Choices Choices... 140 points on Heavy Support, opinions please - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Chaos Crusader's Flag is: England

Default Choices Choices... 140 points on Heavy Support, opinions please

Hi all,

Been playing round with my list alately and ive freed up 140 points to fit in my 1500 list and im wanting to add more anti-armour.

My options as i see them are the Vidicator, Lascannon galore Predator or 2 Oblitorators, Havocs im not convinced about model wise and after proxying a Helbrute a few times, the AV12 has been took out too many times too 'easily' for my liking.

I run two Forgefiends as my dedicated heavies but feel they need some support.

Any ideas are always welcome,

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 04:14 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Given your list I like the predator annihilator. An aegis line and AV13 is no joke, and the lascannons (2.223 hits per turn) are always going to be useful. I think it's a very safe choice that would rarely disappoint, but be careful to protect the side armour.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 08:12 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

If those Forgefiends have HACs, I'd probably take a Vindicator with Daemonic Possession and a combi-bolter.

Squire's choice is also convincing, if one or more of those FFs are taking ectoplasma cannons.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-14, 11:06 AM

110 could get you 2 rapier support weapons batteries. Good TL 36" S9 Ap1 ordnance weapons with T7 and 2 wounds.
A Sicaran is a bagain at just less than the pts you have spare. A twin linked heavy 6 rending autocannon that ignore jinks. + a heavy bolter isnt bad, 13 12 12 armour and HP3. Though it would be a bit more for heavy bolter or lascannon sponsors, or malefic ammo.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-14, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Chaos Crusader's Flag is: England

My heart is saying take the Vindicator as i love the look of the model, but my head is saying take the Predator... those 3 Lascannons will bring the pain.

I run 1 HAC and 1 EPC on my Forgefiends and they do well, with added back up im eager to see it all in action.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 08:46 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I dunno how much you have in the way of aggressive offense in your list, but there's always a Maulerfiend, too that fits neatly into your bracket (with a few points to spare).

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-14, 11:30 PM

5 havocs and ether 4 autocannons MoN will rock the day make your own
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-14, 01:40 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Crusader View Post
My options as i see them are the Vidicator, Lascannon galore Predator or 2 Oblitorators, Havocs im not convinced about model wise and after proxying a Helbrute a few times, the AV12 has been took out too many times too 'easily' for my liking.s
I recomend the Vidicator. Should pair well with the forgefiend.

But, the Havocs do have a use (But you do need to convert them up for the Lascannons you will want)

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 05:53 PM

Hey there,

Here is my experience with vindicators, they come best in pairs!
Your opponent is very likely to look at the board ask you "Is that a S10 AP2 pie plate you have there?", you will have to say "Sure thing". And then... Ohh boy... The amount of hurt that will befall your poor war machine. No amount of siege shields or Daemonic possession will safe it.
If you are looking to divert attention away from your Forgefiends, sure, that's one way to use it.

If you are looking for a deceptively low key firepower house, then the Havocs with autocannons will wreck some serious face as soon as something moves out of cover. Just ask a necron player, they hate autocannons with BS4.

By the by, Oblits are always an option! Try to proxy them for a match or two. They draw a lot of fire, they shoot back like nobody's business.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 06:04 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzycho Leech View Post
Hey there,

Here is my experience with vindicators, they come best in pairs!
Your opponent is very likely to look at the board ask you "Is that a S10 AP2 pie plate you have there?", you will have to say "Sure thing". And then... Ohh boy... The amount of hurt that will befall your poor war machine. No amount of siege shields or Daemonic possession will safe it.
If you are looking to divert attention away from your Forgefiends, sure, that's one way to use it.

If you are looking for a deceptively low key firepower house, then the Havocs with autocannons will wreck some serious face as soon as something moves out of cover. Just ask a necron player, they hate autocannons with BS4.

By the by, Oblits are always an option! Try to proxy them for a match or two. They draw a lot of fire, they shoot back like nobody's business.
totally agree

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles > Chaos Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode