2500 Nurgle. Need some input here - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-11, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

2500 Nurgle. Need some input here

Looking at taking these to an upcoming tournament. I realize that mono god stuff is not the most competitive but I like theme so I am going mono Nurgle. I played Mono Nurgle Demons in the last tourney and did well actually.

Anyway on to the list. I am looking for some input as to how to make it harder while still sticking to theme as much as possible. I have allowed myself to take some rhinos for the PM squads as well as taking some Oblit goodness to add a bit of range to the mix.

HQ
DP wings, MoN, Warptime
Pretty standard I think, plus he is fun to field

Typhus
Realize he is not on the favorite list for many, I like him though. could be talked into dropping him if the argument is solid. he will go with the 7 man melta squad that is lacking a rhino. Figure it allows for some assault though I3 marines are not the most assaulty unit in the world

Troops
7 PM including champ
Dual melta
champ has Powerfist
Icon
Riding in the raider with Typhus

7 PM including Champ with fist
Dual melta
Rhino
icon

7 PM including champ with fist
Dual Melta
Icon
Rhino

7 PM including champ with fist
Dual Plasma
Icon
Rhino

7 Pm
Dual Plasma
These will camp on objectives at the home front. Should allow me a decent base so no need for a Champ or rhino

Heavy
Land raider

3 Oblits

3 Oblits

Plan is simple I guess. Typhus and the raider borne PM run up the middle heading into the fray. rhino Borne Melta and plasma Squads ride around popping shots from the hatch and dismebark if needed or forced. Gives me decent AT support and 6 troop choices. Foot sloggin unit holds the rear dropping shots of plasma death down range

DP runs around crushing things as needed, possibly running behind the raider to start and then supporting Typhus and friends if needed or heading off to pop tanks walkers etc.

if I drop Typhus I would also drop the raider I think to add A rhino for the melta squad. Then possibly take 3 more oblits.

Any input appreciated. Have several weeks to tweak this thing but trying to get it settled so I can paint the rest of the force.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-11, 07:53 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

Typhus + 1 enemy powerfist = dead.

It's kind of silly that a named Lord of Nurgle can't survive when hit by a powerfist, but there you have it. He's just far too easy to kill. Kharn the betrayer is the only non-daemon HQ really worth it in the Chaos Marine codex.

If you really like the look of Typhus, then just use a Chaos Lord or sorcerer instead, since it's cheaper.

Otherwise the list looks good. Good luck!

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-11, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

I do realize that he can be popped with a single fist and that is no good. However, he is cheaper than the Lord or Sorc that had the same options as Typhus is packing.

It is a shame to not take Typhus though. What would you suggest taking in his stead since he frees up a lot of points including the raider, if I do not take him would probably not take the Raider either.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-11, 09:02 PM

arlins's Flag is: England

Im Liking , just started a Nurgle only army myself , let us kmow how it fare,s
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-11, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Have played a variant of it at the 1500 level and it did well. I did end up losing to orks but it was just a one off kill em all deal. They can lay down a massive amount of firepower actually and if you can remember to do things like disembark Typhus and his crew, use the upgrades you pay for etc(something I epicly failed at) then I think it can do great.

Will keep you posted as I playtest it. Thinking I will be taking a version to the table this weekend in fact.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode