Holy shit this looks complex.
Its not as complicated as it looks.
Here are some more pictures of the completed paper builds.
Firstly here is the cuis or thigh armour. The one on the left is my first attempt at a correctly scaled piece. I noticed the lower stud is going to get in the way and the raised section on the outer thigh was too complex a model. So I had some adjustments to do. I also took advice form a person who makes 'real' medieval armour and the inner thigh was too high and would cause problems walking around, so I lowered this in comparison to the rest of the armour. This piece is slighly loose which is good as it will be slightly thicker on the inside once the fibre glasss is added. The results from these changes are on the right. All studs will be added as resin casts as this will be easier to do.
Next up is a very poor picture of the greaves. Its hard to get a decent picture and I am going to build a former the shape of my leg for when I add the resin. This way I can keep it in shape so it will fit when it is finished.
Finally I have been working on the helmet for revilo44's ranger costume. I took a rip of a guardian model from DOW. Once in blender it was a real mess. It took me a while to remove all duplicated vectors and normalise the model. I then fiddles with the way the ear stud were attached and came up with a nice fold out. I scaled it very badly and you can see the right hand model is pretty big. In fact our dog can almost fit into the entire thing. I then did some scaling nd got the second left hand build. This is slightly too small, but is pretty damn close. Hopefully thrid time will be the charm. The hardest thing is defenitly the scaling of things.
I have now given up trying to make the sabaton for my feet. They are just too tricky to get right and don't warrent any more time. I have an idea on how to get the feet looking correct which I will detail later when I get that far.
So its just a case of printing and building right hand leg pieces, scaling and building a new ranger helmet and completing the knee pad. Once I have done these its out with the resin to get these things stiffened up ready for some fibre glass.