2250 pts Daemons of Chaos - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Default 2250 pts Daemons of Chaos

Heros

Herald of Khorne (General)- Firestorm Blade; Armour of Khorne[140]
Herald of Khorne - Firestorm Blade; Armour of Khorne; Battlestandard Bearer [165]
Herald of Tzeench - Master of Sorcery [140]

Total: 445

Core

29 Bloodletters - Standard Bearer; Musician [366]
29 Bloodletters - Standard Bearer; Musician [366]
35 Horrors - Musician; Standard Bearer - Icon of Sorcery [453]

Total 1185

Special

6 Screamers [180]

Total: 180

Rare

3 Fiends [165]
3 Fiends [165]
3 Flamers [105]

Total: 435

Overall Total: 2245

I'm new to Fantasy, or at least am returning after a long break since 6th, so this list's probably gonna be way off. I'm picking Daemons because I itend to build them as 40k force at the same time, hence the inclusion of things like Fiends and Screamers.

As far as the army goes, it's pretty much a blunt instrument, heralds join each of the core blocks for their Locus of Chaos. Bloodletters advance straight down the middle, hopefully charging by turn 2, 3 at the latest and then cut the most expensive thing they can find to ribbons.

Horrors are a level 3, the herald's a level 2. Not really sure if that's enough magic for these points to be honest. Nor am I sure what Lore is best for the Herald - I'm tempted to say life, for healing and buffs, seeing as the Horrors are already hurling a load of magic missiles, but I'm not sure.

Screamers are for hunting Warmachines - cannons and mortars, and then simply being a nuscience with their slashing attack. Perhaps any survivers can provide objective denial in the later stages too.

Fiends are there for flanking, although they don't negate ranks, they still pile in a shedload of attacks. Against most opponents, combined with Bloodletters, I'm hoping them can strip large units down fairly fast, and simply break smaller ones in the first turn.

Flamers are for supporting the horrors, and adding their weight to the magic. They also further provide flaming attacks, but I doubt that regen is something this army really has to worry about...

So, comments and criticism please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 08:32 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

It's a good start. I'd try to find a way to add more flamers though, even if it means cutting the fiends down to 2 per unit, instead of 3. The screamers could stand to be cut down into 2-3 smaller units to give you more flexibility, but that's up to you.

Overall, it looks fine. Good luck!

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Daemons of Chaos Army lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode