1850 Competative List C&C welcome - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Default 1850 Competative List C&C welcome

A variation on thhe last list i ran for a tourney did kind of well ecept my last roound lsot to Ig Mech with a few play mistakes, mostly missing anti tank weaponry in mass.

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

1k sons x10 -362
Sorc w/ wind of chaos
Rhino w/ havoc launcher and e. armor

1k Sons x10 -362
Sorc w/ Wind of chaos
Rhino w/ Havoc launcher and e. armor

Plauge marines x7 - 291
A. champ w/ p. fist and melta bombs
Melta x2

Vindicator -165
Demonic possesion
havoc launcher

Vindicator -165
Demonic possesion
havoc launcher

Defiler -150

Total 1845

Potenntialy thinking 2 oblits over the defiler since i have havoc launchers on every thing. have really good anti horde. plauge marines serve as a good intermediary objective holder with annti tank and ani big thngs. the Dp's are a good fire distraction and great in cc. let me know what you thhink.

No one ever defended anythign successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S Patton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 07:27 PM

Chaosveteran's Flag is: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titankiller17 View Post
A variation on thhe last list i ran for a tourney did kind of well ecept my last roound lsot to Ig Mech with a few play mistakes, mostly missing anti tank weaponry in mass.

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

1k sons x10 -362
Sorc w/ wind of chaos
Stay in theme, make them in 9s. In addition, give your sorc bolt of Tz, as you want them to be sitting behind blasting away.

1k Sons x10 -362
Sorc w/ Wind of chaos
Rhino w/ Havoc launcher and e. armor
Same as above

Plauge marines x7 - 291
A. champ w/ p. fist and melta bombs
Melta x2
Skeptical of the havoc launcher here - not needed if the PMs will be cruising around the table. If they're supposed to be static, then ok.

Vindicator -165
Demonic possesion
havoc launcher

Vindicator -165
Demonic possesion
havoc launcher
Drop havoc launcher on both your vindis - whats the point if you would want to shoot your demolisher cannon all the time.

Defiler -150
Personally i like defilers, give them 4 CCW and hes good to go!

Total 1845

Potenntialy thinking 2 oblits over the defiler since i have havoc launchers on every thing. have really good anti horde. plauge marines serve as a good intermediary objective holder with annti tank and ani big thngs. the Dp's are a good fire distraction and great in cc. let me know what you thhink.
Fun list otherwise, though you'd be pressed in CC once your DPs are swamped...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 07:32 PM

johnnymajic's Flag is: Canada

I would free up some points by dropping the havoc launchers and the extra armor on all the vehicles, especially the rhino's. Rhino's are meant to be cheap, and the more points you invest in a transport, the less points you have for the real killy stuff. I would also drop the melta bombs on the plague marine champ. He has a powerfist, and the squad has 2 meltas, that should be more than enough to take out armor.

If you're going to take a tzeentch demon prince, then you may as well use one of its biggest advantages and take 2 powers. My favorite load out for a tzeentch prince, is warptime (which you have) and wind of chaos. Cast warptime at the beginning of the turn and now you have a re-rollable flame template that inflicts instant wounds on 4+, and you can still have the charge. In order to make this happen, you'll have to free up some points.

I'm guessing that you like t sons, so i'm not going to tell you to drop them, as they do have their uses. One critique though are the sorcerors. They have wind of chaos, which is a template power, the last thing you want is your thousand sons to be close enough to use a template, because if they are, it means they're close enough to be assaulted. Sure they have good enough staying power, but their use is with their ap3 bolters. I would suggest the power (can't remember the name) that is an 18" assault 3 ap3 shooting attack, this way you get a few more ap3 shots and you're out of assault range

Your plague marine load out is perfect, once again, just drop the melta bombs

Your heavy support looks good. Just one word of advice, 2 oblits are far better than a lone defiler. Obliterators can be meq/teq, anti armor, can get cover saves and are far less likely to be pointed out due to their smaller size.

With a few small changes i think your list could be quite deadly. I hope this helped and good luck

EDIT: curse you chaosveteran , it seem's i am too slow of a typer

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 07:38 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

If mech is a problem take Bolt of Change along with Warptime on your x2 Daemon Princes.

Also add warptime to your sorcerers, this means they are deadly in CC against Meq and MC's and give them each 5pt Meltabombs, this way if a dreadnought tries to ruin your squads day you can re-roll tht melta attack against it with the sorcerer.

Also drop a vindicator and add a triple lascannon predator or an Autocannon, Lascannon, Havoc Launcher one, for extra medium and heavy vehicle killyness.

Finally won't you reconsider the plague marines and create a themed army instead? Maybe 10 CSM Champion, Powerfist, Combi-Flamer with IOT x2 Melta guns, Rhino and EA?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Well i acctualy have a 3rd 9 man squad of 1k sons, the problem with themed for tzeench is they have very big flaws, such as the inability to kill in close combat, thought that is why i use Wind. Ithe original version of this list i did have Blot of change (johhnny the power you are reffering too is Doombolt, assault 3 St 4 ap 3)

Okay so will make the following changes,

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

Demon prince -175
Wings
Mark of tzeench
Warptime

1k sons x10 -352
Sorc w/ wind of chaos and melta bombs
Rhino w/ havoc launcher

1k Sons x10 -352
Sorc w/ Wind of chaos and Melta bombbs
Rhino w/ Havoc launcher

Plauge marines x7 - 271
A. champ w/ p. fist
Melta x2
Rhino w/ e. armor

Vindicator -150
Demonic possesion

Vindicator -150
Demonic possesion

Obliterator cult x3 -225

total: 1850

The reasoning is this; wind on thhe sorcs is becasue i know that my unit is goiing to get in assault. its plain fact and they are probaly gonna get charged with a rhino. so i have the oblits to smash transports forcing the unit inside to get out then i have a flamer that dosnt allow armor of cover saves to hit them with and then to charge whats left with the 1k sons, plus their movemet is too unreliable to beable to maneuver properly once a unit is threatening it with an assault, this way i ahve the ability to at lest potentialy couunter the assault with a devastating shooting phase followed by a slightly competent assult phase.. This way i have a counter to the strategy. their job is to hold objectives and that i belive they can do with this setup. the reason i have 10 is i would be 50 points shy and nothing worth while to spend it on. The reason for thhe plauge marines is that unfortunatly tzeench themed lsits do lack in a rock solid unit that can do virtualy everything. My army construciton i buolt in its whole mass (that being now around 3000+ points) to be a Glory to chaos undivided. i have something frome very god but slanesh sinc i have zerkers in the army fluff wise it dosn't fit. but I utilize the strengths of everythign with tzeench at the forefront as the grand leader. I know 3 oblits ios a bit over but i like havng the extra protection, yes it normaly will be a moot point but in those times where i get unlucky witht the dice that 3rd shot might just save the day.

Also mark of tzeench only alows you to choose anadditonal power, so i cant warptime and wind in the same turn i am still limited to one a turn. tzeench got hit with the nerf bat this time around.

No one ever defended anythign successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
George S Patton.

Last edited by Titankiller17; 11-11-10 at 08:18 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 10:23 PM

johnnymajic's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Also mark of tzeench only alows you to choose anadditonal power, so i cant warptime and wind in the same turn i am still limited to one a turn. tzeench got hit with the nerf bat this time around.
you may be right with this, but every time I've used the warptime/wind tzeench prince, I've used warptime at the very beginning of the turn, and then winds during the shooting phase. No one has ever told me this is illegal and i play against some very veteran players who know their stuff. Just to be safe though, I'd check the faq.

EDIT: The csm faq says that a monstorous creature, can use 2 psychic power in the same turn that count as shooting attacks. So you can use warptime in the beginning of your turn, and then winds. Or you can use both in the shooting phase, it's totally up to you. For proof here's the faq link that i used

http://www.innercirclegamingclub.com...05_Edition.pdf

Last edited by johnnymajic; 11-11-10 at 10:31 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 10:36 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:

Yes you can, it specifically says the Mark/Icon of Tzeentch always you to use two powers per turn. The only restriction is you can't use the same shooting power twice, so no two Bolt of Changes but one Bolt of Change and Doombolt.

So you can definately use Warptime and then use Bolt of Change or Wind of Chaos. That's a guarantee.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 01:56 AM

Argitist's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I really like bolt of change, and it's great for pop-ing enemy transports so you can ap 3 them to death. As well, it would give your sorcerer something to do at 24 inches. Though, I understand what you mean with the template... (though still think bolt's better...) >.>

But more importantly, now that you know you can use two psycic powers with the DP's drop a t-son in each squad for 43 points, then gain 10 more because the vindies are 145 not 150 and you can give both DP's Bolt of Chaos. Which 2 re-rolling bolt's is definitely gonna pop some stuff.

Which makes me want to ask: Warptime says re-roll hit and wound, so could the DP's only re-roll the to-hit against vehicles, as next would be a pen test, or is there something in the vehicle section that counts pens as wounding?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 02:10 AM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitist View Post
Which makes me want to ask: Warptime says re-roll hit and wound, so could the DP's only re-roll the to-hit against vehicles, as next would be a pen test, or is there something in the vehicle section that counts pens as wounding?
Thats correct, they only get to re-roll their to-hit against vehicles, after that its a whole other ball game that warptime doesn't cover in any way. Still pretty good for 25pts though.

I agree drop those squads down to 8 Thousand Sons + 1 Sorcerer, don't bother with Wind of Chaos as you'll use it as most once maybe twice a game and its just to situational, take Warptime instead, so much better and means if you get stuck in combat the squad often wins because of its great 4++ save.

Don't take Bolt of Change on Sorcerers though as they would waste the squads Ap3 bolters for an entire turn and all for a 50/50 chance of doing something, instead take it on those 2 warptime princes for re-rolling fun and you can also charge a unit you expose after destroying their rhino/transport.

Still don't like two vindicators, scatter is a harsh mistress, I prefer 1 pred in there, but thats a personal opinion I guess.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 02:44 AM

Argitist's Flag is: USA

Oh! I like the warptime on the sorcerer's idea. They only get 2 pw attacks, and maximizing them could even the fight. Plus it would even work with his pistol.

But I don't know how that'd actually turn out, *sigh* kinda liking the template now...

But diffidently, trading a T-son for a bolt on a DP is a solid plan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode