Chaos, I don't get it, help this poor fool. - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrent View Post
I'm just having fun as well, I enjoy a good argument. One could easily say that this entire discussion is valid or invalid, however neither equate truth. I would like to see where lord waffles will prove that every unit will have a cover save 100% of the time in 100% of world wide games played.
If you can't physically obscure a unit of infantry, you either just deep striked, played a gamble that failed, or are just bad. Period. Seeing that I can always manage to get my troops into cover, I now challenge you to do the same.

Instead of rallying cries of "HAX" why not try to accomplish that which I put forward. I tried the tson armies when they were new, and knew them to be false hopes, now instead of hearsay, why not try my way before invalidating it the way I tried yours so long ago?

Quote:
but then what about MC's and vehicles? they aren't in squdrons all the time so how do they benefit from this same measure...
It's all about sizing up the field and running duplicate units of the same height. DPs can draw cover from rhino chassis, obliterators(if posed right) and larger tanks(raiders). Vehicles do the same thing, vindicators can get cover from advancing rhinos, predators can shoot the turret over the rhinos while gaining cover, and land raiders can obscure each other if you have three and one's in the lead.

It'd be more decisive with pictures, true, but you get my point.

Quote:
Either way MoT armies can be competitive such as the one IntereoVivo just posted above. I've seen others slightly different, but that list smashes faces quite well.
The only face smashing I've seen by Tson armies is when they smash their own face into the table, repeatedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodcuddler of Khorne View Post
EDIT:

I know I said I was done arguing, but I just have to say this....

"Those who accepted any challenge, no matter the odds"? From the person arguing that you have to mathhammer through the odds or you suck? I smell a bit of hypocrisy.
Before you go on to quote supposed hypocrisy, you should make note not to do it yourself(IE: Running back into an argument for last minute mud slinging)

Second, it's a quote from a same-strength codex(Black Templar) it lacks the lash, oblits, plagues, and chosen. Everything is relied on either infantry or land raiders, so it forces you to find cover or die. By playing a statistically weaker army, I find my skill at the game is much more improved by tournament time. Conversely I ditch all the mathematically weaker armies at tourny time so I can rock face.(Fun for fun competitive for competitive).

The quote represents the only usable special rule the codex uses. I find it paramount to this discussion, hence why I used it. By not using the "AACNMTO" you become a better player by being forced to fight for every inch, but at tournament time you pick up a good list with that rule in play and rock face.

In short, play the worse codexes during the off season, don't gimp yourself on the big games.

And armies that fail mathhammer generally do suck

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

Last edited by LordWaffles; 09-26-10 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 10:25 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWaffles View Post
If you can't physically obscure a unit of infantry, you either just deep striked, played a gamble that failed, or are just bad. Period. Seeing that I can always manage to get my troops into cover, I now challenge you to do the same.

Instead of rallying cries of "HAX" why not try to accomplish that which I put forward. I tried the tson armies when they were new, and knew them to be false hopes, now instead of hearsay, why not try my way before invalidating it the way I tried yours so long ago?

It's all about sizing up the field and running duplicate units of the same height. DPs can draw cover from rhino chassis, obliterators(if posed right) and larger tanks(raiders). Vehicles do the same thing, vindicators can get cover from advancing rhinos, predators can shoot the turret over the rhinos while gaining cover, and land raiders can obscure each other if you have three and one's in the lead.

It'd be more decisive with pictures, true, but you get my point.

The only face smashing I've seen by Tson armies is when they smash their own face into the table, repeatedly.

Before you go on to quote supposed hypocrisy, you should make note not to do it yourself(IE: Running back into an argument for last minute mud slinging)

Second, it's a quote from a same-strength codex(Black Templar) it lacks the lash, oblits, plagues, and chosen. Everything is relied on either infantry or land raiders, so it forces you to find cover or die. By playing a statistically weaker army, I find my skill at the game is much more improved by tournament time. Conversely I ditch all the mathematically weaker armies at tourny time so I can rock face.(Fun for fun competitive for competitive).

The quote represents the only usable special rule the codex uses. I find it paramount to this discussion, hence why I used it. By not using the "AACNMTO" you become a better player by being forced to fight for every inch, but at tournament time you pick up a good list with that rule in play and rock face.

In short, play the worse codexes during the off season, don't gimp yourself on the big games.

And armies that fail mathhammer generally do suck
i quote this as a way of saying WTF to everyone involved in this retarded argument. not only does none of this help the original poster but it doesn't even deal with the original posting subject matter. can we get back on topic please instead of listening and indulging the rantings of people who wish to infight. or i can start reporting people to mods.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #93 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-26-10, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko515 View Post
i quote this as a way of saying WTF to everyone involved in this retarded argument. not only does none of this help the original poster but it doesn't even deal with the original posting subject matter. can we get back on topic please instead of listening and indulging the rantings of people who wish to infight. or i can start reporting people to mods.
Already reported, perhaps a new thread entitled "Successfully tried tson lists" should be made?

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

post #94 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-27-10, 02:39 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWaffles View Post
Already reported, perhaps a new thread entitled "Successfully tried tson lists" should be made?
THAT sounds like a plan!

Ave Dominae Nox

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode