6th edition 1500 point competitive Dark Eldar list. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
moswantd407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 548
Reputation: 1
6th edition 1500 point competitive Dark Eldar list.

For any of you that remember any of my other posts, I usually try and build competitive DE armies to decimate opponents and win games. I don't aim for fluff, being "nice", or not being cheesy. I aim to win! Now that 6th edition has come around I am not quite experiences enough to power-game just yet, but I thought I would take a shot at it with you guys.

A few major changes that affect the way I play:
1. The role wyches play in my lists are not too different, although they lost some versatility. I usually use them for killing vehicles or holding up elites or strong troops, but they now are amazing at the first and terrible at the latter. With vehicles going down in overall strength and infantry being more viable I don't expect to be taking these as often.

2. Venoms don't seem as viable to me now because they only have 2 hull points, you pay for their flickerfields in their base cost ( flickerfields are no longer needed due to jink and the fact you will die to assaults due to new rules on assaulting vehicles). Instead of running MSU in venoms I think raiders may be seeing the field more.

3. Ravagers are still great, but the razor-wing jet-fighter is now much more viable than they used to be. HOWEVER, I will begin using a long forgotten unit in our codex...the Voidraven. The reason this wasnt used before was because of the increased cost of having to pay for missiles. However here are the reasons for using tthe voidraven in 6th: 1. Has the same AT capability as the ravager but in flier form, 2. For 40 more points than the razorwing you have the better AT capability AND better missiles, +1 Av on the razorwing, not open topped, and its a flier. I think in heavies voidravens may win in larger point games with ravagers only seeing the light of day in 1000 or less.


Hard C&C is strongly encourages, teh harder the better. If the end of your post isnt insulting my intelligence you posted incorrectly.


1500

Archon-115 ( probably with tactical traits, but possibly warlord)
Shadowfield, Agoniser

Elites-
7x Incubi-154 ( archon here, I felt as though these were needed in case I hold up units with the wyches anyways as backup)
Raider NS-70

Troops-
10x Wyches-150
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix w agoniser
raider NS Shock prow-75

10x Wyches-150 (I used to get haemonculi, but now im not going to bother)
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix w agoniser
Raider NS Shock prow-75

10x Warriors-125
Splinter Cannon
Blaster
Sybarite
Raider NS Racks-80

10x Warriors-125
Splinter Cannon
Blaster
Sybarite
Raider NS racks-80

Heavy Support-

Voidraven Jetbomber-185
4x Shatterfield missiles ( good against infantry, and can be used in synergy with lances against vehicles because of S7)

Voidraven Jetbomber-185
4x Shatterfield missiles

So my wyches and voidravens primary job is AT, but both are more than capable of infantry. My warriors are obviously suited for AI, but can take care of AV. The incubi are there because I was tired when making this list and probably wasn't thinking straight. This is a first draft, and will be revised several times in this thread to just get some people beginning to think how this new system will affect DE lists.

~ 5000 points of space marines and almost 3000 points of dark eldar

"Wise men don't need advice and fools do not take it"
moswantd407 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 07:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Mole120's Avatar
Mole120's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Reputation: 1
Default

Just thought id add in that if you ally with Eldar they are battle brothers so you could include one of their HQ psyker's and use fortune you could re-roll your shadow field (i know i will cause i always fail it.)
I like this list i will definitely use it some time soon.
Mole120 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 09:24 AM
Member
 
Darkrider's Avatar
Darkrider's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 78
Reputation: 1
Default

I second that.


When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather did.

Not screaming in pain like the passengers in his car.
Darkrider is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 09:27 AM
Member
 
NightlySyns's Avatar
NightlySyns's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 59
Reputation: 1
Default

I say screw the Archon, he's not bringing much to the table, the incubi have enough AP3. A cheap Haemon with a SS in the same unit may work better to punk out some characters and give the Incubi a chance against power weapons even with the FNP nerf. Throw the extra points into FF on voids so you never have to lose shooting to Jink snapshots. The extra 35 could go into a Klaviex w/OS to kill power weapons Sarges in challenges.

Thats my opinion. Feel free to C&C me as I competitively play DE as well.
NightlySyns is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Akhara'Keth's Avatar
Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tübingen/Germany
Posts: 212
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole120 View Post
Just thought id add in that if you ally with Eldar they are battle brothers so you could include one of their HQ psyker's and use fortune you could re-roll your shadow field (i know i will cause i always fail it.)
I like this list i will definitely use it some time soon.
Only problem is, that Allied troops can't use your transporters. So you can't put the farseer in the same vehicle as the archon. And a footslogging Inccubi unit is....not really effective.

And as I posted in another thread, what about 4x Trueborns with 2x Dark Lances, sitting back in cover and a Farseer to buff them?

And I think voidravens have the problem, that they have to stay in reserves for at least one turn. SO you dont' have any strong AT units for the first turns to take out high priority armoured targets.

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/

Last edited by Akhara'Keth; 07-01-12 at 10:13 AM.
Akhara'Keth is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 10:53 AM
Member
 
NightlySyns's Avatar
NightlySyns's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 59
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhara'Keth View Post
Only problem is, that Allied troops can't use your transporters. So you can't put the farseer in the same vehicle as the archon. And a footslogging Inccubi unit is....not really effective.

And as I posted in another thread, what about 4x Trueborns with 2x Dark Lances, sitting back in cover and a Farseer to buff them?

And I think voidravens have the problem, that they have to stay in reserves for at least one turn. SO you dont' have any strong AT units for the first turns to take out high priority armoured targets.
Agreed, it may be worth it to squeeze in a comms relay or Autarch for the reserve bonus so you can rely on those flyers coming in T2. With a 50/50 chance at Nightfight on standard missions your skimmers flatout move will be a 2+ cover turn 1.

I like the Farseer idea, if you put the farseer/trueborn in mid he can Doom units for your other forces as well.
NightlySyns is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Akhara'Keth's Avatar
Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tübingen/Germany
Posts: 212
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlySyns View Post
I like the Farseer idea, if you put the farseer/trueborn in mid he can Doom units for your other forces as well.
And you can still snapshot those Dark Lances on the mvoe.

Oh, and lets say I have a Farseer in a Trueborn squad. Can I Doom an enemy unit A, while using Prescience on the Trueborn squad, which is shooting on enemy unit B?

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
Akhara'Keth is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 11:16 AM
Member
 
NightlySyns's Avatar
NightlySyns's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 59
Reputation: 1
Default

I dont see why not, as long as he has the Spirit Stones to cast 2 powers. The snapshots with rerolls will be nice if you have to move your trueborn.

I think its gonna take lots of playing and seeing what kind of lists other armies are taking. I feel almost safe since I feel Hydras and Rifledreads will be less standard.
NightlySyns is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 12:58 PM
Senior Member
 
capnmoe's Avatar
capnmoe's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 169
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhara'Keth View Post
Only problem is, that Allied troops can't use your transporters. So you can't put the farseer in the same vehicle as the archon.
Well shit. I had read this rule earlier but since the first part of the allies rule says HQs can join other allied units, i didn't think that this applied to them for some reason. Totally ruins my plan to run Eldrad with some DE units. I have a feeling that this will be FAQd to allow HQs that join battle brothers units to embark in their transports eventually.
capnmoe is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
moswantd407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 548
Reputation: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlySyns View Post
I say screw the Archon, he's not bringing much to the table, the incubi have enough AP3. A cheap Haemon with a SS in the same unit may work better to punk out some characters and give the Incubi a chance against power weapons even with the FNP nerf. Throw the extra points into FF on voids so you never have to lose shooting to Jink snapshots. The extra 35 could go into a Klaviex w/OS to kill power weapons Sarges in challenges.

Thats my opinion. Feel free to C&C me as I competitively play DE as well.
I see your point, but with the new 12" buffs provided by HQ's with the warlord trait, I would like an HQ that is more survivable to keep that buff on the table near the troops that need it (wyches and incubi).


I also feel as though the voidravens being in reserve isn't that much of a problem. At least 1 will most likely come in turn one because fliers come in on a 3+ base.

I am working on tweaking this list, please keep the ideas concerning competitive DE coming with C&C, and I am glad this has galvanized thought towards how we will play this edition.

~ 5000 points of space marines and almost 3000 points of dark eldar

"Wise men don't need advice and fools do not take it"
moswantd407 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome