortune".

Again thanks for any help.

HQ
Baron - UNIT A

Eldar Farseer w/ Jetbike, shard of anaris - UNIT A

Elite
none

Troops
UNIT B
Raider w/ Flicker Field
10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon

UNIT C
Raider w/ Flicker Field

5 Eldar Rangers - UNIT D

Fast Attack
UNIT A
2 Beastmasters
9 Dogs
4 Birds

Heavy
Bomber w/ 2necrotoxin, 2shatterfield, Flickerfield - UNIT E

Bomber w/ 2necrotoxin, 2shatterfield, Flickerfield - UNIT F

Fire Prism w/ Holofield - UNIT G

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Lines w/ Quad Cannon, Comms - UNIT D

Is fancy bread in the heart or in the head

Last edited by Hidemons; 02-20-14 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 01:58 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

So, let's see :

Hq choices are solid. nothing to add to that.

the farsser is just very lonely. maybe with some spare points, 3 bikers to accompany him?

TROOPS
good. solid. maybe you can drop the FF on raiders. since you move, you already have th 5+ cover or even the 4+ if you moved flat out.

FAST
maybe you rely too much on that unit. costly and not so durable (a single battlecannon pieplate is going to ruin your day. 4++ saves something but not everithing) better to have 2 units, maybe?

HEAVY
Bombers never worked for me. also, special missiles are not better than the shatterfield. Go for fighter with Flicker fields so you never have to jink.

Thats my 2 cents.
For a really nasty list, see this
Besides being mauled in that game, @Skari list is pretty brutal

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 02-17-14 at 03:55 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 04:13 PM

Skari's Flag is: Canada

Seems like I have been summoned!

I like the idea of the list. The beastpack + shard jetseer will probbaly be the object of my next 20 game journey. I prefer eldar jetbikes over rangers, they are cheaper, and win games because of their movement (you can keep them in reserve)
The beastpack seems illegal. You would need 4 beastmasters for the set up that you have. The list does seem a bit light on troops, 2 units of kabalites don't last that long even 10 man ones. I think with your list you'd be better off trying 4 5 man units.

I'm not a fan of the fliers or the prism, but that's just me, I like having more stuff on the table for early presure. Have you had any test games?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

neferhet and Skari, Thank you.

Neferhet -
Quote:
the farsser is just very lonely. maybe with some spare points, 3 bikers to accompany him?
Au Contraire, The farseer is in the Friendship/Hugs brigade with the Duke and the Beasts. (Unit A). He's going to be blessing my entire squad with reroll on their saving throws including many many 2++ saves by the duke. Engage Trollface. In addition the Duke is giving everybody stealth which may come in handy. That squad eats everything you throw it at. It's fast, durable, cost effective and outputs loads of attacks including 24 rending on charge and insta-kill fleshbanes by the farseer.

Quote:
good. solid. maybe you can drop the FF on raiders. since you move, you already have th 5+ cover or even the 4+ if you moved flat out.
wow amateur mistake on my part! Non-heavy skimmers have Jink special rule.

Quote:
Bombers never worked for me. also, special missiles are not better than the shatterfield. Go for fighter with Flicker fields so you never have to jink.
I might. Fighters are cheaper and as I've mentioned I've never used the mine before because of inconvenience. I was going heavy on the flyers to capitalize on the comms given to the Aegis Defense Lines which allow me to reroll reserves.

Last edited by Hidemons; 02-19-14 at 11:47 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Skari-
Quote:
I prefer eldar jetbikes over rangers, they are cheaper, and win games because of their movement (you can keep them in reserve)
Like it. It makes adding Flyers to the army more inconvenient though.

Quote:
The beastpack seems illegal. You would need 4 beastmasters for the set up that you have.
You are right. I misread how adding beasts works.

Quote:
The list does seem a bit light on troops, 2 units of kabalites don't last that long even 10 man ones. I think with your list you'd be better off trying 4 5 man units.
Double SC Venoms Yeah?

I have had a couple test games WITHOUT comms and each game I wish I had those mother flipping flyers earlier. The beast squad dropped it like it's hot on the enemy but I played only with flocks and clawed fiends instead of the dogs.

What do you recommend for a severely lethal Heavy support selection then? I have everything from Dark Eldar and Eldar at my disposal.

Last edited by Hidemons; 02-19-14 at 11:49 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 04:18 PM

Yes to the Double SC Venoms.

Going to be honest, Voidravens are pretty cool, but a Razorwing (Flicker Fields) and a Ravager Would cause more damage and be more 'tactically flexible'.

A unit of 3 Jetbikes is, as others have said, a very useful later-game OBJ grabber.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 04:41 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

How do you have an Aegis with Comms AND a gun emplacement? Have I missed something?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-14, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Gahhhh!! I need Flyer management. I feel like a Fighter is not going to cut it. That stuff is weak sauce. Should I go with a stationary fortification or a Bomber? I was thinking the weapon battery with the gattling cannon. (STR 5 Heavy 20) If I double up on Ravangers I'll totally fudge myself over with any flyer opponents.

In this set-up, The Silly Wiggly Group (UNIT A) and Wraithknight (UNIT F) will be the attention grabbers. I'll happily allow them to receive as much fire as possible to protect my softer units.

I still have about 170pts to throw around for more firepower.

HQ
Baron - UNIT A

Eldar Farseer w/ Jetbike, shard of anaris - UNIT A

Elite
none

Troops
UNIT B
Raider w/ Flicker Field

UNIT C
Venom w/ x2 Splinter Cannon
5 Warriors

UNIT D
Venom w/ x2 Splinter Cannon
5 Warriors

UNIT E
3 Eldar Jetbikes w/ Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack
UNIT A
4 Beastmasters
10 Dogs
4 Birds

Heavy
UNIT F
WraithKnight w/Suncannon, Scattershield, Scatterlaser

Ravanger w/FF - UNIT G

Last edited by Hidemons; 02-20-14 at 12:52 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-14, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
How do you have an Aegis with Comms AND a gun emplacement? Have I missed something?
Nope, you're right. Fortifications can only purchase "a single Battlement & Battlefield upgrade"

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-14, 08:43 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

You are clearly underestimating the power of DE jetbikers ;) 170 pts should buy you 2 units of 4 guys. Nice harassers and unbelivable last turn game winners. Otherwise you could want another Ravager...never have enough of Dark Lances...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode