Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 11:59 AM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

how are you guys building your juggerlords? I was excited about the blood armor but since you can only have one artifact i think goredrinker is the better way to go since you are already T5. Swinging the axe of khorne at user strength just seems a little lackluster on a lord.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 01:13 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
The Interceptor rule

That little word 'any' could allow you to shoot your own stuff.
Nothing explicitly allows you to shoot at your models. It's by ignoring a previous rule which is not called out as being ignored. It's the whole Deep Striking Assault Transport thing; an assault transport lets you Assault from within a Transport, but Deep Striking still prevents you from doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
Lord of Slaughter formation allows 3, It says "1 Bloodthister of Unfetted Fury, 1 Bloodthister of Insenate Rage, 1 Wrath of Khorne Bloodthister or 1 Khorne Lord of skulls"
No. This is listing. If if meant you could take one of each Bloodthirster, it would say "1 BT of UF, 1 of BT of IR and 1 WoK BT, or 1 KLoS". Listing in that manner is "Or".

If you want to Spam BT, pick up

1 Slaughtercult = 1 BT of UF, 2x Min units of CSM, 1x Min Unit of Possessed
+1 Lord of Slaughter, BT

Rinse and repeat until your target points level

Alternatively, stop beating about the bush by "min maxing" and just play Unbound with a Half Dozen Bloodthirsters. It amuses me how people think they're so much more "legit" by playing Battleforged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
i saw this over on dakka regarding the wording around summoned bloodthirsters...thoughts?
RAW "In the Movement phase during which they arrive, Deep Striking units may not move any
further, other than to disembark from a Deep Striking Transport vehicle if they are in one.", allows the Bloodthirster to bypass that requirement, and can change into movement mode. Bolding mine, obviously. And as typical, BoLShit managed to get the reasoning wrong.

But at the same time, why require it comes in Swooping when you can just as easily state choose whether glide or swooping?

RAW legal, however. Good luck getting it allowed in a strict comp with judges who like to play relatively fair and often go with RACSD on oversights such as this. And don't be a cunt and play it in a friendly game due to dodgy rules interactions without warning your opponent beforehand.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #83 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
RAW "In the Movement phase during which they arrive, Deep Striking units may not move any
further, other than to disembark from a Deep Striking Transport vehicle if they are in one.", allows the Bloodthirster to bypass that requirement, and can change into movement mode. Bolding mine, obviously. And as typical, BoLShit managed to get the reasoning wrong.

But at the same time, why require it comes in Swooping when you can just as easily state choose whether glide or swooping?

RAW legal, however. Good luck getting it allowed in a strict comp with judges who like to play relatively fair and often go with RACSD on oversights such as this. And don't be a cunt and play it in a friendly game due to dodgy rules interactions without warning your opponent beforehand.
Not sure which side of the fence you are falling on this one.

Basically as I said in previous posts, it seems that it does come on before movement phase, so isn't then restricted to the no movement thing. This allows it to change flight mode.
You can not just elect to start in Gliding as the rules clearly say that FMC that deep stike must start in Swooping. I think the case being made for having to then elect to change flight mode is then they can not then charge on that same turn that they transition.

Though going on to a side issue related to the same thing...
Remember a few days or maybe a week ago there was discussion about deep striking flyers. Someone said they would instantly crash because they would deep strike and thus not be able to move the minimum distance that it requires to "Zoom".
This I guess goes parallel with the FMC being summoned in Swooping, as they MUST move 12-24" and how can it do that if it is prevented from moving because of deepstrike, and thus broke the rules by being deployed and then not moving (though it fails to say the penalty for not moving, just that they must).
Circular arguments are circular I know, but this brings it way back to the idea I had about those old chaos drop pods that were hover skimmers who must be counted as moving so as a skimmer could avoid a load of mishaps.

post #84 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Nothing explicitly allows you to shoot at your models. It's by ignoring a previous rule which is not called out as being ignored. It's the whole Deep Striking Assault Transport thing; an assault transport lets you Assault from within a Transport, but Deep Striking still prevents you from doing so.

No. This is listing. If if meant you could take one of each Bloodthirster, it would say "1 BT of UF, 1 of BT of IR and 1 WoK BT, or 1 KLoS". Listing in that manner is "Or".

If you want to Spam BT, pick up

1 Slaughtercult = 1 BT of UF, 2x Min units of CSM, 1x Min Unit of Possessed
+1 Lord of Slaughter, BT

Rinse and repeat until your target points level

Alternatively, stop beating about the bush by "min maxing" and just play Unbound with a Half Dozen Bloodthirsters. It amuses me how people think they're so much more "legit" by playing Battleforged.

woah, pump the brakes there champ. I was just curious what everyone thought...its been discussed to death at this point.
post #85 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 03:47 PM
Vaz

Sorry 'champ' didn't realise my opinion wasn't included with 'everyone'.

Hardly doscussed to death, either.
@mayegelt ; is it really not that obvious? RAW legal, but unintentionally so coming from GW's lack of understandingnof their own rules, so uninentionally so.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #86 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Of course it depends on the eventual (if we get one) answer, but I don't think it would be unfair for 'thirsters to be able to charge a turn sooner. I'm not sure Fearless is really a great trade-off for Daemonic Instability AND losing gifts, so perhaps it was intended but not plainly stated. I still feel it's unlikely, though.

But Vaz is right, you gotta talk about it before the game begins to see what your opponent thinks about the issue. RAW is one thing, but if you're playing against your friends and you try to pull out what they perceive to be some hidden cheese you may end up spending an hour arguing instead of playing.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #87 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
But Vaz is right, you gotta talk about it before the game begins to see what your opponent thinks about the issue. RAW is one thing, but if you're playing against your friends and you try to pull out what they perceive to be some hidden cheese you may end up spending an hour arguing instead of playing.
I figured that was the standard practice when playing? Maybe just in my gaming group since we're all old friends.
post #88 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry 'champ' didn't realise my opinion wasn't included with 'everyone'.

Hardly doscussed to death, either.
@mayegelt ; is it really not that obvious? RAW legal, but unintentionally so coming from GW's lack of understandingnof their own rules, so uninentionally so.
Of course your opinion is included, i was only talking about the cunt bit that i bolded, I should have just quoted that piece.
post #89 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I figured that was the standard practice when playing? Maybe just in my gaming group since we're all old friends.
Maybe just. There are plenty of people who try to pull a fast one to get an advantage, even in a silly game of toy soldiers.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #90 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 04:41 PM
Vaz

Quote:
Of course your opinion is included, i was only talking about the cunt bit that i bolded, I should have just quoted that piece.

ANd that was was my opinion of people who try and game a system by being reliant on peoples ignorance to win games. If I was being a dick in return I'd force a roll off to see whose reading was 'correct'.

Bit in regards to calling people 'names'. Eh. I'm Vaz, I call a Spade a spade. Nice to meet you. There are a lot of worse things to happen to you than some random scouser swearing on the internet.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode