Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 02:55 PM

We can only hope GW can make a FAQ that says something like. "Flying monsterous creatures do not have to start in swooping mode when they are summoned via a spell or tithe from deepstrike."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 03:46 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Wondering how well a Blood Host that consists of a Slaughter Cult and a Gorepack (for the minimum 1-8 aux choices), for the Blood Tithe, plus a CAD of 6 cultist squads, would fly. Add in 5 solo spawn as distraction/blood tithe earners... an entirely sacrificial army bent on tying up the enemy army in cc while dying in droves, summoning in replacements, and earning any objectives they are called upon to handle. Would do better in Maelstrom than in Eternal War, if only on account of the risk of rolling the Scouring or Purge the Alien--that's a lot of flimsy Fast Attack and kill points...

1750 WEAKSPAM SACRIFICIAL LIST

Blood Host

Slaughter Cult

Lord w/ Axe of Ruin, meltabombs

8 Bloodletters
8 Bloodletters

5 Possessed w/ Rhino

1 Spawn
1 Spawn

8 Cultists
8 Cultists

Gorepack

3 Bikers w/ 2x melta
3 Bikers w/ 2x melta
3 Bikers w/ 2x melta
3 Bikers w/ 2x melta
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

K:DK CAD

Herald of Khorne

8 Cultists
8 Cultists
8 Cultists
8 Cultists

1 Spawn
1 Spawn
1 Spawn

If forced to go up to 1850, I imagine I'd take the Cultist squads up to 6 in the CAD, bringing the total number of such squads up to a nice and holy 8. I'd like 8 already, but that would mean sacrificing some bikers/flesh hounds and a spawn/rhino, or something--same number of units for a less useful and mobile (and/or more expensive, in the case of the spawn or my lone rhino) unit. Thanks, I'm not dropping any of my 8 meltaguns...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-30-15 at 03:56 PM.
post #43 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 04:25 PM

KnockOut51's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Nope. Unfortunately, Flying Monstrous Creatures coming in from Deep Strike Reserve (and conjured/summoned units count as coming in from Deep Strike Reserve) must Swoop the turn they come into play. I assume it's to represent a Tyranid Harpy dive-bombing from flying way above the battlefield, and such, so it doesn't make much sense for a daemon ripping his way out of some champion, but... it's how the rules are written. Bloodthirsters nee to come on Swooping, so your first turn you can move them you need to change them to Gliding so you can move them next turn. Frustrating, but...
I feel like that may be FAQed since thats a very odd chian of events

post #44 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 04:34 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
I feel like that may be FAQed since thats a very odd chian of events
Well, it's been the case for summoned Bloodthirsters and Lords of Change since 7th dropped with Malefic Daemonology in, and we've yet to see an FAQ. Now that a lot of folks will be summoning Bloodthirsters very frequently, we may finally get one, but...

Damn it, I've suffered longer!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #45 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 04:54 PM

So couldn't you say that once its summoned that the moment hes on the table you can then say he is switching to gliding? also If he gets shot at he can be grounded, once that happens you are the able to assault once its your turn agian, correct?
post #46 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 05:04 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
So couldn't you say that once its summoned that the moment hes on the table you can then say he is switching to gliding? also If he gets shot at he can be grounded, once that happens you are the able to assault once its your turn agian, correct?
Nope, Deep Striking FMCs count as Swooping when they come in, and you can't move them (giving them the chance to switch from Swooping to Gliding) that turn. So yes, you actively hope that they take an unsaved wound so that they can fail a 3+ roll so they take a S9 AP2 hit...

All so that they can assault the turn they come in. That's an unsaved wound (and probably another from grounding), on top of the D3 wounds with only Invulns to save at the end of each of your turns, for that Axe-summoned BT.

Seriously? Seriously.

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #47 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 05:13 PM

hmm hope this is fixed! Well I think I will build my army to the list i earlier came up with, 3 Blood letters on the table at once is scary
post #48 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Not that anybody was really wondering about Karanak being in the webstore for KD, but:

Quote:
Hello Alex,

Thank you for writing in to us. Karanak is not present in the Khorne Daemonkin Codex; you are correct about that. The web listing Karanak amongst that army entry on the webstore appears to possibly be in error, and we have submitted a note about this to the Web Team to address.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and please let us know should you have any other questions.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #49 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 06:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm still not sure why people are trying to Spam out a Bloodthirster via Blood Points rather than just taking a Bloodthirster.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #50 of 226 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 07:08 PM

because turning a 20!?! point naked cultist champion into a 250 point bloodthirster is a hell of a deal?

of course, those of us "hoping' for an FAQ to change the flight modes of summoned creatures are probably wasting their breath.... this isn't a case of something being unclear, as the rules are actually very clear regarding this point. its just that we don't want it to work this way=(

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode