400 point Deathguard Tourney list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Broken Sword's Flag is: USA

Default 400 point Deathguard Tourney list

Alright, the FLGS here is running a back to back 400 point tourney. No models with more than 2 wounds, no save better than 3, must take one troop choice, HQ not necessary, no armor value higher than 33 (if you add the front value to the rear value to a side value).

This effectively takes a lot of choices away from CSM, but I think it could still be pretty nasty. Oh yeah and the mission types are the 5th edition standard played on small tables, maybe 36 by 36 or a little bigger.

My list looks like this right now:

5 Plague Marines 165
Melta
Flamer
Rhino

5 Plague Marines 165
Melta
Flamer
Rhino

This brings me to 330. My ideas for the next 70 points are split three ways

1) pay for 5 lesser daemons to gain the ability to take an objective or counter assault with 15 attacks on the charge. (most people will not be able to take 3 troop choices.

2) I could give each squad a champ with meltabombs and a havoc launcher on each rhino. (this would give me a ranged re-rolling template AND the ability to pop the enemies sentinels that will be there).

3) I could give each squad a champ with one powerfist and the other with power weapon.

Let me know what you think.

The society which seperates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking does by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 08:29 PM

Cleitus_the_Black's Flag is: Canada

I would say option 3.... CC is where you are headed anyways it seems, better to give yourself some punch. And the PF can deal with vehicles.... though countercharging daemons are an option...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 08:54 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Third option looks the best from those listed. I'd consider dropping a squad of PMs for Berzerkers for some extra chopping power. Champ with PF is still a must though.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 10:06 PM

Get an Obliterator :D...but you'll be 5 points over.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

violates the 'no save better than 3 rule'

The society which seperates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking does by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 02:29 AM

I know this isnt deathguard, but take noise marines with blast masters,

STR 8 ap 3 blast.... this is litterally the best scenario to take advantage of blast masters, not to mention IG failing Ld tests with those pesky sentinels!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

The tourney is tomarrow and I am taking the two squads each with a melta and a flamer. One champ with a fist and one with a power weapon, all in rhinos. Wish me luck.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-09, 12:58 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Fingers crossed mate.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-09, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Well, mission one, we rolled 4 objectives. He had three tactical squads. I rolled onto two objectives, burned and melta'd one squad down to a powerfist sgt and a single marine. I then whiffed in CC for two turns and got 5 PMs killed there and my rhinos went down to a plasma cannon before they could contest.

Mission two, narrowly won a deployment zone take-over match against CSM.

Mission three, fought Black Templars, he conceded after turn three, considered tabled for 4 kill points.

I tied for fourth and won a membership to the FLGS for a 5% discount on their (already discounted) stock, which is upgradable ($25 value) and a t-shirt.

Most importantly, I had a lot of fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode