Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 03:45 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
The real issue with MSU-spam lists I see here is that they give up a whole kill points or Scouring FA points--restraint may well be the order of the day, making more balanced lists focused on killing rather than dying (albeit still with interchangeable, multiply redundant units who can flexibly target a number of different units, ideally). You don't want to lose 1/3 of your Eternal War missions (or half the missions in a lot of the competitive tournament scene, which typically split VPs between two such categories) during the list-building phase alone.
Indeed, I spend most my time thinking about Maelstrom of war Lists, as its what i play at my local store (and when I think Comp, its the LVO setting which does encourage MSU currently)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 04:17 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
Indeed, I spend most my time thinking about Maelstrom of war Lists, as its what i play at my local store (and when I think Comp, its the LVO setting which does encourage MSU currently)
My conversation usually goes "Maelstrom or Eternal War? I have the cards--ah, you don't? All right, it's too much of a hassle to roll the objectives on dice, so let's play an Eternal War mission."

I figure if I get the Daemonkin datacards, then I'll be able to hand off my extra deck of objective cards on temporary loan to get Maelstrom games in more than a quarter of the time...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #63 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 04:23 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I figure if I get the Daemonkin datacards, then I'll be able to hand off my extra deck of objective cards on temporary loan to get Maelstrom games in more than a quarter of the time...
Thats about the basics of my plan.

But I also have two decks of cards already, its my preferred game type and having a spare deck makes sure I get to play it!

post #64 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Fair enough, @Vaz .

To use the rulebook instead of an awkwardly phrased question,

From page 30, in the Shooting Phase section, under the heading Choose a Target:

Quote:
Once you have chosen the unit that you want to shoot with, choose a single enemy unit for them to shoot at.
Firing with Interceptor is still making a shooting attack, after all.
The Interceptor rule
Quote:
a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from Reserve within its range and line of sight.
That little word 'any' could allow you to shoot your own stuff.

As i said before though it would be really really dodgy to do so and likely would not be to your advantage. Everyone in a miles radius would also get some kind of spidie sence that you are 'That Guy' though even if they dont play the game and had never met you.

Though this did get me wondering about trying to make sure if you summon him close to an enemy unit and hope for a scatter to hit him. So you could down him in your own turn.
Or if you have the new seige of vraks stuff that allows you to target friendlies with some ordnance barrarge weapons...

Again though in each case he is probably gunna die as he would have no jink and only t6 and 4 wounds max if you downed him.

I did also wonder if you are allowed to elect to fail the test that keeps him in the air. I am pretty sure you can elect to fail morale tests, but i dont know if that is the only one.

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-31-15 at 08:30 AM.
post #65 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
hmm hope this is fixed! Well I think I will build my army to the list i earlier came up with, 3 Blood letters on the table at once is scary
Please refer to them as Bloodthirsters and not Bloodletters your referring to the strongest Khorne daemon with the weakest Khorne Daemon

Another note the Formation only allows you to take 1 Bloodthirster not 3.
Interesting note per Slaughtercult as well.

Last edited by Nilmur; 03-31-15 at 01:36 PM.
post #66 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 09:12 AM

Um I've just really read the artifacts section and it says
A model may take one of the following:
Brazen Rune, Skull-helm, Armour

A model may instead replace one weapon with one of the following:
Goredrinker, Bloodshed, Kor'lath.

RAW does that mean you can only take 1 Artefact, 2 if you decide to take weapons but you would never put 2 melee weapons on a character.
post #67 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 12:41 PM

KnockOut51's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilmur View Post
Please refer to them as Bloodthirsters and not Bloodletters your referring to the strongest Khorne daemon with the weakest Khorne Daemon

Another note the Formation only allows you to take 1 Bloodthirster not 3.
Lord of Slaughter formation allows 3, It says "1 Bloodthister of Unfetted Fury, 1 Bloodthister of Insenate Rage, 1 Wrath of Khorne Bloodthister or 1 Khorne Lord of skulls"
post #68 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
The Interceptor rule

That little word 'any' could allow you to shoot your own stuff.

As i said before though it would be really really dodgy to do so and likely would not be to your advantage. Everyone in a miles radius would also get some kind of spidie sence that you are 'That Guy' though even if they dont play the game and had never met you.

Though this did get me wondering about trying to make sure if you summon him close to an enemy unit and hope for a scatter to hit him. So you could down him in your own turn.
Or if you have the new seige of vraks stuff that allows you to target friendlies with some ordnance barrarge weapons...

Again though in each case he is probably gunna die as he would have no jink and only t6 and 4 wounds max if you downed him.

I did also wonder if you are allowed to elect to fail the test that keeps him in the air. I am pretty sure you can elect to fail morale tests, but i dont know if that is the only one.
I dunno, I still don't see how you'd get around using the rules for Interceptor AND shooting at a target, because you're still making a shooting attack. Standing on some ridiculously shaky ground, right there . Pretty ridiculous that we should even have to resort to nonsense like this to make use of our summoned Bloodthirsters, but what can we do at this point?

Bloodthirster + Be'lakor, really the only way I want to try to use them. Or Bloodthirster + 3 Daemon Princes.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #69 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
Lord of Slaughter formation allows 3, It says "1 Bloodthister of Unfetted Fury, 1 Bloodthister of Insenate Rage, 1 Wrath of Khorne Bloodthister or 1 Khorne Lord of skulls"
It allows you to choose among 3, but you are limited to 0-1 per Slaughtercult.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #70 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 02:58 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

i saw this over on dakka regarding the wording around summoned bloodthirsters...thoughts?

Quote:
Bloodthirsters are summoned via Blood Tithe at the beginning of your turn. It doesn't say Movement Phase, it says Your Turn which is a very different thing from Movement Phase. Normal Deep Striking units happen at the start of the Movement Phase. Bloodthirsters are summoned before the start of your Movement Phase.

In the Movement Phase during which they arrive, Deep Striking units may not move any further, other than to disembark from a Deep Striking Transport vehicle if they are in one.

Did the Bloodthirster arrive in the Movement Phase?

No. It explicitly says it arrives before the Movement Phase.

Therefore the Deep Strike quote above is irrelevant to the issue, as it only applies to those units that arrive in the Movement Phase.

In fact, the quote only says that those that arrived in the Movement Phase cannot move any further. So the summoned Bloodthirster can not only change flight modes, but can also move normally. However they cannot charge still.

Sequence of events:

1) Bloodthirster is summoned at the Start of Your Turn and is counted at Swooping.

2) Movement Phase begins. You must declare the flight mode as the rules tell you. You can choose to change flight modes now.

That simple. The rule says nothing about Reserves, and the inclusion of the Movement Phase specifically in the Deep Strike rule makes it largely irrelevant to the Bloodthirster summoning.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode