Chaos, I don't get it, help this poor fool. - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sullen One View Post
When they come to write the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, and Websters for that matter, your name, LordWaffles, is going to be the definition of arrogance.
I'd have gone with Delusional myself.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 09:47 PM

Bloodcuddler of Khorne's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
God bless you ignore function
One last bit to add to the argument before I proceed to drop it: We should also probably not assume he will only be fighting Space Marines, since the whole point of this campaign he's playing this army in is to get the players in it to try armies they've never used. If they're like most warhammer player communities then odds are most of them play Space Marines of some kind, which would mean that for these games they CAN'T.

Of course, for that specific reason, among my group of friends we only have one person with Space Wolves and me with Chaos Marines, and nobody else even considers Marines of any kind just so they can be different. But anyway....

Here's some of my list ideas.

500:
Daemon Prince (Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Gift of Chaos)
Chaos Marines x5 (Mark of Tzeentch, Flamers x2, Rhino)
Chaos Marines x5 (Mark of Tzeentch, Flamers x2, Rhino)

Total: 500

I'll work in Thousand Sons at higher points, but I just don't see a good way to get them in there at 500. And while I said before that I'd use GoC at higher point costs, someone brilliant on here (forgot who, don't feel like wading through all the arguing) pointed out that the ability to create more guys would probably be utterly devastating in a low point game. If possible, I would fire one Gift at a guy that's particularly scary for some reason, and one at the lowest T enemy in range to try and make some spawn.

You could exchange the two Flamers for a single Meltagun if you want, but at low points I'm guessing the Prince will be enough to deal with whatever vehicles you come across. And if that doesn't work you can always ram them, lol

750:
Daemon Prince (Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Gift of Chaos)
Thousand Sons x9 (Bolt of Change, Rhino [TL Bolter])
Chaos Marines x9 (Mark of Tzeentch, Meltaguns x2, Rhino [TL Bolter])

Total: 749

If you want you could exchange Bolt of Change for Warptime on the Prince, since the point cost is exactly the same. I personally would go with Bolt because A) It exploits the benefit of Mark of Tzeentch that allows for multiple psychic powers in a turn, since an MC can shoot two ranged weapons, B) It gives you something to do while you're making your way up to the enemy, and C) It's more Tzeentchy. (IMPORTANT NOTE: The 1K Sons Sorcerer CAN'T do this with Bolt, but could with any powers that don't count as shooting!)

Normally for Rhino weapons I say havocs or nothing, but I couldn't find any better place to spend 10 points. If you want to have fewer points invested in your Prince, you could swap Gift of Chaos for Doombolt, then swap the TL Bolters for Havoc Launchers.

1000:
Thousand Sons x9 (Doombolt, Meltabombs, Rhino)
Thousand Sons x9 (Doombolt, Meltabombs, Rhino)

Total: 998

OR

1000:
Thousand Sons x9 (Bolt of Change, Rhino)
Chaos Marines x9 (Mark of Tzeentch, Missile Launcher)

Total: 998

I wasn't sure if you would want more Troops at this point or another Prince. If you really want those vanilla marines to be mobile you could drop Gift, pick cheaper powers for the Sorcerers, swap the Missile Launcher and give them a Rhino if you really want to on the second one, though personally I'd just sit them on a home objective.

Then again, personally I'd go with the top list anyway. By this point your enemies have probably learned to fear your Prince and will have the points to invest in things to take him down, so having two should help there. That and more bolts = more Tzeentchy :D

1250:
Predator (Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher)
Predator (Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher)

Total: 1248

OR

1250:
Chaos Marines x9 (Mark of Tzeentch, Meltaguns x2, Rhino)

Total: 1248

Again, wasn't sure how important having more Troops was to you.

I was VERY tempted to throw in Obliterators instead of those Preds, but they don't really fit Thousand Sons fluff that well. They hate mutation, after all, and the only way to get something more mutated than an Obliterator is Possessed. Plus, it might just be my horrible luck, but for me personally my Obliterators and Terminators ALWAYS die in a single shooting phase.

Anyway, hope this helped.

There. Done editting. I hope.

Last edited by Bloodcuddler of Khorne; 09-25-10 at 10:31 PM.
post #83 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 11:09 PM
Halloween Town

jondoe297's Flag is: England

The only thing I would say is 9 csm squads cant have two special weapons in them! Plus I think more should be made of the nilla cc potential, throw a PF in the squad! But I like where the lists are going! I think using nilla marines with the MoT is the best bet with t-sons as support units!

post #84 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sullen One View Post
When they come to write the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, and Websters for that matter, your name, LordWaffles, is going to be the definition of arrogance.
The definition will be "Those who accepted any challenge, no matter the odds, may earn this prestigious title"

Besides, I'm god-damned awesome.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #85 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 01:33 AM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWaffles View Post
The definition will be "Those who accepted any challenge, no matter the odds, may earn this prestigious title" Besides, I'm god-damned awesome.
i appreciate that i no longer have to take you seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
God bless you ignore function
ditto.

don't let what any one has said about your list discourage you from your idea. i know for a fact non-Lash builds win games because i've seen different players win with different builds at different stores. and yeah, those builds have won tourneys.

the idea that there is only one perfect build for CSM (or any army in 40K really) is stupid, and certainly not true. mathhammer and theoryhammer be damned, i believe what i've seen more.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...

Last edited by Inquisitor Malaclypse; 09-26-10 at 01:42 AM.
post #86 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 01:53 AM

Kurrent's Flag is: USA

I'm just having fun as well, I enjoy a good argument. One could easily say that this entire discussion is valid or invalid, however neither equate truth. I would like to see where lord waffles will prove that every unit will have a cover save 100% of the time in 100% of world wide games played. They again, it would depend on how he defined unit, cover, etc. Could one say that 50% of my squad if covered by the other 50% if I played them is a solid block? I mean you can't see at least 50% of my units in the squad with TLOS because the first people in line obviously block LOS to the ones behind them. -add in sarcastic comment here- That must be how he explains 100% of units have 100% cover, but then what about MC's and vehicles? they aren't in squdrons all the time so how do they benefit from this same measure...

Either way MoT armies can be competitive such as the one IntereoVivo just posted above. I've seen others slightly different, but that list smashes faces quite well.

post #87 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 08:25 AM

Bloodcuddler of Khorne's Flag is: USA

Whoops! I always run my CSMs in 10s so often that I keep forgetting about that. Aw well, minor adjustment.

The only problem is getting a champion, and then a pfist in it, is 40 points. I kept trying but I couldn't find anything I wanted to take the points out of.

EDIT:

I know I said I was done arguing, but I just have to say this....

"Those who accepted any challenge, no matter the odds"? From the person arguing that you have to mathhammer through the odds or you suck? I smell a bit of hypocrisy.

Okay then, how about this for a challenge... at your next tournament, play CSM, but do not take a single lash or warptime prince, plague marine, berserker, chosen or obliterator. If you want to prove that you're not just full of it and actually have skill beyond the ability to use a calculator, see how you do with what you consider crap.

Last edited by Bloodcuddler of Khorne; 09-26-10 at 09:05 AM.
post #88 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 11:27 AM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

I hope to God your not asking me to NOT run Berserkers?

That would just be a pointless request

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #89 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 12:11 PM

Flame80010's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
I hope to God your not asking me to NOT run Berserkers?

That would just be a pointless request
nah he was talking to waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
Don't do it. If you find yourself thinking "Gee, I wish I had a Power Fist right about now" while playing IG, you did something wrong.
post #90 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 05:29 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

actually with my thousand sons i find its best to use units you wouldn't nrmally think of. for a 1000 point game i rock the following:

Chaos Sorcerer - mark of tzeentch, warptime, winds - 185

9 thousand sons- winds -274
rhino- havoc Launcher - 50

9 thousand sons - doom bolt - 254
rhino - havoc launcher - 50

Predator - twin linked lascannon, lascannon sponsons, deamonic possession - 185

this was my last tourney army , well the one before the doubles tourney where i took nids, and i came in 2nd due to a tactical mistake, not a fault of the army. i walked away with 2 massacre's and a major victory instead of a massacre because i forgot to finish off a one man unit in KP.

Ave Dominae Nox

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode