Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

For what it's worth, here is the 1d4chan page for Khorne Daemonkin:

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40..._Daemonkin(7E)

Not much that hasn't been touched on, but might as well check it out some time.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 07:19 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Man . . . Imagine two detachments with allied daemon princes running goredrinker at one end of the battle line . . . and blackmace at the other. Or AoBF. Giggles ensue.
Black Mace or AoBF? You disappoint me. And. Plus Be'lakor giving them all 2+ jinks, too, if you want them to be the heart of your force (which can splinter apart from the Shrouding 6" radius when you're about to launch 4 assaults). There's your gorram melee flying circus. And the Goredrinker Prince also has the Eternal Warrior armor for barely more than twice the cost of his normal power armor. Add a Bloodthirster for spite, if you want.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #153 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Black Mace or AoBF? You disappoint me. And. Plus Be'lakor giving them all 2+ jinks, too, if you want them to be the heart of your force (which can splinter apart from the Shrouding 6" radius when you're about to launch 4 assaults). There's your gorram melee flying circus. And the Goredrinker Prince also has the Eternal Warrior armor for barely more than twice the cost of his normal power armor. Add a Bloodthirster for spite, if you want.
Bad Mossy, trying to encourage people to cheat
Cant have Goredrinker and Blood-Forged Armour on the same model.
One of the most annoying things about K:DK was that with all the Artefacts they are all unique as normal, but you may also only have 1 MAX per model as it says you "may take one of the following..." "A model may instead replace one weapon with one of the following..."

post #154 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 12:33 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
One of the most annoying things about K:DK was that with all the Artefacts they are all unique as normal, but you may also only have 1 MAX per model as it says you "may take one of the following..." "A model may instead replace one weapon with one of the following..."
Had to triple-check that myself. Damn the "instead" word there! I had read it as "can take 1 weapon... can take 1 non-weapon." Third time today I've had to eat my words, w/r/t Daemonkin. Blast.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #155 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

5 (7 with rage on the charge) S6 (S7 on the charge) AP2 attacks at WS9 and I8 still aren't bad, though.

post #156 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 02:40 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
5 (7 with rage on the charge) S6 (S7 on the charge) AP2 attacks at WS9 and I8 still aren't bad, though.
No Rage, unless you've spent the 2 Blood Tithe points. No MoK on DPs, just DoK.

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #157 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Well, definitely utilizing blood tithe. Rage or +1 attack, either way.

Last edited by venomlust; 04-09-15 at 06:42 AM.
post #158 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 06:42 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Well, definitely utilizing blood tithe.
I dunno if I want to "waste" the Blood tithe on giving half my army what it already has and the other half what it already has too, but if I grab it for free from the Slaughter Cult when slapping FNP on the whole army, and the DP is leading the Slaughter Cult... more's the merrier!

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #159 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 04:00 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Got my first Daemonkin game in over the weekend playing my Necron friend in a 1500 point game.

KD List (Unbound Army)
Slaughtercult
Terminator lord with power fist / lightning claw
CSM x 8 with a plasma gun
Bloodletters x 8 with Banner of Blood
Bloodletters x 8 with instrument of chaos
Possessed x 5

War Engines
Soul Grinder with Baleful Torrent

Unbound KD Selection
Juggerlord with Goredrinker
Bikers x3 with 2 meltaguns, champ with combi melta and melta bombs
Bikers x 6 with 1 Meltagun, icon of wrath, CCWs, Lightning Claw on the Champ
Land raider with no upgrades

My tactics - Juggerlord ran with the larger bike squad, termie lord and BoB bloodletters piled in the land raider. IoC bloodletters and soul grinder hung out in reserves to try out the chain deep striking thing. Everything ran straight forward.

Necron List - Decurian
Reclamation Legion
Anrakyr the Traveler
Immortals x 10
Lychguard x 9
Tomb Blades x 3
Tomb Blades x 3
Warriors x 10
Warriors x 10
Ghost Ark

Auxiliary
Deathmarks x 8
C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer

His tactics - basically deployed in a static gun line with a unit of bikes on each side, put Anrakyr with the Lychgaurd and the two sets of warriors with the ghost ark to benefit from the repair ability. We had the diagonal deployment so he basically sat there for a turn getting ready to open fire on my charging horde.

The game unfolded with my bikes/juggerlord hitting one flank and my landraider/termie lord/bloodletters hitting the other flank and then pac manning their way to the middle where the C'tan, Anrakyr, Lychguard were. I used the tithe to summon more bloodletters along with the 8 i had in reserve to support termie lord side because they were taking more losses between assaults than the bikers/juggerlord. The bloodletters had the BoB so the grinder came in without scatter and laid some serious waste with the torrent weapon. By the end of the game i had secured several objects with the camping CSM and the melta bikes (after they blew up the ghost ark) and had killed everything he had other than Anrakyr and the Lychgaurd, who are tough as all hell. It was a pretty lopsided win both in VP and kills and pretty fun.

The possessed worked out better than i expected. Since they were the only foot slogging unit they were last to the party, which meant they were only shot at once and came in when the enemy units were already pretty battered from previous assaults. I got a lucky vessels roll on their first combat giving them AP3 attacks, which allowed them to wipe out the 3+ immortals they charged.

All in all it was really fun. There is really good synergy using the fast attack units and DSing daemons. The fact that you can give you tithe summoned daemons BoB, IoC, and the Character all for free is so nice.
post #160 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Awesome! Well done and thanks for sharing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode