Word Bearers - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Word Bearers

Ok this list has one unit from each god, and a lot of deamons.

Daemon Prince, Warp Time. 135

Possessed (5), Champion, Mark of Khorne. 170

Chaos Space Marines (10), Aspiring Champion, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Flamers x2, Mark of Slanessh, Rhino, Demonic Possession. 280

Chaos Space Marines (10), Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Mark of Nurgle. 225

Havoks (5), 2x Missile Launcher, 2x Lascannon, Mark of Tzeentch. 225

Summond Greater Deamon. 100

Summoned Lesser Deamons (20). 260

Summoned Lesser Deamons (8). 104

Total: 1,499

The slanessh unit goes forward in the rhino, with the possessed and the prince running behind them to support them, with the havocs and the nurgle squad hang back on an objective.

What changes could be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 02:55 PM

Primarch Lorgar's Flag is: USA

NICE! havocs has no "K"! Did you know that the daemon primarch lorgar is worshipped as the highest god by the word bearers!? The Lacrimosa is their holy book! (Look at my profile and signature!)

"And when the accused are confounded and confined to flames of woe, rejoice and call upon Me, your savior."
Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 03:18 PM

Bakx's Flag is: Philipines

nice theme going on here, Glory to Chaos undivided!!

i'm gonna go with your thing here(no "cult" marines just generic CSM with marks and LOTSA daemons), just make a few adjustments.

Havocs should go either all ML or all Lascannon. it determines what they should be shooting at.

take the Plasma Pistol from the Slaneeshi champ. he won't really need it if he's squad goes assaulting all the time.

remove Daemonic Possession on the Rhino. it's no really worth putting it there, besides EA should be enough.

give your possessed a Rhino. by removing DP on the other Rhino and the PP from the champ you should have enough points for it.

"I love it when a perfectly good plan gets ruined by another perfectly good plan"

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 05:16 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Erm... I thought Word Bearers use IoCG, but never mind that. Your icons aren't put in the right places IMHO.

Possessed->Tzeentch (give them a Rhino)
Havocs->Nurgle (Its not worth it to give Havocs LCs, give them MLs and you'll be fine.)
Flamer CSM->Khorne
Other CSM->Slaanesh (BTW these guys should have Meltas, you're weak in the anti-tank department)

Those Daemons need some balancing: 14-14 should be the best.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 09:53 PM

in the books I read about word bearers, (DARK APOSTLE & DARK ACOLYTE) they were daemon crazy!, and to my knowledge they had IoCG, bit I'm not sure!

"And when the accused are confounded and confined to flames of woe, rejoice and call upon Me, your savior."
Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 02:22 AM

Bakx's Flag is: Philipines

yeah I've read those books. they have a standard bearer named Burias Drak'shal who always carry the IoCG proudly and he's half possessed by a daemon.

"I love it when a perfectly good plan gets ruined by another perfectly good plan"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 02:50 AM

Raptor_00's Flag is: USA

It's true, that the army itself is undivided but there were CSM in the book that leaned towards one god.
Burias leaned towards Slaanesh I think (always power hungry with drive towards more). Jarulek was maybe Tzeentch, Kol Badar was maybe Khorne (or maybe leaned in that direction if not outright worshiping him the most.
So, i don't see a problem with tossing in a few CSM with some marks/icons of the different gods and still staying true to the fluff.

It also helps not having the cult troops to add the icons game wise.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 12:27 PM

Burius-Drak'shal was amazing, I nick-named my icon bearer that!

Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 11:48 PM

sir_m1ke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Drop the possessed is the best advice i can give- they are a cc unit that are pretty average in cc. the strength 5 and 2 attacks seem good, but unless you roll a 6 for power weapons you will struggle with them

i would rather the points be spent on more rhinos- your force lacks mobility needed to capture objectives

A little bit annoyed to come back to HO and find I've lost close to 200 rep.....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-09, 12:56 PM

another thing is for 5 points less you get the more reliable berzerkers, you could swap the possesed for some more of them! if you have any points left, put them in a rhino, then they can engage the enemy in CC even sooner, as sir m1ke said "rhinos- your force lacks mobility needed to capture objectives"

Lacrimosa, verse 89

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode