Chaos Combi-Flamer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Default Chaos Combi-Flamer

Combi-weapons seem to be one of those miscellaneous items that everyone tries to make their own way. I see nothing wrong with that. To encourage the effort, I submit my method for converting a Combi-flamer. The interesting thing about this method is you don't need to sacrifice a bolter to accomplish it. Though you do need a bolter ammo supply of some form. In this tutorial I use a belt feed because I like the look better then a clip.

What you will need:
  • Flamer
  • Bolter Clip (or Belt Feed)
  • Hobby Knife
  • Hobby File
  • Pin Vice Drill
  • Plastic Glue

Got your materials and tools? Good. Lets get to work.

Step 1:
The first thing you need to do is cut up the Flamer. You will be making two cuts in this step, one directly behind the flamer muzzle and the other immediately forward of the main body. This will remove the tubing between the body and the muzzle. I would recommend NOT filing down the cut edges on the back of the muzzle yet. However, you can file down the cut end of the main body.

Step 2:
Got it cut out? Good. Now take the muzzle head and cut out the igniter assembly on the bottom.

Step 3:
Once you have the igniter cut off you can drill out the barrel. At the very least I recommend drilling out the lower barrel of the muzzle for the Bolter itself, though I prefer to drill out both barrels. This is why I suggested not filing down the cut end of the muzzle before. If you look at it, you'll see a slightly raised portion where the tubes were connected before you cut it. If you drill straight through the centre of those circles you'll come out right in the middle of each barrel in the muzzle.

Step 4:
Now we're done with the muzzle but we still need to do one modification to the main body of the Flamer. Cut off the fuel canister as shown.

Step 5:

Glue the Bolter clip/belt feed to the bottom of the Flamer body where the canister was. Then glue the muzzle to the front of the body. There you are. A brand new Combi-Flamer.

As an aside, I'm considering using the discarded ignite assembly in a crude power claw conversion. I'll post if I complete it.

Be Sure to follow me on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 12:40 AM

Great idea, but keep in mind that the combi-flamer, you still need to be able to fire the bolter. You should try to find some way to incorporate a barrel to show that.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 01:28 AM

ThoseKrazyKasrkin's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOsmiumAngel View Post
Great idea, but keep in mind that the combi-flamer, you still need to be able to fire the bolter. You should try to find some way to incorporate a barrel to show that.
'

I think its assumed the barrel is running through the hand grip.

As for the conversion, i like it very much.
I dont play chaos but that would work on loyalis flamers too.

Edit: Wait, what? oh god this threads kinda old

'Luck is the residue of design.' - John Milton

'Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.' - Luís de Camões

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 04:13 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

It might be old but it is still a good idea. I might have to use a bit if a variation on this.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Tutorials > Converting, Modelling and Green Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode