Waterloo 2015 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-15, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Default Waterloo 2015

Linked from here.

So, my immediate superior in my ECW regiment was also at Waterloo as an Ensign of the 27th Enniskillen.
What's the Napoleonic scrapping like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-15, 06:29 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Linked from here.

So, my immediate superior in my ECW regiment was also at Waterloo as an Ensign of the 27th Enniskillen.
What's the Napoleonic scrapping like?
The 27th were over to our left in the line.
Wellington rode up and called out a corporal. He then berated him for stealing a pig! The Dukes adjutant went into the man's pack and brought out a small stuffed pink pig! The whole British line fell about laughing.

That was the flavour of the weekend fighting.

This was all in front of about 60,000 spectators who were in stands that marked the ridge behind Wellington's actual line on the day in 1815. My unit, the 44th, were actually standing roughly in the position they were in on the battle. It was really strange.

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-15, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
The 27th were over to our left in the line.
Wellington rode up and called out a corporal. He then berated him for stealing a pig! The Dukes adjutant went into the man's pack and brought out a small stuffed pink pig! The whole British line fell about laughing.

That was the flavour of the weekend fighting.

This was all in front of about 60,000 spectators who were in stands that marked the ridge behind Wellington's actual line on the day in 1815.
Fucking golden!

Quote:
My unit, the 44th, were actually standing roughly in the position they were in on the battle. It was really strange.
Tell me about it. We did the 370th Anniversary of Naseby this year, on a section of the original battlefield. Was very surreal.
We were also camped in the fields where the NMA made their rendezvous before the battle.

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 07:59 AM

Our Brigade was camped in the orchard of Hougoumont. Our tents were against the right-hand corner and where the main French assault came in on the day. It was very weird knowing that thousands were injured and killed on this sacred ground.
I was worried about taking a piss at night.. it seemed like sacrilege!

Bizarrely, the other side of the wall was a service road that lead around to the front of the farm. This was where all the bogs were lined up. A Canadian re-enactor died there on the first day of a heart attack! One of our chaps was a medic and worked on him but failed. He was a wee bit pissed off after that.
The organisers had planned on a death a day! Luckily there was only one out of over 6000. However, there were lots of injuries, some very serious.

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 08:01 AM

Here is me on the corner at Hougoumont!

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 08:03 AM

Practicing 'squares!' I am 4th from right in the line at the front.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 08:06 AM

Me and my two pards (both Sealed Knot), on the actual battlefield before the kick off!

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Me and my two pards (both Sealed Knot), on the actual battlefield before the kick off!
Can't say as I recognise them, but then the SK is a pretty big society

Quote:
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 06:51 PM

Kev Pallett and Paul Lawry.. in Rawlings I think?

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-15, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Rawdons?

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Cosplay, L.A.R.P & Re-Enactment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode