40k Dreadnought, tech priest and 3 spacemarine costume build 2013 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-28-12, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Default 40k Dreadnought, tech priest and 3 spacemarine costume build 2013

Hi All, New to this forum

I have been posting updates on the dakka dakka forums

I have started to build a dreadnought, tech Preist and three ultra marines for the 2013 carnivals. Below is a picture to give you an idea of what is in store.

1: The dread will have 10 speakers, so the dreadnought can speak to the crowd and give orders to the Ultramarines with me.

2: The dreadnought will have an Assualt cannon that spins with a radio control car motor with lights in the tubes so it can be seen at night.

3: Missile launcher will have 8 speakers acting as missiles to hide them in the costume.

4: A 4ft banner on top to make the dreadnought 12ft high, this should give good size to my kids playing the space marines.

5: It will be 2 metres wide and 1 metre deep.

This has already been started, photos Below.

This will be updated as I get more info on the carnivals that the Dreadnought will enter weather permiting.

Confirmed Carnivals so far more to be added:

South brent Saturday 29th June 2013
Newton Abott Saturday 13th July 2013
Dawlish 16th August 2013
Bridgwater 2nd November 2103

other carnivals that have not confirmed dates that We will enter.

Ottery st Mary
Honiton
Topsham
Colyton
Seaton
Sidmouth

Last year I was a demon and here is a link to the video I made.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival story and setup

The dreadnought is in command of the marines in the carnival as they have been fighting for some time and have lost alot of men.
So A rag tag bunch are left fighting there way back to the drop point and killing all that stands in there way.The crowd will sometimes act as the enemy,
even though they dont know it untill they are faced with it.

Full list of Dreadnought speech/lines/effects that it can say or do so far are as follows:

Judging before the carnival

Introduction talk.

This lays down the basic 40k space Marine background as the judges may not know about wahammer 40,000
and gives more impact, scope and points aiding a 1st place.

Assault Cannon and missile laungher firing effects to date.
S
1: Assault cannon long burst sound effect
2: Assault cannon med Burst sound effect
3: Assault cannon Short burst with reloading sounds.
4: Missile launcher one rocket firing with loud explosion effects
5: multi rockets firing effects
6: one long rocket noise shooting distant target effect.

Quotes then Firing effect after.
These are quick quotes then shoot at the crowd, giving quick fire fun.
QS
1: Purge the unclean, Leave none standing.
2: Fall before the emporers chosen.
3: Saver your last breath as you fall before my fury.
4: Eat Titanium!!!

Longer crowd interaction Quotes with firing.
G

1: Hostile forces sighted,ingadgeing the enemy, they shall feel the emporers will. shoot weapons
2: Sensors detect hostile forces, heresy will not go unpunished, proceed with extreme measures, Assault cannon activated. Shoot.
3: Multiple enemy infantry detected, extreme measures authorised, assault cannon online. Shoot
4: Hostile ork Horde spotted, bring Assault cannon online, eat titanium, greenskins. Shoot.
5: Enemy tank spotted, they shall feel my fury, bring missile lauchers online, Fire rockets.

After firing speech

1: Targets eliminated, roger that command! moving to sector 410, dreadnought out.

General Quotes with no firing effects

1: All hail the emperor!!!
2: Even in death I still serve.
3: We are steel, we are doom, we are more than mortal, we are! the ultra marines the adeptus astates of the 41st millenium. We have... No fear.
4: while I stand and draw breath, The emporers will shall be done.
5: I send chaos back to the warp, and bring truth and justice to this planet.
6: There is no dishonor in trembling in fear at the sight of the likes of me.
7: Breathing, this is the dreadnought breathing without speech.

Crowd and float control

1: For health and safety reasons, please keep to a mininum safe distance, ultramarines dreadnought out.
2: For health and safety reasons, please stand clear of the dreadnought.
3: Please give generously, it is the emporers will.
Interaction Commands to the space marines from the dreadnought.
I
1: Space marines,Advance on the enemy, take out those positions. It is the emporers will. All hail the emporer!!
2: Incoming hostile forces detected Space marines, Adapted defensive positions. Stand clear of forward weaponry.
3: Space marines, reateat to my position, we shall hold the heretics here.
4: Space marines, follow me I shall lead you to victory.
5: Space marines! assault with me into the breach, we shall have victory this day. show heresy and chaos no mercy. CHARGE..!!!!!

That is the list so far, it will grow a bit more to give the dreadnought more scope and life. Any input welcomed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The five costumes I have to make are below,just click the picture to make it bigger.I have until June to make all five.
The picture is the closest I could find to give you an idea of what is instore. The space marines will not have helmets.
The tech preist may have an bionic eye of some kind and a white robe a bit like the one in the photo.

The dreadnought and the tech priest will enter the carnival as walking pairs. the three kids in there class.

If any one is interested in Joining any of the carnivals listed above, You need a costume you made yourself and get an entry from nearer the time.
If you have not seen bridgwater carnival, its a sight to behold and to enter it is even better.
For now we have to prepare, lots of fun to come.

Plugg

Space Marine Dreadnought

Standing three times the height of a man, these towering war machines bare powerful weapons and are as lethal at range as in close assault. A chapter's Dreadnoughts are treasured relics, only awoken in great need. Encased inside every Dreadnought, lies a mighty space marine hero, who has suffered grievous wounds in battle, saved only by his interment.

The Hellfire Dreadnought replaces the standard Dreadnought Powerfist with a Missile Launcher, trading its close combat ability for long-range, anti-vehicle firepower. The advantage of the Dreadnought's Missile Launcher over its Space Marine equivalent is that it is capable of moving at full speed whilst still laying down a barrage of missiles. Hellfire Dreadnoughts are usually referred to as Fire Support Dreadnoughts. The Hellfire Dreadnought's Missile Launcher carries up to 8 Krak Missiles that are capable of causing severe damage to enemy vehicles, and unlike the Missile Launchers carried by Space Marine infantry, the Dreadnought is fully capable of firing accurately whilst moving. The Hellfire Dreadnought can use any weapon in the Astartes Armoury other than a Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon or another Missile Launcher as its other weapon arm. A Dreadnought using either of those two configurations will be classified as either a standard Mars Pattern Dreadnought or a Mortis Dreadnought, respectively.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whilst we stand, we fight. Whilst we fight, we prevail. Nothing shall stay our wrath."

óMarneus Calgar, Master of the Ultramarines

The Ultramarines are considered one of the strongest and most honoured of all the Space Marine Chapters in the Imperium of Man, and were responsible for almost single-handedly holding the Imperium together after the Horus Heresy. Highly disciplined and courageous warriors, the Ultramarines have remained true to the teachings of their Primarch Roboute Guilliman for 10,000 standard years. The Ultramarines were originally the XIII Space Marine Legion before the reforms that initiated the Second Founding and reshaped the Imperium after the Heresy on the orders of Guilliman himself.

The name "Ultramarines" is a nod to both the Chapter's standing amongst the other Space Marine Chapters and their role as the source for the gene-seed of more Chapters of Astartes than any of the other former First Founding Legions combined. The culture of the Ultramarines is loosely themed upon the culture of Old Earth's ancient Roman Empire, as exemplified in their Astartes' pseudo-Latin names and their strict adherence to the Codex Astartes, as well as the society of their homeworld of Macragge and the Chapter's method of recruitment. The Ultramarines directly rule the sector of space in the Eastern Fringe known as Ultramar as a fief of the Imperium and their Chapter Master is also considered the Lord of Macragge and the Master of Ultramar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and one of the kids last year in carnival

This is the picture of the plan for the carnival 2013 season

This is what it is like in a carnival, I am the demon in the middle of the picture.

Here is a video I made to explain the project in a bit more detail so you understand better about it. Here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2xQ7R86x4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(12).jpg (256.5 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-28-12, 11:45 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Not sure if this really belongs in the fluff section, but on the one portion of this which has fluff in it:

Quote:
The name "Ultramarines" is a nod to both the Chapter's standing amongst the other Space Marine Chapters and their role as the source for the gene-seed of more Chapters of Astartes than any of the other former First Founding Legions combined.
Wrong. They're called Ultramarines because they hail from Ultramar. Where did you pick that line up about their name being ultra because they are implied to be above all the other chapters. Please tell me that's not in a codex by Ward. But again, not the case, they were called Ultramarines when the were a Legion, when there were no chapters(not 40k chapters anyway) and where the other Astartes were Legions as well, none above the rest.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-28-12, 01:48 PM