Alpha Legion 1500 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-08, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Default Alpha Legion 1500

Hey y'all, I've come up with a beefed up list after dropping those useless Possessed(I decided I could buy two chosen for every possessed and s5 just wasn't worth it)
Chaos Lord-
Mark of Slaanesh
Daemon Weapon
Melta Bombs

Chaos Sorceror
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
140+125=265

Elite:
Chosenx9
Asp Champ
Power Fist
Lightning Clawsx2
Flamer
Icon of Chaos

Chosenx6
Asp Champ
Missile Launcher
Melta x3

Chaos Terminatorx3
Power Fist
Heavy Flamer
252+168+105=535

Troops:
Chaos Marinesx10
Asp Champ
Power Fist
Melta
Plasma
Icon of Chaos

Chaos Marinesx10
Asp Champ
Power Sword
Melta
Missile Launcher
Icon of Chaos

Rhino

Greater Daemon of Undivided
225+210+35+100=570

Fast Attack:
Raptorsx5
Icon of Chaos Glory
Meltax2

Any ways I could improve this list? I'm trying to make a list able to take out those blasted veil of tears eldar along with most any spess mahrehn list I come across.(I've begun to harbor a strong amount of hate for monstrous creatures) The general plan is to either infiltrate the chosen, deep strike the terminators, and have everyone else move up. Try to distract with the CC chosen until the greater daemon hits the table, taking the spot of one of the chosen squads.
While he's mucking about the rest of the army advances to hopefully a mostly CC-battle.

Failing a gamma-level battle, the lord jumps in the rhino with the CC chosen and they start the treck across the board, and everyone else footslogs, the sorceror lashing the closest unit so we can begin CC as soon as possible. If all else fails, the trump card greater daemon will pop up and serve as a fire magnet.

Any suggestions are welcome to make this list stronger. Anyone have an opinion on lord with daemon weapon vs sorceror with warptime?

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

Last edited by LordWaffles; 03-27-08 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Gwar, forgot to delete all the point cost listings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-08, 12:45 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

List looks good but i would have a biger unit of Terminator and i would give your lord a inv save. As well the main weeknes is that you do not have a lot of fire power but you have very good combat ability

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-08, 04:24 AM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

I don't suggest taking heavy weapons in a regular squad, but I take khorne icons on all my squads. The only thing I could rele suggest is give your HQ wings, but I don't see where you would easily get the points for that other than dropping the missile launcher off your CSM squad and then sending either your lord OR your sorceror with the raptors. Thats all I can think of, otherwise your list is pretty good. Just remember, the slaanesh daemon weapon is best for character hunting. Giving your lord wings/jump pack and then sending him with your raptors to ravage your opponent's HQ/Elites is a good idea, but then your sorceror wouldn't be as fast as it could be with popping off that lash. Rele, you have to choose if you want more mobility or more heavy weapons. Whichever suits your playstyle more, go for it.

P.S. What do you mean by "Icon of Chaos"? Which icon, chaos glory? Or did you choose one of the god icons for them?

Last edited by killmaimburn; 03-29-08 at 04:31 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode