New Army. Back to Chaos. Pure 1K Sons - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-25-10, 11:11 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

DP, tzeentch, wings, warptime, Wind of Chaos 205

8 sons, sorcerer, doombolt, rhino 299
8 Tsons, sorcerer, Gift of Chaos (GoC), rhino 314
8 sons, sorcerer, doombolt, rhino 299

Oblits x2 150
Oblits x3 225

DP that can deal with Armore/Infatry .... check.
3 Troop choices.... check.
Adaptable HS.... check.

Your DP can always use WoC before assault, and WT during the Assault. Since MoT allows you to get a 4+ save and use two powers a turn.

The Two Doom Bolt Squads shoot your opponet up. The GoC unit moves with them for CC support. Its better then WoC if someone tries to asualt you or if your Rhino makes it close to the Enemy. Either way if any sqaud or IC is in your 6" Range cast GoC. Also thanks to MoT you can cast it twice if it fails the first time or to make 2 Spawn instead of 1. Now your crappy CC TSons dont look so bad when they have 2 Spawns fighting the same enemy. Helps out alot if this squad move with a Doombolt squad.

Finnaly Oblits. Buy one box of Termies. purchase or use 5 TSons heads or Sorcerous looking Heads. Get some Green Stuff. You do this 2 ways. 1) use the TSons heads and Greenstuff the Combi weapons and whatever Meltas, Plasma, Reaper Cannon, Ect. onto their arms as Warp Flesh. 2) U could use Sorcerous looking Head bits and use Icon or Staff in the Termies Gun hands as Staffs or channeling devices, and count the Powerful Sorceror Termies as Oblits. Summoning Warp Power (TW Meltas, Plasma Cannon, Las, PF) to deal with any foe. Ethier way its Fluffy, Cheaper, and very much needed Long Range than 3 Vindis.

Last edited by Warlock in Training; 05-25-10 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 04:57 PM

Malgron's Flag is: Canada

I have been pondering the GoC technique and want to give it a shot myself. This is what I have come up with:

It is great for rhino rushing compared to the shooty powers, get out and rapid fire and use the following melee as a "spawning" pool. With a supporting BoC squad this could be quite nice.

A tzeentch DP with wings and BoC and GoC could just end his movement near an assault and help out a squad next turn with a spawn then move on and fire elsewhere with a BoC

This brought me to a Tzeentch Sorcerer on Steed or jumppack/wings. Attached to a squad of raptors with melta and LC champ. Having this character in assault is risky buisness, so don't! Advance with the raptors but break coherency during movement before assaulting a target with raptors. He can chill there out of combat next turn and create a spawn. Then, move 12" and fire BoC 24" at something while landing near another assault for a next turn Spawn. DP could do this but would find it harder to jump around without getting bogged into assault. Bike could do similar.

Creating 3 spawn a game will gain you 120 points of free T5 wounds (lascannons and powerfists be damned), while taking away possibly 3 expensive models from an enemy and tying his unit up.

That might be for a higher points game so I would say Warlock in Training's strategy is sound.

Edit: seriously, being able to remove that 1 melee weapon that can harm PM from a squad they are in assault with, they would be immortal. Each spawn will role independently for movement so multiples could be flying around after that assault, tying things up like crazy

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution. -Primus

Last edited by Malgron; 05-26-10 at 05:23 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

I like the idea and the tactic has merits. I will have to try it out at some point though right now just figuring out how the list works is top priority. New to the army and out of pocket with the game so need to relearn the basics I guess.

On a related note what are the opinions on taking Terminators with MoT? I would want to take 8 regular and the champ for the sacred number. I realize that Termicides seem to be the rage but I like cult numbers. They are pricey but could be a welcome addition the list. A few icons on the troops help with DS options, and they can bring some much needed AT to the list.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 10:47 PM

No to termies DS. BIG no to Termies in High Numbers DS. DS termies with no Icon is fatal. DS with Icon is taticaly inflexible. You have no way of Gauranteeing the Termies will show up when you need them. When they do Show up they shoot and thats all, that makes them easy tergets. Termies have no Assault Gernades, thus all those units in cover will hit (and most likely) rape the Termies unless your packing all PF in which case is VERY expensive. So 9 Termies with MoT and PF is costing half your army and you cant gaurantee when they arrive or where they will end up. Dont do it, even from a fun view its going to be to much fun when you lose on turn 3-4 cos half you Pts died from a mishap or never showed at all. Plus they cant even Sweep Advance. Its just awful, and a bad Moral Check means they can go running. Dont do it , think of the children.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

So I am getting that you think they are a bad idea.

Well perhaps back to the drawing board. Am I to assume that the Termicide is the only terminator option that is considered viable.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 04:29 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubnutz View Post
...what are the opinions on taking Terminators with MoT? I would want to take 8 regular and the champ for the sacred number....
As you like sacred numbers, I assume that you are not looking to build the ultimate power list. I am therefore less negative about this than Warlock-in-Training.

The psychological impact of nine Terminators is quite large on most people at the having fun level.

This will probably cause them to attempt to overkill the unit, rather than rely on killing enough to break their morale; with nine models to kill and the 2+/4+ save this will probably use up more fire-power than should have been used.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 04:37 PM

Malgron's Flag is: Canada

Edit: Dave t is right, a large squad with MoT is pretty resilient, if just hard to place.

The termicide can get off that nice shot on something, but will likely die afterwards. If you have no fear, try out a Multi-melta dread or something. I would consider it fluffy, and some of those FW dreads look badass.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution. -Primus

Last edited by Malgron; 05-27-10 at 04:44 PM.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

I think that the dread is also an option. I have been looking at the FW ones. I am mostly looking for the have fun option. So I will try the Terminators and see what happens.

I will ekep you posted.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

I actually have been looking at this list as well and it might work and be a lot of fun.

basically the idea was to run
DP as above with WT and BoC wings

3 Squads of rubrics at the magic number of 9 in rhinos with icons
Squad of lesser demons also numbering 9
Dread with ML and Lascannon
Dread with ML and Plasma Cannon.

Gives me range support and loads of troops, well loads for the TSons anyway. Also provides a great excuse to buy 2 of the FW dreads and extra bits. Of course if they freak out the pain will happen but when they shoot they will be a terror down field. This is for the 1500 level. I still want to add some Terminators to the mix and will play around with them as well.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
As you like sacred numbers, I assume that you are not looking to build the ultimate power list. I am therefore less negative about this than Warlock-in-Training.

The psychological impact of nine Terminators is quite large on most people at the having fun level.

This will probably cause them to attempt to overkill the unit, rather than rely on killing enough to break their morale; with nine models to kill and the 2+/4+ save this will probably use up more fire-power than should have been used.
Im not being negative at all. If you want to do it then do it, but Im sure spending $100 on Termies that run or die easily every game is no fun after a few games. Im just forwarning the man of a taticaly bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubnutz View Post
I actually have been looking at this list as well and it might work and be a lot of fun.

basically the idea was to run
DP as above with WT and BoC wings

3 Squads of rubrics at the magic number of 9 in rhinos with icons
Squad of lesser demons also numbering 9
Dread with ML and Lascannon
Dread with ML and Plasma Cannon.

Gives me range support and loads of troops, well loads for the TSons anyway. Also provides a great excuse to buy 2 of the FW dreads and extra bits. Of course if they freak out the pain will happen but when they shoot they will be a terror down field. This is for the 1500 level. I still want to add some Terminators to the mix and will play around with them as well.

Gub

This works better as a fun and "taticaly workable" army. The LD can show up and deal with any imeddiat CC threats. The Dreads should always be in front of your force (as the rules of 5th specify they can only aim 180 degrees infront of them when they go nutso) and mow down enemies till the Rubics get in range for double tapping.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode