Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 19 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-21-15, 09:47 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
thing is, i can't fit 20 cultists in a transport so i don't think that's a fair comparison.
That's true! Is There no way with the Deamonkin book alone to outflank the blob or infiltrate it?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-21-15, 10:39 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
That's true! Is There no way with the Deamonkin book alone to outflank the blob or infiltrate it?
No Karanak, so no way to give Scout. Um... hope for a proper Warlord trait, but I think that's the only possible way to get one of those.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #183 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-26-15, 06:09 PM

Few tactic questions...
1) can you make a viable list without hounds.
2) I'm planning on using pure khorne daemons for my troops, should my jugger herald be auto include?
3) sticking to 1000 pts should I forego the soul grinder for something else?

Its been awhile since i've dusted off my khorne guys, and I am waiting to get the new daemonkin dex.

Cheers

post #184 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-27-15, 05:22 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
1) can you make a viable list without hounds.
2) I'm planning on using pure khorne daemons for my troops, should my jugger herald be auto include?
3) sticking to 1000 pts should I forego the soul grinder for something else?
1) Erm, if you stick with Soul Grinders and Maulerfiends, I guess.

A bit dismissive, but: Flesh Hounds make a good first wave that close into enemy faces real quick, and without that, you may struggle to close to the enemy fast enough to really threaten them: you're facing two uninterrupted enemy shooting phases at least, not one. Hounds also slot nicely into the "MSUspam" mechanic reinforced by Blood Tithe points. With their Scout moves, they also make a nice solid wall of dogflesh enemy assaulter units can't sneak through, I find. That said, they're not essential-just an excellent Fearless tarpit to tie up enemy shooters until the rest of your combatants arrive and pile in for their own assaulty bonuses (which won't be long with your bikers from the other half of the Gorepack).

As for alternatives to the Gorepack, I've been considering fleshing out the units I field to a larger, meatier degree, and running less of an MSU list and more of a melee crusher list. Might max out more of the Slaughter Cult choices too, for the added bonus Blood Tithe benefits: Juggerlord in Spawn, Rhino Rush wall blocking enemy assaulters/MCs/Knights before they get to your disembarked possessed/CSM, etc.

2)Juggerherald yes. Can stick it in Spawn or something, if you want a retinue that can keep up. If you're going pure daemon and no Flesh Hound, though... you may have some mobility issues. Or, well, Bloodcrushers-getting-IDed-for-only-being-T4 issues. Hey, at least grav sucks against Bloodcrushers!

3) If you're not going Flesh Hounds, I would embrace the Daemon Engine side of things. Soul Grinders, Maulerfiends, you name it.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #185 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-28-15, 06:16 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

i have been recently noodling adding a destroyer cult (necron formation) as an ally to my army. The destroyers are pretty bad ass and as jet pack infantry they would get that little scoot move in the assault phase so they could sort of keep up with the gore pack rush...and by keep up i mean not get totally left in the dust. At 470pts it would pump out some pretty nice dakka (18 BS4 24" S5 AP3 with re-rolls on failed wounds/penns) to cover my advancing assault units. For another 30pts i could upgrade 3 to heavies which would replace 6 of those shots with 3 36" S9 AP2 shots. Thoughts?
post #186 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-29-15, 01:40 PM

for you guys that have bought the Barghest Fiends, does the kit come with bases and do you have any pics of them? I see its a .eu site, do you know how long they take to ship to the US? The models definitely look very cool!

http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=259

post #187 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-29-15, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

No bases. I ordered 30 and it took about a month from the order date for them to arrive.

I like them, but there is a lot of resin to clean up. Mold lines and some that have the legs close together have solid resin connecting the legs. It isn't a huge deal but adds quite a bit of extra work to the assembly process.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #188 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 12:46 PM

Sooooooooo NEW STUFFS from a Warhammer World Exclusive book!

Gunna have my copy of the book soon (got now) but many pics from the interwebs showing off the shineys.

This gives us a bit more to talk about...

Lets start with the Fist of Khorne.
This is something great for all the Khorne Chaos players out there... In fact this is MASSIVE! Yeah this is also a costly unit at 650pts for the 20 guys and 1 pod. But the Kharbdis is a large model and could easily enough hit multiple vehicles when falling for that Strength D AP1 hit. This also doesn't seem to rule out the normal 3 +D3" from the hull blast of S6 AP5 with no cover and always hits weakest armour and counts as a flamer, AND it then has all those lovely storm launcher shots that are all independent of each other with Twin Linked, Heavy 2, S6, AP5 and Pinning. THEN those lovely Berserkers can charge on the turn then deep strike in! Strangely as well if you missed all those Vehicles or Buildings you could drop off the Berserkers, go Flat Out in your shooting phase to move 18" and fly your way off the board and deepstrike again in the following turn and try again Though the troops loaded in this time you wanted would not be able to assault on coming out.

So on to the Hellforged Hunting Pack. This officially allows the Brass Scorpion for Khorne Daemonkin, but also stack in a load of Slaughterers, Maulerfiends and stuff what when any of its friends die gain a bonus attack!, that is sweet. Just imagine having a Scorp and 4 Mauler/Slaugherers having lost 4 guys so having 7(8) attacks each for the mauler/slaughterers and that is without charge or rampage bonuses, and 10+ attacks for the Scorp...
Only downside is I think the min cost of such a formation is 1700... though I think that might make a good tourney army

Bloodied Horde. This is just a nice Khorne Daemon army in a formation box. None of the stuff is fantastic, but having them all come down at the same time and having a reroll on the reserve roll is nice. But also having them respawn if they die on a 4+ is rather insane for board control. Not to mention Rage is a great bonus.

Goreguard. So you can now have An'ggrath for Daemonkin and he gives all the other Thirsters near by +1 attack and counterattack, and feel no pain, and rampage, and adamantine will. Oh and if in combat your enemy takes a fear test that for every point they fail by the take a wound with no armour saves allowed.

Last edited by mayegelt; 05-17-15 at 03:49 PM.
post #189 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 01:03 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
THEN those lovely Berserkers can charge on the turn then deep strike in!
You sure about that? It only states "This unit can charge on the same turn they disembark from the Karybdis Assault Claw." To my knowledge you can keep the unit inside the droppod when it comes in - But they still arrive from reserve.

If they were to come in and assault the same turn, then I believe it should have been worded "This unit can charge on the same turn they arrive from deepstrike".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it - But it seems like one of those cases where it can easily be argued that they still cannot charge when they come in from reserve.
post #190 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 01:27 PM

those are expensive formations, are they for apocalypse or something?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode