Building A Quad Attack Bike - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-14, 10:07 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher871 View Post
You do know there is a stickied index at the very top of the page on each and every one of these sub-sections that I keep up to date right? (especially as I spent a hell of a long time making them ).

Take a look here and scroll down to the 'Bikes' section under "Bikes, Flyers, Vehicles and Walkers".

I put these in as an aid to helping people find what they are after quickly but not many people seem to realise they are there.
Sorry Cypher - i wasn't aware i'm afraid

I usually direct people to the tutorials section but mainly for painting, that is an awesome resource though. i'll be having a good look through later

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-14, 07:07 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Cool, spread the word my good man the more people who realise they are there the easier time they will have looking for a tute. I did ask Jez way back to have an announcement put on the front page (when we had it) but he had a lot on his plate at the time so I guess it just got overlooked.

I did put an announcement about it in the Forum Announcements thread but it needs to be stickied.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-14, 09:02 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepelt View Post
It works both ways with the "Height Advantage" issue. True that the heavy weapon has a better line of sight but it also means that it is easier to target as it doesn't benefit so much from covers.
With cover being a mere 25% obscured, I would wager that the door doesn't swing both ways on this. For example your gun may shoot over top of a friendly unit, but when someone shoots back at you from ground level that unit would almost for sure have their LoS obscured by the same unit that you shot over top.

That being said, sounds like a marvelous solution to the issue that you came up with! It heartens me to hear of simple compromises instead of silly arguments.

BACK to the model though...I bet the gunner marine is glad his boots have magnets in them. Very devil may care/trust in your armour of the dude up top

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-14, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

Have been told countless times by the kids that the rider needs his helmet or he would go deaf from the heavy bolter or have his hair burnt from the multi-melta! But hey, we're wolfies and bad-ass so we don't notice any of that, right? lol

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Tutorials > Converting, Modelling and Green Stuff

Tags
attack , bike , bikes , quad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode