Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 07:18 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not a 20pt Champion though is it? It's the hundreds of points spent on units you're intending to suicide; and not even suiciding with any particular purpose outside of BP generation Each point is just too expensive to generate a point. In fact, you're gimping your army even more by taking them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 07:35 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Thoughts on this?

Fisti-claw terminator lord with a 4man terminator retinue
8 Possessed, CSM, and Berzerkes to complete the cult formation
2 Units of Bloodcrushers to complete the onslaught formation

Pretty straight forward game plane of rushing everything up the board except maybe the CSM then DSing the termie ball. Would be just over 1000pts

Picking up the bloodcrushers to form the brazen onslaught would be easier on my wallet than building a gore pack right away since i have neither bikes nor hounds. A second wave purchase of the gore pack plus the juggerlord i already have would supplement this list pretty well i think.

Though i could also use the jugger lord with the bloodcrushers instead of the termie lord, quite a few more points though.
post #53 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 07:58 PM

The flying summons though are just hell of a lot worse than the non flying ones if summoned.
Something odd did occur to me. And this is something from the beardy playbook.

Quote:
INTERCEPTOR
At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from Reserve within its range and line of sight. If this rule is used, the weapon cannot be fired in the next turn, but the firing model can shoot a different weapon if it has one.
This rule here doesnt say you cant fire at friendly models or that the model has to have arrived on this turns reserve.
So you could technically shoot your own bloodthirster down on your opponents turn... though this would be really dodgy, and you would likely have to make sure you had a good crash site that he wouldnt be blown to bits at as he cant jink once he crashes.
Gooooo RAI vs RAW!

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-30-15 at 08:01 PM.

post #54 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Is there nothing in the BRB that says you can't shoot at friendly units?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #55 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 08:30 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wrong way of asking, venomlust. It's a permissive rules set.

Where do the rules let you shoot your own models? All I can see is "it doesn't say you can't", which it doesn't tell me that my marines can't shoot Assault 10 Destroyer Weapons from their eyeballs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #56 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Fair enough, @Vaz .

To use the rulebook instead of an awkwardly phrased question,

From page 30, in the Shooting Phase section, under the heading Choose a Target:

Quote:
Once you have chosen the unit that you want to shoot with, choose a single enemy unit for them to shoot at.
Firing with Interceptor is still making a shooting attack, after all.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-30-15 at 09:10 PM.
post #57 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 09:56 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's not a 20pt Champion though is it? It's the hundreds of points spent on units you're intending to suicide; and not even suiciding with any particular purpose outside of BP generation Each point is just too expensive to generate a point. In fact, you're gimping your army even more by taking them.
Oh, I know. That "Weakspam Sacrificial List" I posted is mostly a proof-of-concept that I would play while testing the boundaries of the mechanics enabled by the book rather than a serious and competitive army; on-paper analysis is all well and good, but seeing how it performs on table is still an important factor, to my eyes.

I want to get a sense for how well the mechanic of "unit losses give some potential bonus" behaves more than "try to rush to 8 Blood points for a Bloodthirster." For all I know, it might end up being a potent list that aims for board control, mass tarpitting of the enemy army, objective and blood point scoring, and constant universal Feel No Pain, or something. I'm going to field combinations that I know aren't optimal while trying to figure out unusual combinations that perform well--isn't that how the player with 6 Lictors, 3 Mawlocs, and 3 Flyrants won the LVO (against a player with about 56 Scouts and some Devastators in the finals)?

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #58 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 01:32 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I want to get a sense for how well the mechanic of "unit losses give some potential bonus" behaves more than "try to rush to 8 Blood points for a Bloodthirster."
I think the trick is not for the Bloodthirster, but for the smaller payouts. To make the opponent become wary of wiping out units..

I had been thinking about the CAD- Cultist plan. 6 small squads can grab objectives and ern victory points.. Cheaply leaving the rest of the army to try and table the opponent. They then have the choice of dealing with the Cultists.. (which gives you Blood Points, which can give you reinforcements) Or concentrate on your 'death-stars' which will let your Cultists win you the game!

post #59 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 03:25 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Having b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
I think the trick is not for the Bloodthirster, but for the smaller payouts. To make the opponent become wary of wiping out units..

I had been thinking about the CAD- Cultist plan. 6 small squads can grab objectives and ern victory points.. Cheaply leaving the rest of the army to try and table the opponent. They then have the choice of dealing with the Cultists.. (which gives you Blood Points, which can give you reinforcements) Or concentrate on your 'death-stars' which will let your Cultists win you the game!
FNP every other turn (at worst--you may have the sustained combats against squishy targets on later turns to get it every turn) is a helluva drug. Getting, say, Furious Charge and Rage on those minis in the Slaughter Cult who don't have both (which is to say, everyone except the Possessed) to boot for free also sounds quite nice.

The real issue with MSU-spam lists I see here is that they give up a whole kill points or Scouring FA points--restraint may well be the order of the day, making more balanced lists focused on killing rather than dying (albeit still with interchangeable, multiply redundant units who can flexibly target a number of different units, ideally). You don't want to lose 1/3 of your Eternal War missions (or half the missions in a lot of the competitive tournament scene, which typically split VPs between two such categories) during the list-building phase alone.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #60 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 03:28 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

and winning the game with cultists are just.... really satisfying in some way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode