Chaos, I don't get it, help this poor fool. - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

back on topic guys, Tzeentch demands focus!

the games i'll be playing will be 500, 750, 1000, 1250 in that order.

Currently trying to build the 500pt force so baninging on about "10 of this for nearly 300 points" isn't really helpful at the moment.

And having run the maths on the God specific squads, the difference in number of men is negligible (not so much at low points granted, but still not really worth arguing about)

So, the topic.

is there an improvement on the below in 500. Remember the rules, the Tsons have to be included.

= DP + MoT, wings, gift
= 5 Tsons + wind of chaos, rhino (yeah I know doombolt rocks, but I see Wind being a game winner when there's not a lot on the table)
= 5 Undivided, melta, rhino

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 01:00 PM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
= DP + MoT, wings, gift
= 5 Tsons + wind of chaos, rhino (yeah I know doombolt rocks, but I see Wind being a game winner when there's not a lot on the table)
= 5 Undivided, melta, rhino
I like that. The only thing I would change would be Gift of Chaos to Warptime. Really though, that is just preference.

post #43 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntereoVivo View Post
So, I know I should be letting shaantitus answer this, but I'm bored.

No one. "11 'Zerkers" don't fit in a Rhino. Oh, and statistically, 8 rapid-firing TSons will kill more guys then an 8 man 'Zerk squad with a PF Champ. Don't believe me? Check it out-->TSons/Zerks
You forgot that this is coverhammer 40k, so subtract half of those kills on the tzeentch bolter side. Also you should factor in the zerkers firing pistols beforehand.
Plus you forgot that if the tzeentch marines get tagged by a walker they have little hope of ever stopping it in combat, and they cost way more then the zerks.

But I'll humor you with two ten man squads in realistic conditions:
Tsons shooting: (Marines in cover)
18 shots -> 9 hits -> 5 wounds -> 3 die(Or out of cover, five die)
Zerk assaulting: (Marines in cover)
36 swings -> 24 hits -> 16 wounds -> 5 die

I'm confused where you got your numbers, against marines Zerks rock face, five marines die before they swing, then you get four swings with a powerfist, three of which hit. The zerks are also LESS EXPENSIVE than the tsons.

Quote:
Actually, 95.841 points a turn. That is, assuming the Sorcerer survives. And that each Battlecannon gets 5 hits, which, at 2" coherency, is unlikely. Link
So you keep your tsons out of rhinos or in them? Outside of rhinos you -could- statistically form a 2" gunline, but you'd be hard pressed to in realistic conditions, so he'll net about three/four a turn with the cannon. Or all of them if he just popped the rhino and you're trying to avoid being assaulted.
I mean really, ten tsons at 2" coherancy is twenty inches of "ASSAULT MEEEE". I'd weep tears of joy if I saw such an expensive line of dudes, all ready to get their faces kicked in.

Quote:
You called it, we didn't.
While I won't use the term "Tzeentchian wankfest 2010" I will make mention that in a tournament setting, nobody uses anything tzeentch outside of the dp of warptime(Good call on that).

I mean if you're just playing friendly games, more power to you.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

post #44 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

waffles stop assuming your opponent is always going to be in cover. This will played in a store, where multiple tables will be requiring the use of the store's limited terrain anyway, not to mention if you DO use lash you can drag them out of it anyway.

post #45 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 05:34 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

But his point is your NOT using lash.

Which is another addition to MY point that Tzeentch sucks :3

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #46 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 05:34 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

This is a good Tzeentchian based list. Winds may be an unexpected win for you.

I'd say CC lists, IG Vendetta lists (or blob), and MC heavy lists could hurt you.

That beiing said I'd consider the S8 psyker power (Bolt of Change? Don't have my codex on me) for more range. Winds does give you a better chance to glance and good chances to wound high Toughness creatures but you're lacking range. Just a thought.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #47 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Malaclypse View Post
you're lacking range. Just a thought
Yeah, this is my main concern, I'm hoping as the first game will be so small it won't be objective based so my opponent's will be more mobile.

first test game this week to see if my idea pans out

Last edited by Whizzwang; 09-24-10 at 05:50 PM.
post #48 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 06:13 PM

Bloodcuddler of Khorne's Flag is: USA

As the guy that started the Gift kick, I agree with Vivo on the power change. I'd save Gift until you're playing with more points, so you can afford to take Gift as a second power.

While Warptime is amazing for a DP, you could put Winds on the prince instead and Bolt on the sorcerer. That will give you range on the guy you don't want close enough for template attacks anyway, plus, again, the DP can do it twice. MCs can fire two ranged weapons, after all. They would have to be against the same target, so they could remove models to make the second blast not quite as cool, but still.
post #49 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 07:32 PM

Zaden's Flag is: Canada

Honestly if you look at building you DP for all comers on all tables, warptime is the only power that will come in handy 100% of the time. Assaulting all vehicles including heavy?..warptime up. Assaulting any infantry, including heavy?..warptime up..and then warptime up again in your opponents CC phase. The problem with putting anything with range on a DP is that you want to be running every shooting phase to get this beast into combat. Worried about survivability?..give it MoN. MoT seems like a good choice, but mass fire from low AP weapons is going to take you out easily. Higher toughness from MoN means those pea shooters are going to be bouncing off of you much more often. Your opponent will be forced to use his high str low AP weapons on you which saves your tanks/Oblits.

Wind of Chaos is nice, but I would only take it on a MoT DP, after I have taken warptime. And the worry with this build is that it will kill too much of the squad before it assaults, due to re-rolling WoC wornds as well, either leaving nothing in assault range, or ending combat in your turn leaving your opponent to shoot at you in his.

Best to leave Daemon Princes cheap and effective; 155 for unmarked WT DP, 160 for a MoS WT DP, or 175 for Mon WT DP. He will either soak up a bunch of fire, or decimate heavy targets. It doesn't take great generalship to easily make this guys points back.

Click to feed! =)
post #50 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 09:04 PM

I can tell you that, in small point games, the more havoc you can cause in hand-to-hand combat, the better. Warptime and wings on any DP (mark or not) is going to be able to severely disrupt anything almost any opponent can throw at you. I would go that route for sure.

A baby seal walked into a club.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode