Thousand Sons 1500pt - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Default Thousand Sons 1500pt

This list is strictly against space marines, not swarm armys.

Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Winds of Chaos, Warp time - 205

Chaos Lord - Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonweapon - 145

Thousand Sons - 266
1 Aspiring Sorcerer - Doombolt
7 Thousand Sons
1 Rhino

Thousand Sons - 266
7 Thousand Sons
1 Rhino

Thousand Sons - 266
7 Thousand Sons
1 Rhino

Obliterator Cult - 150
2 Obliterators

Obliterator Cult - 150
2 Obliterators

Obliterator Cult - 75
1 Obliterator

Idea of the Chaos lord is to join a squad of Thousand sons with his D6 doombolt like attacks to put severe strain and hurt on any marines , the Obliterators deepstrike in and take out any neccessery tech or specific squads that pose a threat, the deamon prince is another source to absorb fire but put huge hurt on anyone really :D. Also all the thousand squads contain atleast 9 models in each one..... it is tzeentchs magic number after all!! winning over a god = good rolls.

Any suggestions please go ahead I was thinking of replacing the last obliterator and shave a few points and include a defiler, what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 02:38 AM

Honestly; the list is pretty much perfect for a TS list, and I think it will do very well against space marines. You could drop the last oblit and make the lord into a DP, thats the only thing i could think of. Good luck! You should do fine!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Cheers yeah I was thinking for the chaos lord alone I could of gotten 7 more thousand son space marines, but dropping him and the oblitarator for a second demaon prince would soak up any fire that would be directed to the rhino's and if they were ignored then still, I'm happy

Cheers for the reply and advice.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 04:37 PM

It's probably not worth pointing out, but transports weren't counted when working out whether a unit was 'favoured' or not in the old codex. (where it actually had an application)

The main issue I see here is a distinct lack of anti-tank firepower. You're going to get a maximum of 5 tank-busting S9 shots per turn, which, unless your gaming group isn't big on armour in general, isn't really enough to guarentee any sucess against even the most average of Mech lists. AP3 bolters are all good and well, but S4 isn't getting through tank armour any time soon.

So I've given you a problem, now for a solution. Personally, I'd lose one squad of TS and put its points into more Obliterators. If you have the time to and patience to model them (as I assume you're doing from CSM Terminators) then they're simply the more the merrier. Taking more will provide you with more anti-tank firepower, more anti-TEQ firepower and more high danger targets that your opponent will have to deal with.

Also, I would advocate dropping one of your DP's Psychic powers. I know he can take both, and use both, but I think it would be a better investment to take two slightly weaker Daemon princes than a stronger one. The Tzeentch Daemon Weapon is poor - there's little reason to take it (unfortunately), I, personally, would take a pair of Daemon Princes, perhaps both costing around 175 pts if you can manage it. That should be enough for a mark on each and a Psychic power too.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Doombolt, Warp time - 185

Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Doombolt, Warp time - 185

Thousand Sons - 266
6 Thousand Sons
1 Rhino

Thousand Sons - 266
6 Thousand Sons
1 Rhino

Obliterator Cult - 225
3 Obliterators

Obliterator Cult - 225
3 Obliterators

Obliterator Cult - 225
3 Obliterators

How about that? even though I fail to see the need for a third group of Obliterator Cults, due to the fact that my Daemon Princes can destroy mech when up close or any of the Aspiring champions could have their psychic power replaced to Bolt of Change.
But regardless, how does this re-make of the list fair?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-11, 09:52 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

I actually think your previous list was better due to having more troop units being able to hold ground.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-11, 11:56 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer49 View Post
I actually think your previous list was better due to having more troop units being able to hold ground.
other than the 2nd DP i agree. 2 DPs are just soo much better for whatever your taking other than Abby, Typhus, or Kharn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-11, 12:55 AM

Pennywise bro, I forgot my wallet hahahaha
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-11, 11:06 PM

Where's the beef?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-11, 02:37 AM

Consider adding bolt of change on the sorcerers, to get that anti-tank firepower in there, but stick with the higher troops first list.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode