Zombie Scenario PDF Project - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-12-09, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

skeam224's Flag is: USA

Default Zombie Scenario PDF Project

Hey guys, im starting a Zombie Scenario with a full written pdf and special rules for it and seeing how alot of people on here has great ideas on how to make one, i was just wondering if some of you might want to collaborate ideas and submit anything you may think is useful to my Zombie PDF. I will include your name on the credits page of the PDF and make sure you get credit for your ideas. Rep will also be given for your contribution to the PDF. Any new things will be with blue writing. Seeing how I love zombie video games and movies, there will be an extreme amount of references and ideas similiar to other zombie related media. For example, I love the game Dead Space and like the Unitology markings scattered everywhere on the walls of the games, so I'm having the markings/writing on terrain pieces. The scenario will also be played out Nazi Zombies style where a group of space marines barracade themselves in a building and fend off the zombies. Ideally, a Bag O' Zombies should be purchased to be used as zombies since they come in a pack of 100 which should be plenty for a while. Heres a few things i need first from anybody who would like to give ideas:

1. Name Of The Project( Just like theres Nazi Zombies, How bout something like Marine Zombies or Dawn of the Chaos, etc etc):

2. Some Fluff on how the Zombies were created and what world its on:

-So far I have that there were reports of scientists who formed a cult and were into cultist activities such as genetic manipulation and chaos worshipping. The scientists were looking for any possible way of reviving its dead by ANY means neccesary. So a group of witch hunters consisting of an Inquisitor and his retinue were sent in to confirm these reports and eradicate the problem. Three weeks have past with no communication from the Inquisitor. So in response, a chapter of space marines were dispatched on drop pods on the death planet to rescue the inquisitor. When they landed, they formed combat squads and sent in different areas to search for the Inquisitor. However, what they find are humans transformed into lifeless beings and are viscious and corrupted in every way.

3. How the game is played out:

- I think that the game should be played out with a combat squad barracaded in building in the middle of the table and may leave the building whenever they want and go into other buildings for shelter. Unit Coherency does not need be used. 5 Zombies will start at the table edge and 2 will appear via deepstrike. When 1 zombie dies, 2 more must be replaced by it.
The game will be played out for 5 turns, when then a Rhino or Razorback transport comes on the short table edge and drives to rescue the marines. However, Marines, shall show no fear and may choose to keep on fighting. The transport however will be put in danger of being assaulted by the zombies and can be destroyed, where the marines will have to wait another 5 turns for another transport, or they may go into a Communications building and request a transport to be delivered where they will instead wait for only 3 turns. In order for the marines to be rescued, all the surviving marines must be embarked in the transport and drive to the closest short table edge. Note that marines must be in unit coherency in order to embark on a transport.
Weapons can be purchased by credits. Each zombie kill is worth 1 credit and crimson zombies are worth 3.Credits can be shared by all marines. Certain weapons will cost certain credits. For example a heavy bolter costs 5 credits and is a devastating weapon, however, it is a heavy weapon and you can not move when attempting to shoot it, risking being attacked. Weapon upgrades should be shown on the model either by replacing the model with the upgraded weapon or magnetising the models and switching the weapons out. The upgrade weapons must be placed in buildings or on top of buildings before the game starts. However, they may not all be placed in one particular building. Only 2 weapons may be placed in buildings shown by either a proxy or bits. A small bit box is suitable for this.
Barracades may be purchased for 2 credits each. To use them, a marine model must end their movement in base contact with any opening where zombies are allowed to enter. This grants the entryway an Armour strength of 8.
I will lay out more detailed rules once I get responses and things organized.

4. Zombie Stats:

I saw someone post up some stats of a zombie and I thought the stats were perfect. Ill give credit once I remember who it is.

Troops

Zombies:
WS 3
BS 0
S 3
T 4
W 1
I 5
A 1
LD 0
Sv -
Special Rules:
Mindless
Zombies are undead and do not think, they pass all morale tests.
Transformation
When three zombies are killed, keep one model on its side. At the beginning of either players turn roll a D6. On a 3+, one model tranforms into a Crimson Zombie. Zombies killed by flamethrowers or plasma weapons may not transform into Crimson Zombie.

Crimson Zombies:
WS 4
BS 0
S 5
T 4
W 1
I 2
A 2
LD 0
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mindless
Tooth and Nail
Zombies will attack with tooth and nail counting as having "Rending Weapons".
Acute Senses
Zombies have heightened senses and are not subject to "Night Fighting" rules.

Elite:

Screechers:
WS 4
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 4
A 3
LD 1
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mutant Zombie
These zombies have mutated and travel alone, may not join or be joined by other units unless by special rules.
Screech
When Screechers are within 24" and LoS of enemies they screech and call other nearby zombies within 12" into "Furious Charge" to the enemies.
Tooth and Nail

5. Special Rules Game Rules:

Both sides will have special rules and i will try to balance them out. If you have any special rules which you think are awesome, send them in. So far I have these.

-Space Marines

Extermination: If all zombies are eliminated in the space marines turn, then the zombies skip their turn without respawning, granting the space marines a free turn of movement. The Space Marines may upgrade any weapons and set one trap down.

Upgrading weapon!: A Space Marine may use credits to upgrade his weapons. If he is within 1" of the weapon box, he may purchase the weapon using his credits. If he does not have enough credits, he may not purchase it.

We Shall Show No FEAR!: After the transport has arrive to rescue the space marines, they may choose to fight on and not embark on the transport. The transport may be used to attack zombies using whatever weapons are mounted on it. The transport can be assaulted by zombies.

Hit And Run: Space Marines have the hit and run rule.
Split Fire: Weapons that fire more than once may split fire between two or more models. Pick a single target and fire as normal. All results of a ‘hit’ may be divided between the target and any other legal target within 3 inches of one of the intended targets. Roll to wound for each target separately.
Example: Brother Feil raises his bolter and fires at a group of three approaching zombies. His original target (zombie A) is 10 inches away so he gets to rapid fire. He scores two hits. The two other zombies (Zombies B and C are within 3 inches of the first. Zombie B is 11 inches from Brother Feil and in cover of a ruin. Brother Feil may nominate to split fire between Zombies A and B, although B will get a cover save. Zombie C is 13 inches from Brother Feil, which means it is out of rapid fire range and would not legal count for a weapon using rapid fire. Brother Feil cannot split fire between Zombies A and C. If Brother Feil had been inclined to bring his heavy bolter, he could have hit each Zombie once (3 shots, all targets are legal, in range and within 3 inches of each other).

6. Artwork:

If you have any artwork that youve created in anyway either my drawing, photoshop, model conversion or anything thats zombie related, please send it in. Ill be more than happy to include it.

As you can see Im trying to make this game very detailed, but at the same time, easy to play and enjoyable. Remember, not all rules have to be used and can be changed to your liking. Id rather you give your opinions on certain things and help me with changing things around. With these rules given, im going to attempt this game out to see if it is balanced or not. Well, hope you guys help me out with this

Last edited by skeam224; 08-16-09 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-13-09, 02:03 AM

I have a comment and a question

1. Great idea with the weapon upgrades! Also what might be interesting is giving the Marines the option to purchase barricades. They could be placed near any entrance and would have like armor 8 on all sides. They would let the Marines slow down the zombies a bit so they can shoot them while they advance.

2. When the Marines get credits, would each individual marine have its own credits, or would they be shared by the team?
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-13-09, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metch View Post
I have a comment and a question

1. Great idea with the weapon upgrades! Also what might be interesting is giving the Marines the option to purchase barricades. They could be placed near any entrance and would have like armor 8 on all sides. They would let the Marines slow down the zombies a bit so they can shoot them while they advance.

2. When the Marines get credits, would each individual marine have its own credits, or would they be shared by the team?

1. Hehe thanks. Ya i was considering adding barracades but i wasnt sure on how it would work. Ill be using this for the PDF

2. The marines will be able to share credits around. The reason for this is that it might be hard trying to keep track of which marine earned a credit and which didnt. This could be used as a tactic also as you may have a flamer keep racking up credits while it gives others the chance to buy better weapons.

Rep for your contribution

Last edited by skeam224; 08-13-09 at 03:13 AM.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-13-09, 06:18 PM

The Herald of Discord's Flag is: Malta

Here are some ideas Ive been playing with. You have already set some different ground rules (like objects and stats) but these are my two cents. I do want to point out, however, that there are rules for plague zombies and background to how they are created in a data sheet and necromunda. Those might be good resources for you guys. So without further adieu:

Set-up: Use a 4 x 4 table. The defenders deploy anywhere within six inches of the centre surrounded by barricades. All Zombies are placed in contact with the edges of the table, evenly distributed as much as possible on all sides.

Objective: Survive....forever. (The game lasts as long as you want it to).
Separated from the herd: This scenario represents an isolated pocket of resistance against a massive zombie apocalypse from a patrol team, battlefield survivors or an army that has been thrown into disarray by the implacable onslaught of the zombies. To represent the small scale warfare of zombie survival, this scenario is for use with combat patrol rules.

Every entity for itself: Models are not constricted by unit coherency and are treated as independent characters.
Hold the Line: If a model is forced to take a leadership test, they may use the leadership of any other model within 3’ if it is higher than theirs.

Redirect Assault: If a unit fires at a model in the shooting phase and kills it (it is removed from play), the firing unit may still assault another model. Otherwise, all models must charge the unit they shot at.

Split Fire: Weapons that fire more than once may split fire between two or more models. Pick a single target and fire as normal. All results of a ‘hit’ may be divided between the target and any other legal target within 3 inches of one of the intended targets. Roll to wound for each target separately.
Example: Brother Feil raises his bolter and fires at a group of three approaching zombies. His original target (zombie A) is 10 inches away so he gets to rapid fire. He scores two hits. The two other zombies (Zombies B and C are within 3 inches of the first. Zombie B is 11 inches from Brother Feil and in cover of a ruin. Brother Feil may nominate to split fire between Zombies A and B, although B will get a cover save. Zombie C is 13 inches from Brother Feil, which means it is out of rapid fire range and would not legal count for a weapon using rapid fire. Brother Feil cannot split fire between Zombies A and C. If Brother Feil had been inclined to bring his heavy bolter, he could have hit each Zombie once (3 shots, all targets are legal, in range and within 3 inches of each other).

Barricades: If an assault is made against a model with a barricade in front of them, the enemy requires 6s to hit on the first turn. In addition, the victim may choose to break from combat at the end of that assault phase, moving d6 inches away from the assaulting unit. Unmanned barricades can be moved over by spending 1 inch of movement.
Endless assault: Any Zombie casualties caused by the defenders are placed on the table edge at the end of the Zombies next turn.

Ammo Store (optional): Represented by an objective marker. All units within 6” of the makrer always have ammo. Models outside of 6” run out of ammo on a “to hit” role of 6. Weapons that are out of ammo cannot be used until the model has resupplied within 6” of the marker. The marker can be destroyed. It is treated as an immobile vehicle with armour 9 all around. It can be transported in a vehicle with the transport ability. It counts as 5 models.
-Playing by yourself: If you lack friends or are simply bored, you can play this scenario on your own. Zombies always move towards the closest enemy, always assault when in range, and come on a randomly determined table edge for the endless assault special rule.
- When you finally get bored, you can institute a race to the helicopter objective. Place an objective as far from your troops as possible. They have to make it here alive to surivive.
- Zombie rules are as per apocalypse data sheet.

W - who knows? D - probably more than I have won... L - who cares?
# of times I have had fun - Every damn game baby, oh yeah!!!
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for your input. Ill be using split fire and maybe some other things such as how to play by yourself. You've also given me ideas on assaulting zombies. Thanks Again. Rep!
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 06:20 AM

Chocobuncle's Flag is: USA

Dude let me guess you play L4D and thats where you got the idea for like 5 turns and picks up the survivors in a rhino. I'll post more later
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Actually I don't play left for dead. I havnt saved any money for it since I'm really spending my money on 40k stuff. But I've been dying to get my hands on it! And now I want to play it even more! Haha.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 07:22 AM

Chocobuncle's Flag is: USA

Duude L4D is so sick but beware it DOES get boring after a while but they added stuff so its not as boring as much but still pretty kool game

You could kinda have like a L4D and Res Evil thing going on would be kool like special zombies

For the zombie stats they seems WAY too strong so this is what I thought of

Troops

Zombies:
WS 3
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 1
A 1
LD 0
Sv -
Special Rules:
Mindless
Horde
Zombies are everywhere and are subject to "Swarms" rule.

Crimson Zombies:
WS 4
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 2
A 2
LD 0
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mindless
Tooth and Nail
Acute Senses
Horde

Elite:

Screechers:
WS 4
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 4
A 3
LD 1
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mutant Zombie
These zombies have mutated and travel alone, may not join or be joined by other units unless by special rules.
Screech
When Screechers are within 24" and LoS of enemies they screech and call other nearby zombies within 12" into "Furious Charge" to the enemies.
Tooth and Nail

Diggers:
WS 5
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 2
I 3
A 1
LD 1
Sv 4+

Special Rules:
Mutant Zombie
Duo
Diggers travel in duos meaning there can only be 2 Diggers together in a squad
Tunneling
Must always use Deep Strike rule and will always receive a +5 cover save
Digger Claws
Diggers claws can go through nearly any material with ease counting as Force Weapons.
Hit and Run
Being feared for a reason, Diggers attack with little warning and disappear without a trace, they are subject to the Hit and Run rule.

I'll be making more, just wanted to post what I had so far and for the fluff you can look here about the Zombie Plague on Lexicanum http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Zombie_Plague

Last edited by Chocobuncle; 08-15-09 at 02:19 AM.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 03:36 PM

The Herald of Discord's Flag is: Malta

The fluff may be better if it was simply a Nurgle cult has completed a ritual which has released the Zombie Plague upon a planet. With Chaos rampant on the planet, Exterminus is only a matter of time. The Space Marines have been ordered to take what they can and fall back to the battle barge. The Marines have just evacuated a Space Marine garrison point with vital information and priceless equipment. They are now awaiting evac. As the Marines make their way to the dust off point, they find the dead citizens have risen from their graves: the Zombie Plague has taken hold and these former Imperial citizens are now in the clutch of Father Nurgle. The Marines must now hold out till help arrives or bring absolution to as many abominations as possible.

I was thinking the follwoing zombie profile would be fun. Marine players could target them to kill more zombies, but if they get too close, it could be doom for the poor marines especially if it finds the rhino. I was thinking every 10th respawn is a bloated corpse.

Bloated Corpse
WS2 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD0 SV5+
They Got More Stuff: When a bloated corpse suffers its last wound, it explodes. Place the large blast template with the centre on the bloated corpse. All models touched by the template take a strength 5 hit, using 2D6 for armour penetration as clouds of pestilence seep through any weaknesses in the armour and corrosive chemicals eat away at the material.
Cloud of Flies: Constantly surrounded by buzzing insects, it is difficult to tell the corpse from the flies. Shooting attacks suffer -1 to hit.

W - who knows? D - probably more than I have won... L - who cares?
# of times I have had fun - Every damn game baby, oh yeah!!!
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobuncle View Post
Duude L4D is so sick but beware it DOES get boring after a while but they added stuff so its not as boring as much but still pretty kool game

You could kinda have like a L4D and Res Evil thing going on would be kool like special zombies

For the zombie stats they seems WAY too strong so this is what I thought of

Troops

Zombies:
WS 3
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 1
A 1
LD 0
Sv -
Special Rules:
Mindless
Horde

Crimson Zombies:
WS 4
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 2
A 2
LD 0
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mindless
Tooth and Nail
Acute Senses
Horde

Elite:

Screechers:
WS 4
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 4
A 3
LD 1
Sv 6+

Special Rules:
Mutant Zombie
Screech
Tooth and Nail

Diggers:
WS 5
BS 0
S 4
T 4
W 2
I 3
A 1
LD 1
Sv 4+
Mutant Zombie
Duo
Diggers travel in duos meaning there can only be 2 Diggers together in a squad
Tunneling
Must always use Deep Strike rule and will always receive a +5 cover save
Digger Claws
Diggers claws can go through nearly any material with ease counting as Force Weapons.
Hit and Run
Being feared for a reason, Diggers attack with little warning and disappear without a trace, they are subject to the Hit and Run rule.

I'll be making more, just wanted to post what I had so far and for the fluff you can look here about the Zombie Plague on Lexicanum http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Zombie_Plague
So i played a couple trial games last nite and your rite. They are EXTREMELY difficult to kill. Almost as strong as the space marines themselves. i fired 6 shots to a group of only 3 zombies and none were hit

So no i will have to use somewhat weaker stats for them. I like your stats jsut by how they look and im gonna try them out tonight. Im not sure whether or not to put Crimson heads on elites or keep as troops. Even thought the FOC doesnt apply here, i still want people to be able to play out an actual game if they wanted to using FOC. I might keep em at Troops just to give people a choice of who to take between the two. I like your elites too but im not sure on how would they appear. Maybe i can have them come out every 3 rounds or something. Or maybe even going to a certain building will trigger them to appear.

Herald of Discord, i like your fluff more than mine since it actually seems like something that would happen rather. However is there a way that i can say that maybe the scientist were a nurgle cult and completed the ritual which released the zombie plague on the planet theyre on? And that space marines were sent in to investigate and wipe out the disease but it proved to be too much for them and they were force to evacuate. And maybe theyre can be a campaign to this too if the players choose to do it. I wanna leave a little things left open to add more storyyline and more scenarios if i felt creative enough. lol. Your bloated corpse is awesome too. Any ideas on how i can make them come out?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > Custom 40k Scenarios

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode