1500 Khornate-Nurgle list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Kristopholes's Flag is: USA

1500 Khornate-Nurgle list

Something I put together awhile ago but never tried it out. Figured I'd post it and see if there is room for improvement.

HQ:
DP w/ wings, MoN, WT -175

Troop:
PM's X4 + champ with PF, 2 MGs -175
PM's X4 + champ with PF, 2 PGs -185
Rhino X2 w/ DP, CW (melta with the melta PM's and Plasma with the plasma PM's) - 130
KB's X9 + champ with PF and Meltabombs -255

Heavy Support:
Defiler w/ 4 CCW's -150
LR w/ DP, DB -245
Obliterator -75

Summoned:
Greater Daemon -100

Total:1460

I know that leaves me 40pts left over and that's part of the reason why I post this. Should I drop some of the extra stuff for another Oblit? Or add more extra stuff to take up the remainding points? Idk. To clarify those are Squads of 5 on the PM's and a squad of 10 for the KB. Now I leave this to be criticized by the masses. Enjoy

Control the Chaos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 09:47 PM

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

I know im working on a World Eaters/Deathguard list myself, but i guess its always easier to criticize (mean that in a good way) other peoples lists, plus with the smaller point size, you tactics and play style would probably be different then mine. Heres what i see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopholes View Post
HQ:
No problems here. He will be a fire magnet, i would hide him behind the LR until hes in assault distance, then go to town.

Quote:
Troop:
Rhino X2 w/ DP, CW (melta with the melta PM's and Plasma with the plasma PM's) - 130
These guys need to be at 7, minimum. drop the daemonic possession, while good in theory, odds are, the rhino will be destroyed vs being stunned. also drop the combi weapons, you just want to get your PMs up there. If the rhino happens to survive somehow, they would become fire lane walls for your troops. To find the points, maybe drop the PF on the berzerker champ and give him a PW and MBs, but either way, he dosent need a PF and MBs.

Quote:
Heavy Support:
Defiler w/ 4 CCW's -150
LR w/ DP, DB -245
Obliterator -75

Summoned:
Greater Daemon -100
Khorne defiler, thats cool. LR is a bit of a point sink, but it will get the berzerkers to their objective, so ultimately, thats ok. I personally would drop the GD for another oblit. You need some long range support. That and it would hurt having to sack one of your expensive champs to bring him out. Also, in the event where it might be better to drop in your oblits, some icons wouldnt hurt.

Heres something i would see running at this point level:

HQ:
DP w/ wings, MoN, Warptime - 175pts

Troops:
6 PMs + champ, PF, plasma gun, Icon, Rhino w/ EA - 271pts
6 PMs + champ, PF, x2 plasma guns, Rhino w/ EA - 281pts
8 Berzerkers + champ, PW, MBs, Icon - 229pts

Heavies:
LR w/ daemonic possession - 240pts
Defiler w/ x4 CCWs - 150pts
x2 Oblits - 150pts

1496pts

Hope thats some food for thought!

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 04:44 AM

Mr.Juggernaught's Flag is: Australia

I would personally take more troops and less heavies. The defiler is basically a huge walking target that will be visible across the board. If this is a competitive list I would drop the defiler but if it is just for fun I would go mad on the defilers as they are so cool and fun to play with on the field. I think with 2 obliteraters 1 land raider and spent the extra points from the defiler on more troops.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 02:13 PM

Bloods list is good, but as he said the Lr is a point sink, You would be bettter off going with another 4 ccw defiler and getting a rhino with extra armor for the zerks and throw in 2 plasma pistols for them.

No one ever defended anythign successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S Patton.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Alot of these suggestions were something that I had thought about but not put into action or they were totally new ideas so they are all much appreciated. I'll try out Bloods list and see how that goes along with the other suggestions. I never really considered getting rid of the LR just b/c of it's ability to move, drop my guys, and then they assault. But in a 1500pt battle I can see how that might be overrated when you could trade it out for other things.

Control the Chaos
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 05:32 PM

jaws900's Flag is: England

Quote:
Something I put together awhile ago but never tried it out. Figured I'd post it and see if there is room for improvement.

HQ:

Great choice. No problems

Troop:
PF....on Plagune marines...the marines that should avoid combat if possible. just seems silly to me. Yes they cna fight better than T-sons but thats why you have Beserkers and defiler and DP. It's jsut a bit pointless i feel
Daemonic possition isn't that great for rhinos. It's awsume on vindiacotrs who want to be able to keep shooting but half the time a rhino sohuldn't need to shoot as the perpose of a rhino is one of 2 things, Get it's cargo to where it needed to be or act as a shell for your more fragile untis. Plauge marines are none of the above and really you better of with Extra amrour to keep them movieng if you want rhinos. I knew one guy who would take 2 rhinos for his devisators (the wolf equilivnet anyway) just for them to act as a moving shield for the rest of his army.
Meltabombs are pritty pointless on a modla with a powerfist as it's alsmot always better in 9/10 fights, and thats jsut countign agianst armour. I would take a P-Icon isntead to help your daemon/obliterator out if anything)

Heavy Support:
Defiler w/ 4 CCW's -150
Lovely and khorny
LR w/ DP, DB -245
Agian the Daemonic possition is the last thing you need on a Landraider. it can always fire atleast 1 wepaon so why bother. Down grade it to extra armour agian.
Obliterator -75
Perosnly i feel they need to taken be in pairs triplets as 1 is too squisy and will oftne get taken out by that 1 lone missile ina squad with unlucky rolls or a lascannon for easy kill points. I have always ran mine in pairs and only once in all 10 times i have ran them they have fialed to get back there points...and that was due to porr deep strike rolls. (they arrived on turn 5 and them mishaped to the other end of the board behind cover and couldn't even see anything)

Summoned:
Greater Daemon -100
Love it and i would lvoe to see more

I know that leaves me 40pts left over and that's part of the reason why I post this. Should I drop some of the extra stuff for another Oblit?
Yep. Droppign the PF's on the plauge marines should pay for it with a few pts spare for maybe a power sword on one fo them or meltabombs on your non-PF models
Or add more extra stuff to take up the remainding points? Idk. To clarify those are Squads of 5 on the PM's and a squad of 10 for the KB. Now I leave this to be criticized by the masses. Enjoy
I hope that i have been some what helpful but do remeber that it's your lsit and youy run it how you want and you don't have to go with the masses

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 08:46 PM

LR w/ DP, DB -245
Agian the Daemonic possition is the last thing you need on a Landraider. it can always fire atleast 1 wepaon so why bother. Down grade it to extra armour agian.

What? you seem to think that Chaos land Raiders have Power of the Machine Spirit. They dont, if a chaos land raiders moves 12 or is stunned then it cannot shoot. possesion is a great upgrade for it since a normal raider is 250+.

PF....on Plagune marines...the marines that should avoid combat if possible. just seems silly to me. Yes they cna fight better than T-sons but thats why you have Beserkers and defiler and DP. It's jsut a bit pointless i feel
They aren't that bad in hth, agaisnt non marine stat lines and elves they are fantastic. and since Pf dont really hurt their initiative its a great upgrade, yes a pf on a Zerk is kinda redundant unless you are assaulting walkers.

@Kristoples: yeah a single land raider in 1500 for assault purposes is a bbit over rated. the Kill power that a defiler can provide serves a greater purpose in yur list. most peole have them hang in the back but with the right cover you can charge them across the field blasting units out of the water ad then engage in an assault. find what works for you and your play style them optimize it.

No one ever defended anythign successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S Patton.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Awesome suggestions guys, most worth trying out. I agree that Oblits should be put in pairs, I find one isn't able to get done what i need it to. I also love the defilers, I generally know from the start that the enemy is gonna pop them around 2 turn. Though I have had several times where the Defiler rushes the enemy and takes somethings like a Monolith down. I do see the redundancy of a PF and meltabombs, that will be fixed. I do like the PF's on the Plagues though b/c as said before it doesn't really hurt their terrible initiative and my enemies generally try to get in close combat with them b/c they know how slow they are so the PF usually gets that last powerful punch in to take something vital out.

Control the Chaos
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 01:48 AM

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

Quote:

HQ:

Troop:

Heavy Support:
Defiler w/ 4 CCW's -150
LR w/ DP, DB -245
Obliterator -75

Summoned:
Greater Daemon -100

I know that leaves me 40pts left over and that's part of the reason why I post this. Should I drop some of the extra stuff for another Oblit? Or add more extra stuff to take up the remainding points? Idk. To clarify those are Squads of 5 on the PM's and a squad of 10 for the KB. Now I leave this to be criticized by the masses. Enjoy
Tell me what you think on this:

HQ:
[1] DP-175
*Wings/MoN/WT

Troops:
[7] Plague Marines-301
*Champ w/ PF and Pp
*1 PG
*1 MG
**Rhino
-EA/Combi-Plasma

[7] Plague Marines-286
*Champ w/ PF
*1 PG
*1 MG
**Rhino
-EA/Combi-Plasma

[8] Khorne Berzerkers-208
*Champ w/ PF
**Land Raider-240
-DP

Vindicator-145
-DP

Vindicator-145
-DP

1500/1500

PM are wonderful with Plasmaguns. Simply because, oh I fail my armor save, feel no pain, oh wonderful he lives on. Usually i load them out with only Plasma. I leave the tans and such for my Obliterators to crack wreck and eat. Then I shoot the nice little pieces into nothing with my PM and clean up with my Zerkers.

P.S.
Our Vindicators are Pimp. Use them since they have to hit you with a 3 or higher on the chart and with armor 13 thats hard.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 02:38 PM

Not bad, but splitting up your specials is. The reasoning being that if you miss with one weapon at your intended target i.e a tank, then you have to use the second squd to try and hit with the other one. Then you have wasted 2 units firing at one vehicle who could have potentialy fired at a second target ( say an infantry squad) and have inflicted some heavy casulties. its just an issue of redundancy. Also for 1 sqaud of zerks, give the champ a power weapon and melta bombs instead of the fist. it will be better AT, though not agasint walkers, but if your playing agaisnt dread heavy walkers you got other issies to deal with. let your pm's deal with Mc's and walkers, agaisnt normal troops furious charge with a power weapons keeps you with superior numbers in close combat.

George S Patton.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode