1850 Chaos SPACE MARINES"REBELION"-Competitive - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

usa_supersonic's Flag is: Romania

Default 1850 Chaos SPACE MARINES"REBELION"-Competitive

MY goal...to "K M B"

HQ

1XDaemon Prince-155(Wings,Lash of submission)

1XDaemon Prince-155(Wings,Lash of submission)

1xGreater Daemon-100

ELITES

7XChosen Space Marines-166(Campion,3XMeltagun
Rhino-35

TROOPS

10XChaos Space Marines-190(1XLascannon,1Xmeltagun,Icon Chaos Glory

10XChaos Space Marines-185(Campion-combi-weapon,2Xflamer)
Rhino-35

9XKhorne Berzekers-229(Campion cu power fist) into LR

6XLesser Daemons-78

HEAVY SUPPORT

1XLand Raider-220

1XChaos Defiler-150(3 Close combat arms-s10,TL Reaper Autocannon,Battle Cannon
Reaper cannon because if you get weapon destroyed...and if you get immobilized

2XObliterators-150

What does everyone else think?

*** 1: Should I CUT the Land Raider and get a Rhino for my Zerkers?(Isn't The Rhino gonna go boom boom leaving my zerkers in the open?)

*** 2 .6 man CSM squads seem fragile to give them a power fist what do you think?

***3.Defiler GOOD? or BAD? 2 Oblits or a Defiler? or BOTH?

*** 4.A cheap Dreadnought for 100 points is the way to go?(you can avoid frenzy by keeping him with a ML next to a rhino as shoot the s4 missile versus AV11)

***5.Chosen SM- I would kit them 6 man squad with 3 melta/2 flamer/champion

***6.Lesser Daemons are they any good? I think for the objectives they could work

***7.Greater Daemon do we use it?(I think it's like a Super powerful Champion with 4 wound T6 s6-could come in handy..plus when it comes it can assault-BUT it's 100 points...almost like a DP

The LASH tactics it's not just to get them outside cover,put them in a circle for template/blast weapons,pull thme near your dred/defiler or drive MC or other units back or make them fly into terrain to take dangerous tests..BUT also every unit that is touched by it MUST take a Pinning Test,which could matter a lot(If you pull something out and it fails the pinning test you can fire at something else)

Thank you for the feedback..let'a all learn/PS: I will try to use my DP also MoN but I don't think it will work as good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 07:45 PM

#1-keep the zerkers in the Land Raider. If they disembark from a rhino, they cant assault, and that kind of defeats their purpose. The Assault Ramp on the Land Raider allows them to charge when they disembark. Also, the LR is better armored, upping their survivability.

#2-Yes 6 man squads are not going to last, especially if they don't have any kind of armor to actually get into the fight. I would place them in rhinos and zip them around the table. It's especially good if you're playing objective based missions, as they can move 12" and contest an objective.

#3- I've never had that much luck with with the Defiler. A BS 3 is kinda trash, especially when firing the main battle cannon. (but i normally have terrible luck with scatter die). I would drop it and take either some Termies if you can or get either a Predator or Vindicator for your crowd control/tank pop, depending on what you were going for with the Defiler. I happen to like Oblits, even though they usually are a primary target by the second turn theyre in.

#4- Dreadnoughts tend to be more trouble than they are worth. I would recommend them if they could take the same armaments as Imperial Space Marines, but their selection is limited, and the Fire Frenzy rule, even if you put it next to the rhino is still a liability, especially if the rhino gets popped and the troops are exposed.

#5 - Your Chosen are fine the way they are, for what they're being used for (speedy tank pop, I assume?) I dont have the 'dex with me, but I think they have 'scout' special rule, correct? If so,ditch the rhino and place them as close to a tank as possible.

#6- I honestly don't use Lesser Daemons enough to attest to their functionality, but for objective based games, nothing holds objectives better than Plague Marines. With their enhanced toughness, they can shrug off most las/bolter/shuriken attacks. But if lesser daemons are your thing, then do it, man.

#7- Every time I've used a greater daemon, it usually hasn't lasted longer than turn 2, even with 2 other daemon princes running around. I would honestly drop the greater Daemon and get something else for it.

THe lash tactic is good, however relying on the template weapon of the Defiler is iffy. I usually lash them near Termies or Zerkers and thrash them that way (as I mentioned before, the Scatter Dice Gods absolutely hate me) I am also going to advocate a Chaos Lord in Termie Armor with a Daemon Weapon added to your Zerkers. I have this unit and it tears everything up on the board wholesale.

Lastly, Im going to say that I prefer Terminators to be on the board in some way shape or form. Nothing infuriates a player more than seeing 6-8 Termies deep striking behind their lines and blasting tank/infantry pell mell. Add a chaos icon to your units' sergeants or the Chaos Lord (if you take it) and you have a hell of a left-right knockout combo when they come in.

Hope this helped. good luck and good gaming.

Big Boss BrainBasha's Trophy list:

Tycho's Helmet
Commander Lysander's Lance
3 Commisar's hats
A Vendetta Wing x 2
3 Tau Shas'O heads
Chaplain Grimaldus' Crozius
Warboss Skullmuncha's Iron Gob

And the list is growing...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 07:50 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

posting from work

Taking your list as a starting point, here's what I came up with for 1,850:

HQ
Daemon Prince
- Wings; Warptime
155 points
Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh; Wings; Lash Of Submission
155 points

ELITES
5 Chosen
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns; meltabombs
155 points

TROOPS
8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino with extra armour
271 points
7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino with extra armour
261 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Obliterators

225 points
3 Obliterators
225 points
Vindicator - Daemonic Possession
145 points

TOTAL:
1,850 points

hth

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 02:35 AM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

i think you have a good start, though i don't think enough deep striking troops to justify getting your Champs killed.

i'd drop the Greater Daemon.

remove the Champ. from the Chose for more melta/flamers in the squad.

obviously, your LC CSM squad is to be at home: why not cut out the melta gun to keep it cheaper? this way you can still get that LC shot every turn.

your small CSM squad needs a PF.

cut the Lesser Daemons, or get more. they're not a terrible investment as they don't kill Champs for them to come in.

the LR needs Possession.

and i'd go with another two Oblits. if your list was themed for more charge toward the enemy tactics, i'd go with two Defilers, a Dread or two, and the LR with the 'Zerkers in it. i'd also consider Kharne, but you're not going full Khornate here, it seems.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

usa_supersonic's Flag is: Romania

Nice nice thank you for taking the time...
Inquisitor Malaclypse so if I go forward what strategy???The thing about a LR or armor in general is there are a lot of drop pods,DoA,Railguns,bikes with M-m,Zoanthrops + Those full of DARK Lances DE ...they all got about 10 of em at least etc etc.They can put down all that mech..any tactics

Also Svartmetall you are going to charge those plague marines?what about the objectives?

I am thinking the Grater Daemon Because I would not have to buy a power fist or 2 for units,and because he can arrive where is needed
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 05:16 AM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

what i meant that if you're tactic is to rush forward and engage in melee, you may want to use Defilers and Dreads.

your first list has a strange Black Legion/World Eater feel that puts your Champs at risk for the sake of one unit. not a good investment IMO.

if you're wanting more deepstriking take plain Champs. Chaos Champs cost a lot just for them to die with a bunch of wargear to bring in one model.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode