Khorne Daemonkin Tactics & Discussion - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

It's not as if the weapon is useless, but it just can't touch some things. Against most infantry it will be great, but against storm shield wielding space marines it will still struggle. Good thing there are hounds and spawn to tie those up a bit and whittle them down. And it will do fairly well against riptides.

As for the wording and instant death, any wounds inflicted on a 6 have the instant death rule. However, S4 cannot inflict a wound, and thus cannot cause instant death against T8.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-07-15, 11:38 PM

But if you get your charge off you might be S5
post #143 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 12:31 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

All in all, I think the book has better choices on offer at that pricepoint--at least the Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury gets it for the same cost as the C:Daemons 'Thirster, so though it already has AP2 at Initiative, it still has Decapitating Blow for no price hike...

(I'm not going into the unfortunate lack of Greater Rewards, though. Bleh)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #144 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 01:01 AM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

So you guys are thinking that, on balance, being able to strike at initiative will outweigh the blood feast perks?
post #145 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
So you guys are thinking that, on balance, being able to strike at initiative will outweigh the blood feast perks?
Chaos Lord yes, Daemon Prince no. Depending on the army you're fighting, going at I1 could work out. Maybe Tau, or something.

post #146 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 07:35 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Chaos Lord yes, Daemon Prince no. Depending on the army you're fighting, going at I1 could work out. Maybe Tau, or something.
Well, don't buy an Axe of Khorne for the DP either--it already has AP2 at Initiative. It's unfortunate a Daemon Prince only has 1 weapon to swap for the Goredrinker, though, I can't help but think--the Goredrinker is the closest thing it can get to a power fist, since once it causes 5 unsaved wounds "with its melee attacks," so if it had another weapon it could make I8 attacks with to power up to the 5 kills he needs for the S10 on all attacks. *Sigh* ah well, fragile DPs striking at I1 is not a recipe for success, and it's only Walkers, not MCs, that ignore Unwieldy.

Oh. Oh. Perusing the wargear... and I did not realize you could buy Collars of Khorne for characters! Bring on the 4+ Deny the Witch saves for units aside from Flesh Hounds!

On a related anti-psychic note: when will GW realize that only DTW rolls aren't enough: ok, perils on any doubles is decent, but we need a way to generate more dispel dice without taking psykers, too! Some sort of icon for a few points that adds 1 dispel die per turn or something... *continues scribbling wishlisting*

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #147 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 03:05 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

If MCs don't ignore unwieldy, then what was the point of the colossal rule for that one Bloodthirster with the greataxe?

Don't have my rulebook on me, but I am pretty sure MCs ignore unwieldy. It should be under the unwieldy rule itself.

Last edited by The Sturk; 04-08-15 at 03:12 PM.
post #148 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

MCs definitely ignore unwieldy, along with walkers. For the artefact it's less about AP2 as it is for more strength so they can annihilate stuff (should they survive long enough to fight in two combats, unlikely as that may be).

post #149 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 05:49 PM
Entropy Fetishist

I gladly cede the dimly-remembered point on which I was pontificating.

Ok, so... once the DP causes 5 unsaved wounds, you're in S10 Power Fist City! Plus Rampage and +1S earlier...

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #150 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 06:18 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I gladly cede the dimly-remembered point on which I was pontificating.

Ok, so... once the DP causes 5 unsaved wounds, you're in S10 Power Fist City! Plus Rampage and +1S earlier...
Man . . . Imagine two detachments with allied daemon princes running goredrinker at one end of the battle line . . . and blackmace at the other. Or AoBF. Giggles ensue.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode