Space marine armor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-11, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Space marine armor

Is there a market for space marine armor? My friend. And I are making termie and regular space marine armor, along with s.o.b. And eldar. Do people actually want this stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-11, 12:35 AM

DivineArchitect's Flag is: United Kingdom

As cool as an idea it is im not sure you'll make a huge amount from it, you could try pawning it off to fancy dress shop but your best bet would be to seel it at games day and such like, ebay no dout will find you a few customers. personaly i have enough WW1 and 2 gear to look like a guardsmen as it.

..you have howver given me an idea..do know a jewler? i may have to get an aquila ring made..now theres something id pay for!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-11, 11:16 PM

Anarkitty's Flag is: USA

GW would probably shut you down pretty quick if you started selling it on any sort of scale, which is unfortunate, because I'd probably buy a set if you could make them long enough to save up for it
If you keep it on a small scale, though, you could probably stay off GW's radar, especially since they don't make anything like it, and you wouldn't really be competing with them, per se.
Wo with that said, how much were you thinking of charging? You probably would have a market, there's lots of people that would love to own this stuff, and don't have the skills or expertise or work space to make it themselves.

Check out my Codex: Scions of Slaanesh (Grey Knights complete rewrite)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?p=959181

And my Necromunda Escher gang project log (with lots of pictures)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/....php?p=1007914

In our embrace of the pleasures of the flesh we feel the embrace of the Dark Prince
She asks nothing of us but to enjoy life, and in doing so we bring glory to Him
Give up your petty faiths and morals and join us in the bosom of the Goddess of Pleasure

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-11, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

hmm.. yeah I havent really figured a price for the armor yet, as is we are about a quarter of the way through, we are doing this right though so it could take a while. the helmets will have radios and voice changers along with lit eye lenses and fans to keep you cool. the armor itself will have fans to cool you as well and will be padded pretty nicely. some of the problems that we have seen with other armors is sizing, which we are also running into some snags with. we created "stilt" shins, to give the wearer some extra height but this makes the arms look short and stubby. but there really isnt a good way to have control of your hands and extend the arms, unless your stretch armstrong. and in general we have added bulk to the suits to take away the focus on your trex arms. ill try and get some pictures up soon but my camera took a swim. as for the sisters of battle, they seem to be a bit easier, less armor, at least less that you can see. the fabric that covers alot of them should make the costume pretty comfortable (heat wise) but the helmet will need fans too, the other problem im having with them is the lack of pictures that i have found, ( i also may not have looked too hard.) the eldar helm and armor is pretty cool though! ok wow, this was a long rant. price wise though, have to finish it to see how many hours and how tough its going to be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Cosplay, L.A.R.P & Re-Enactment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode