1500pts Daemons - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-11, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Default 1500pts Daemons

Hi all. I'm somewhat new to Warhammer Fantasy, and I've never played Daemons before, but I wanted to try them. This list is built up from the units available in the soon-to-be-released Daemons Battleforce. I'm not really looking for a competitive list just yet. I just need an army that will help me learn the rules and be fun to play!! Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks.

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut of Khorne and Armor of Khorne = 165

20 Bloodletters of Khorne w/ Musician, Bloodreaper, and Standard Bearer = 270pts

20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/ Musician, Alluress, and Standard Bearer = 270pts

20 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch w/ Musician, Iridescent Horror, Standard Bearer = 270pts

5 Seekers of Slaanesh w/ Musician, Alluress, and Standard Bearer = 150pts

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne w/ Musician, Bloodreaper, Standard Bearer = 260pts

3 Flamers of Tzeentch = 105pts

Last edited by grumpyolddragon; 08-04-11 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-11, 02:17 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Well, first off it doesn't look like you have a wizard anywhere! (okay, I lie, you have pinkies who are great!)
While you no longer *must* take a wizard to be able to dispel enemy magic, they do help out and it's fun to throw some magic of your own about too! Plus, what makes our wizard's even better is how they buff their basic core unit counter-part.

So perhaps you might want to look at getting a Herald of Tzeentch? He also lets you play about with the 8 basic lores of magic in the rulebook too, so you can have some fun trying out the different lores and seeing what works well for you... (personally, I love combining Life & Metal magic!)
You can get a Tzeentch Herald by droping the seekers for now. (sad I know). But seekers are on the squishy side, and while they're a decent counter to enemy missile troops/war machines, they're about as resilient as an elf against those targets, and with 8th's new rules such as 'Step-up' they'll fold pretty fast in combat...

As for those pinkies, whenever you take a larger unit, I find it key to include the Changeling. His ability to swap stats can really make the difference and stop some big nasty gribbly from trashing your unit!
Sure monstrous units like minotaurs or ogres or elite infantry will still hurt, but enemy characters and lone monsters are no longer any real threat!

You might also want to try your khorne herald on foot as well just to see how he'll help buff those bloodletters. (His mounted version will still rank-up properly in the unit, but you'll lose out on 2 'letters being able to attack due to the herald's huge footprint!)
With 'hatred', those bloodletters will then be able to carve up most anything your opponent puts in front of them!
It's also worthwhile to find the pts to put a Firestorm blade on him too, as there's alot of regen nasties out there. Plus with the Herald striking first @I6, the rest of the unit can then happily hack apart their regen'less targets! (*very* handy against things like trolls, OK units, VC grave guard, hydras, hellpit abombs, etc...)

Hope this kinda helps,
Cheers!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-11, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by experiment 626 View Post
Well, first off it doesn't look like you have a wizard anywhere! (okay, I lie, you have pinkies who are great!)
While you no longer *must* take a wizard to be able to dispel enemy magic, they do help out and it's fun to throw some magic of your own about too! Plus, what makes our wizard's even better is how they buff their basic core unit counter-part.

So perhaps you might want to look at getting a Herald of Tzeentch? He also lets you play about with the 8 basic lores of magic in the rulebook too, so you can have some fun trying out the different lores and seeing what works well for you... (personally, I love combining Life & Metal magic!)
You can get a Tzeentch Herald by droping the seekers for now. (sad I know). But seekers are on the squishy side, and while they're a decent counter to enemy missile troops/war machines, they're about as resilient as an elf against those targets, and with 8th's new rules such as 'Step-up' they'll fold pretty fast in combat...

As for those pinkies, whenever you take a larger unit, I find it key to include the Changeling. His ability to swap stats can really make the difference and stop some big nasty gribbly from trashing your unit!
Sure monstrous units like minotaurs or ogres or elite infantry will still hurt, but enemy characters and lone monsters are no longer any real threat!

You might also want to try your khorne herald on foot as well just to see how he'll help buff those bloodletters. (His mounted version will still rank-up properly in the unit, but you'll lose out on 2 'letters being able to attack due to the herald's huge footprint!)
With 'hatred', those bloodletters will then be able to carve up most anything your opponent puts in front of them!
It's also worthwhile to find the pts to put a Firestorm blade on him too, as there's alot of regen nasties out there. Plus with the Herald striking first @I6, the rest of the unit can then happily hack apart their regen'less targets! (*very* handy against things like trolls, OK units, VC grave guard, hydras, hellpit abombs, etc...)

Hope this kinda helps,
Cheers!
Cool. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I'll make those changes you've suggested and try it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Daemons of Chaos Army lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode