Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 166
Reputation: 7
Default

sure thing! i didn't field a gorepack since my flesh hounds hadn't come in yet. My plan ultimately is to field a 2 bike / 2 hound gorepack along with the brazen onslaught once i pick up some bloodcrushers. I'll keep putting stuff up in this thread as i try it out.
GuiltySparc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #162 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
 
The Sturk's Avatar
The Sturk's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 959
Reputation: 9
Default

my biggest problem with the gore pack is that flesh hounds come in at $50 for 5. What could pose as a suitable model replacement for the hounds?
The Sturk is offline  
post #163 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 166
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
my biggest problem with the gore pack is that flesh hounds come in at $50 for 5. What could pose as a suitable model replacement for the hounds?
Ya, i just bit the bullet and bought two boxes. The WFB chaos warhounds are a lot cheaper (10 for $25), not sure about their size vs the flesh hounds though.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Warhounds
GuiltySparc is offline  
 
post #164 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:46 PM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eä
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Sounds fun! Nice to know that the Crons aren't totally unkillable--I'd be interested in hearing how games when your opponent brings his Wraiths go down, though...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #165 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:49 PM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eä
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
Ya, i just bit the bullet and bought two boxes. The WFB chaos warhounds are a lot cheaper (10 for $25), not sure about their size vs the flesh hounds though.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Warhounds
Warhounds, Fenrisian Wolves--hell, 10 of my 37 Flesh Hound minis are Gobbo Wolf Riders sans riders that I picked up cheap secondhand. Just need some spare 40mm (or 50mm, if you're going by the modern codex pictures) bases to sit them on. Puppetswar makes some solid secondhand Hounds, IIRC... (if) you're not locked into buying GW produce wholesale.

I personally quite dislike the fleshy wattles and scaly bits on the actual flesh hound minis, so have diversified a bit.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #166 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 166
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Sounds fun! Nice to know that the Crons aren't totally unkillable--I'd be interested in hearing how games when your opponent brings his Wraiths go down, though...
So, the only surviving unit (the lychgaurd) have that 3++ also and they were tough to kill indeed, tougher than wraiths because they have the RP on top of their 3++, which the wraiths don't have unless you run the Canoptek Harvest formation and choose RP every turn.

Melee and instant death seem to be the best way to deal with RP for a couple reasons, #1, sweeping advance. Just about every necron unit has I2 so they will almost always get swept and you don't get to roll RP from that. #2, instant death. Instant death wounds confer a -1 penalty to RP rolls and when dealing with multi-wound necrons you only need them to fail on RP roll and they are gone. So a charged up goredrinker and powerfists are your friends. At least in my experience anyway, though i should note that neither of us are super genius tournament players, lol.
GuiltySparc is offline  
post #167 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 166
Reputation: 7
Default

i think we are going to proxy the canoptek harvest in our next game so i'll let you know how that goes.
GuiltySparc is offline  
post #168 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT
 
venomlust's Avatar
venomlust's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,558
Reputation: 32
Default

Barghest Fiends from puppetswar.eu







They were having a special recently, and I ordered 2 of the 15 fiend sets. Still waiting for them to arrive, but I like them much more than the GW models.

As pointed out above, I think Fenrisian Wolves with the appropriate paint scheme could be awesome, too.


SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
venomlust is offline  
post #169 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 07:18 PM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eä
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
So, the only surviving unit (the lychgaurd) have that 3++ also and they were tough to kill indeed, tougher than wraiths because they have the RP on top of their 3++, which the wraiths don't have unless you run the Canoptek Harvest formation and choose RP every turn.

Melee and instant death seem to be the best way to deal with RP for a couple reasons, #1, sweeping advance. Just about every necron unit has I2 so they will almost always get swept and you don't get to roll RP from that. #2, instant death. Instant death wounds confer a -1 penalty to RP rolls and when dealing with multi-wound necrons you only need them to fail on RP roll and they are gone. So a charged up goredrinker and powerfists are your friends. At least in my experience anyway, though i should note that neither of us are super genius tournament players, lol.
Yeah, but hmm, what sort of Ld-damaging things can we take? Could ally in, uh, a Burning Chariot with Blue Horror crew. Or Be'lakor for Terrify. Or, um... just plain chop them to bits and run them down, that's probably more reliable and less expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
As pointed out above, I think Fenrisian Wolves with the appropriate paint scheme could be awesome, too.
Oh indeed?

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #170 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 166
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Yeah, but hmm, what sort of Ld-damaging things can we take? Could ally in, uh, a Burning Chariot with Blue Horror crew. Or Be'lakor for Terrify. Or, um... just plain chop them to bits and run them down, that's probably more reliable and less expensive.

Oh indeed?
ya, winning combat and knocking pts off LD that way was what i was doing. The rank and file necron is tough, but not very killy in combat so even if it takes a couple rounds you won't be losing many guys while at the same time keeping them from shooting you.
GuiltySparc is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome