Most Dangerous Khorne DP of all time? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

overlordsson's Flag is: USA

Default Most Dangerous Khorne DP of all time?

I keep coming across the question of, What is the most dangerous or fearsome Daemon Prince out of Chaos Space Marines and Khorne Daemonkin?

Now right away people might say Bloodthirtster from Khorne Daemonkin.
It is the most fear unit at my local Wargaming store. But is there something worse than that? Now for this discussion I am not allowing Be'Lakor, a DP from another God, or anything from the Chaos Daemon Codex.
So I'm just going to jump right into it!

First up is 1 of my favorites and that's the Prince of Khorne from the CSM Codex.
He's got you basic DP stat line. For wargear I give him a Wings and Power armour with the Axe of Blind Fury.
His WS is dropped to 8 but on the charge he becomes S9 with 8-13 attacks AP2. He's going to kill something. and this clocks in at 255 points, which is the base of the Cheapest Bloodthirster (250pts).
I'd rather choose this DP over the Bloodthirster of unfettered fury.

Now the DP from the Khorne Daemonkin Codex.
Same stat line as the others.
Give him wings, and power armour. Now for his weapon you can give him Goredrinker that grants him instant death and S10 if his kills 8+ models the game with added benefits or Kor'lath, the axe of ruin, turning him into a bloodthrister when he dies. I'd personal take the Goredrinker. With all that he is S7-10 with 8 attacks AP2. Tallies up to 250. Now it is just as expensive as the cheapest Bloodthirster but I still feel the DP is better.

Not going to go over the Bloodthirsters, they don't have any options besides taking the Bloodthirster that fits your play style of the mission.

So it mainly focuses on the DP's, I think they're more dangerous and stronger in combat given all there wargear, But I feel the Bloodthirsters are more durable and survivable. They get a big boost to WS and BS, +1 to T W I and A.

So I my opinion I'd choose the DP, they're underestimated which gives them a small advantage, and the Thirsters are overestimated to where, that's your opponent's first target

Last edited by overlordsson; 06-24-15 at 01:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 02:55 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Why not take one of each, one CSM daemon prince and one daemonkin prince?

Also it depends on who your enemy is. If your enemy is low toughness or a horde army the black mace is incredibly scary. Don't forget that in the hands of a daemon prince the black mace is AP 2 and therefore it is exceedingly likely the black mace will cause one or more an unsaved wounds. In addition it is also fleshbane so it wounds everything on a 2+.

. . . Strangely, the black mace can conceivably still trigger wounds on surrounding models if it rebels and causes the daemon prince a wound. All it needs to do is cause 1 wound.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 09:19 AM

Kor'lath, the axe of ruin can't be taken by a daemon prince. Those little numbers i think say it is chaos lord only. The reason you see that weird combo where the lord turns in to a prince and summons a thirster then the prince dies and summons another is because if you warlord turns in to a prince he keeps the wargear.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-16, 12:03 AM

flying nurgle daemon price with black mace is evil as hell with a 2+jink

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode