>>>>Power Fist
>>Personal Icon
>>Rhino
>>>>Extra Armor

Heavy Support - 300
Oblitorators x2 - 150

Oblitorators x2 - 150

Total: 1500pts

I'm going to try out the lash. It sounds pretty good so I figure it's worth a shot. The guys at my shop recommended meltaguns for the PM squads so again, I'm going to give it a shot. I was going to use Kharn but i really feel like he's overpriced. I've used him and had had him get totally wrecked in close combat. Instead I'm using a sorcerer with another Lash. I'm pretty new to the game so tactic ideas and all that are all appreciated.

Last edited by Dorkus; 03-29-10 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-10, 01:56 AM
Handmaiden of Slaanesh

Deux's Flag is: USA

Very solid and very competitive list. The EA isn't really needed on the PM rhinos, maybe drop it for another body in a squad. Not really that important, but it's a thought. You could also give the 2 PM rhinos havoc launchers instead of EA. They are quite nifty and give the rhino a bit more use after dropping off their squad rather than just sitting with a bolter.

"If it doesn't feel wrong, you're not doing it right."
-Guide to Following Chaos.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-10, 02:56 AM

Hey there! While I personally reason that 1500 is not worth playing at, as there simply aren't enough units to play with, regardless of codex, it looks as if you have a good basis to go from.

Now, I checked the numbers right quick, and if you drop the PM squads to 5 man, drop the pfist champ (really not worth 40 pts), and get rid of the termicide squad, you will be able to put in a third choice of 3 Obliterators, or even squeeze in Kharn by switching him with the DP. The safety of the Rhinos with EA, coupled with one Lash, the insane assault ability of Kharn and a good squad of Zerks, then augmented with Oblits, will do quite well for this points level.

Have you considered Chaos Dreads? Their EA and Multi-Melta combination is quite successful.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-10, 05:12 PM

Frogthor's Flag is: Canada

I would stick with what you have, but take off the EA on the rhinos.

Please Click!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-10, 08:19 PM

I have about the same list, but I was wondering when I created mine: would this list not be vulnerable against larger number armies (Orks, Tyranids)?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-10, 09:17 PM

That depends on relative skill and list building ability of the 'Nid player, but the ability to keep entire squads of carnifexes, gaunts, or boyz hordes away, grants a large advantage to the Chaos player. Lash things out of synapse, keep boyz back, control the charge, and laugh at how many fearless wounds the Orks or Tyranids must take.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-10, 09:37 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

Follow all the advice that's been given and remember to put that Sorc. with the Zerkers.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 12:12 AM
Craw-Daddy

take out the terminators, practically useless. I guess you could hope you blow something up with those combi meltas, but weak both in close combat and range considering you only have three. I'd upgrade the rhinos with weapons and perhaps daemonic possession.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 06:45 AM

I love terminators, and have 25 of them... but they don't get used in anything less than 2000 points.

I'd go for some chosen with power weapons or melta/flamers, drop the terminators and sorceror.

I think Berzerkers are the absolute KINGS in a landraider! Thought about that?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-10, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Dorkus's Flag is: USA

Deux: Thanks, I think I will drop the EA on the PM Rhinos. I’ve never used the Havoc Launchers, actually, I hadn’t really even thought of it. If I have some extra points later I think I’m going to try it out.

Ishmael: Prettymuch everyone at my shop plays at 1500 and I really don’t think I could afford to go up to a higher point bracket. Lol. I actually used to run Kharn but I felt like he was not as impressive in combat as I had thought he was going to be. It actually really bums be out because he’s my favorite hero. I haven’t tried dreads but I think I’m going to try to keep Dreads and defilers out of my list.

Frogthor: Thanks for the comment, I think I will. At least, on the PM rhinos.

Tyrinian: I played orks last night and the army ran like a dream. I ended up taking out most of his army by turn 3 and he conceded. I have not had the chance to play against tyranids yet so I can’t tell you how it does against them. The army I’ve had the most trouble with do far has got to be Imperial Guard.

Inquisitor Malaclypse: Thanks man. I used the Sorc for the first time lastnight. That whip is sick.

Ckcrawford: I actually really like the terminators. They take out more points than they cost in almost every single game and can even do some damage in close combat if they make it that far. I was actually thinking of adding another squad of them if I could find the points.

Dillusion1979: I would LOVE to put my berzerkers in a land raider but I can’t afford it just yet. I’ve been looking around for a used one on craigslist or something but I haven’t found one yet. Once I get a land raider though, I definitely plan to add it to my list.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode