40k Dreadnought, tech priest and 3 spacemarine costume build 2013 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-12, 12:35 PM

Very interested to see the results from this one, Plugg! All the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-12, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 30/12/12

Started to put the black undercoat on today and also I have started on the missile launcher weapon sponson.

The top of the dreadnought is not done yet because I have to leave space for the people who are helping
me install the lights. I have to base coat black and then the blue so all the spraying is done before doing the lights.
It has to be done in order as we do not want to spray over the lights. Then dry brushing and highlighting the angles.
I do not wish the dreadnought to be totally blus as it will be to boring so elected to add some gold, like the eagles
and the exhausts. Thinking of painting it like a figure like you see in games workshop.

I have not fully coated it in one go because it will run if I put on to much at once.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 30/12/12

I have now got the Missile launcher heavy weapon for Daisy,one of the children.

Missile launcher for one of the kids. Adaption will be done to make it look more 40k like.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-31-12, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 31/12/12

I went into town today and got four cans for 3.60 each, normally they are 8-9 a can. As we all know spray paints are not cheap, I have got to spray the big dreadnought and 3 marine costumes.
So I have to keep the cost down. The colour I got below is maybe a bit dark as you can see, but will have to do as they do not do the correct colour. I will dry brush the costumes with a lighter blue
to give it some depth and some highlighting. If the colour is two dark it will be harder for people to see it in the carnival, so have to compromise between the correct ultramaine colour and what
works in a carnival.
Now the man in the games workshop gave his opinon on the colour of lights I need to use on my costume. I thought blue lights, but he said I should use yellow or red for ultramarines as I
already have the blue covered with the spray paint so I will take his advice.
Today I put some more black undercoat on the dreadnought and did some more work on the sponsons (weapon arms).
Base spray paint colour for dread and three marines
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-31-12, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 31/12/12

Now the back of the Dreadnought and the leg needs to be done.I like the back of this dreadnought in the pic below.
I will see what I can do to build it into my costume. I have some ideas, it will be interesting.

Rear design. see what we can do.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 1/1/13

Happy New Year all followers.

Six months and 28 days till my first carnival, South Brent on sat June 29th. I am on schedule to finish the 5 costumes on time at the moment : )..
I have not let the girlfriend see the build as I would like her to get the wow factor when I am done. There is a chap who has done the carnivals for many years
and has won everything and I am out to win this year, with this costume. My girlfriend does not think I can knock him off the top spot and get 1st place on most
of the carnivals we enter. I am hoping to do about 21 carnivals south devon and east devon and prove her wrong.

I have done some more work this morning, and here is the updated pictures for you.

Bolts holes have been added for the lights.

More work has been done to the back. Undercoating now in black.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Update 1/1/13

This evening I had a go at designing the legs for the dreadnought, so here it is.

I am not a artist, but you get the idea.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Default Update 2/1/13

I had a go at designing the front view this morning before work. Any other ideas welcome.
Yes.. back to work oh joy.
An idea for the front of the legs.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Cosplay, L.A.R.P & Re-Enactment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode