2k Pts Dark Eldar List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-13, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

Default 2k Pts Dark Eldar List

Hello, first Dark Eldar list, and I want to make it well rounded while at the same time make it competetive.

HQ-Duke Sliscus the Serpent
--[5] Kabalite Trueborn (Blaster x2/ Splinter Cannon x2)
--Venom (Splinter Cannon)

HQ- Haemonculus (Huskblade/Liquifier Gun/Soul Trap)
--[9] Hekatrix Bloodbrides (Hydra Gauntlets x2/ Haywire Grenades)
--Raider(Nightshields)

Troop 1- [10] Kabalite Warriors (Splinter Cannon)
--Raider (Splinter Racks/Night Shields)

Troop 2- [10] Kabalite Warriors (Splinter Cannon)
--Raider (Splinter Racks/Night Shields)

Troop 3- [10] Wyches (Hydra Gauntlet x2)
--Raider (Night Shields)

Troop 4- [10] Wyches (Hydra Gauntlet x2)
--Raider (Night Shields)

Troop 5- [10] Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler x2)
--Raider (Night Shields)

Heavy Support 1-Razorwing Jetfighter (Splinter Cannon)
Heavy Support 2-Razorwing Jetfighter (Splinter Cannon)

Total Points: 1983/2000

So as I see it, that is 11 Dark Lances and 8 Splinter Cannons. The last group of Wyches is for tar pitting a unit for a turn if possible. Though I am thinking about adding another set of Hydra Gauntlets to them instead. I would love for Scourges to be in here, simply because I love those units. Alas, I will have to find a different list to work them into I fear. Anyways, this is my first Dark Eldar List and I hope it isn't too bad. I should also mention, this is my first list of 6th Edition as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-13, 05:56 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally I'd ditch the Wyches. Waste of points. If you insist make them Haywire in a Venom simply because it's so cheap. Replace them with Warriors. If you really want melee units look at Incubi, Harlies, Grots, if your desperate Wracks.

Drop the Bloodbrides, incredibly expensive and dont average out much better compared to Wyches. Replace them with 3 Grotesques and Abberition both with LG. Flat out first turn, they will survive the vehicle explosion, the 3 Lgs is nasty and it forces your opennent to deal with that unit.

I'm guessing that's meant to be 4 Trueborn with Duke not 5? Regarding this unit either go 4 blasters or 2 Splinter Cannons and 2 rifles or 2 Carbine don't go halfway. Can't remember if dukes rules applies to SCs, if not then put him in a Raider with some Warriors.

Both Razorwings need Nightshields or Flicker fields or both this is not optional, same to your Raiders and Venoms. They all need to have either or both.

I'd also consider dropping some of the SCs in favour of DL because DE really don't need more basic AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-13, 06:08 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Personally I'd ditch the Wyches. Waste of points. If you insist make them Haywire in a Venom simply because it's so cheap. Replace them with Warriors. If you really want melee units look at Incubi, Harlies, Grots, if your desperate Wracks.
Agreed, but the single best assault unit is Beastmasters. Still, Kabalites > Wyches, definitely.

Quote:
Drop the Bloodbrides, incredibly expensive and dont average out much better compared to Wyches. Replace them with 3 Grotesques and Abberition both with LG. Flat out first turn, they will survive the vehicle explosion, the 3 Lgs is nasty and it forces your opennent to deal with that unit.
I don't honestly think Grotesques are worth it. Just take more Trueborn in Venoms.

Quote:
I'm guessing that's meant to be 4 Trueborn with Duke not 5? Regarding this unit either go 4 blasters or 2 Splinter Cannons and 2 rifles or 2 Carbine don't go halfway. Can't remember if dukes rules applies to SCs, if not then put him in a Raider with some Warriors.
Yep. Trueborn should be kept 3/4 to a squad with Blasters, or 3 with 2 Splinter Cannons and Duke. Super-fragile either way, I'd put Duke in a 20-man unit of Warriors with dual Cannons.

Quote:
Both Razorwings need Nightshields or Flicker fields or both this is not optional, same to your Raiders and Venoms. They all need to have either or both.
See, here I disagree completely. You need Flickerfields on the Razorwings, but Raiders and Venoms shouldn't take either. It's 10pts to make you die like a bitch, instead of start the game dead. DE vehicles are dead by turn three; nobody cares if you have Night Shields or Flickerfields, you're AV10 Open Topped. Besides, since all of your transports have their defense mechanism built in, so there's no point paying 1/6 of your cost to try and compensate your defense in a way that your codex wasn't designed to do. You could buy 10pts of guns (a Splinter Cannon!), which is how Dark Eldar are designed.

Quote:
I'd also consider dropping some of the SCs in favour of DL because DE really don't need more basic AI.
Yes. Dark Lances everywhere you can.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode