Fog of War
Normal army selection
Terrain is suitable for deception and chamoflague (ie, no open plains)
Every unit has a 'blip' marker and is numbered. For every three units a player has, they get an additional 'false flag' blip.
Players alternate placing their blips in suitable terrain. Vehicles models that have camo netting may be placed in the open as blips, otherwise vehicles must be in cover or deploy naked (this is one way of saving blips - more on that later).
During a player's turn, he may engage in one of three options. These are in addition to normal shooting, moving, and assaulting.
(1) Move a blip 6", obeying normal terrain restrictions.
(2) Replace a blip with the representative unit and move accordingly
(3) Replace a unit that is out of line of sight to any enemy units with up to three blips and move each blip 6", obeying normal terrain restrictions.
(1) Recon by fire. A revealed unit may shoot at a blip. If hit, the owning player requires a Ld Check against their Army General's Ld. If failed, and the blip is a real unit, replace the blip with the unit and resolve wounds. If failed and the blip is a false flag, remove the blip. If passed, the blip remains in play.
(2) Replace a blip that moved with the representative unit and fire accordingly.
(3) Get Eyes On. The unit makes a Ld check to reveal any single blip within their line of sight. -1 to Ld for every 12" seperation. If passed, the blip is revealed as either a unit or false flag and removed. This is in lieu of shooting.
Blips cannot assault
(1) Assaulting a blip. If the blip represents a unit, it is revealed. Otherwise the blip is removed.
A player has a number of blip counters equal to the total number of units plus 1 blip for every three units (rounded down). Any false flag blips that are revealed are discarded. Blips belonging to actual units, however, are saved. In the event a unit tries to go back 'under cover', the pool of blips held by the player is used to provide up to three blips. The purpose of this rule is to allow units to fade back into the fog of war, but to decrease the amount of fog as the game progresses.
Last edited by Grishnak da Orc Chief; 02-23-09 at 06:04 PM.