Night Lords 1500 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-09, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Default Night Lords 1500

Heya all.

This random infatuation is all down to a single piece of artwork concerning a Night Lord, he's not even in thte pic that much, he just looks awesome...

Is the one near the Chaos section in the Hardback version of the Big Rule Book.

I'd like to stick to the fluff if possible, so I've stayed away from cult troops. Always I'd like your opinions as if I was intending to use this ina competitive environment.

I'm not too sure what I want to do with the HQ... Its either going to be a Raptor Lord with Lightning Claws with a Raptor squad, or a Daemon Prince with MoT, Warptime and Winds... (They're all about terror tactics, don't tell me a DP isn't terrifying. MoT, well, just because that's what I felt like).

So far...

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines 245pts
Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

10 Lesser Daemons 130pts

These may well be broken down into two units of 5. They're to act as speed bumps, screens and objective grabbers

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator 145pts
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator 145pts
Daemonic Possession

Crowd and Tank control, most pleasing Heavy Support choice available while following the Night Lords.

That comes to 1155 points.

As I said before I want to either take a Chaos Lord with; wings, Claws and MoK and toss him in with a bunch of MoK Raptors

OR

Take the before mentioned Daemon Prince and Hurl another 10 Lesser Daemons in there.

Whaddya think? Any suggestions? No Obilterators thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-09, 10:19 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

You don't have too many icons there, so I'd drop the Daemons and add lots and lots of Raptors, while trying to save as many points on the Raptor Lord as possible. And gear those guys for melee. I'd like to see this army in battle.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-09, 01:30 PM

Primarch Lorgar's Flag is: USA

Put a chaos lord w/ jump pack and twin lightning claws in with 10 raptors, that should do the trick!

"And when the accused are confounded and confined to flames of woe, rejoice and call upon Me, your savior."
Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-09, 03:13 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

i'm afraid i'm going to vote raptors and lord here aswell. one thing i would consider hero, is the use of noise marines as an assaulting unit. 8 with a doom siren, champ and power sword comes to 205 and is absolutly hellatious in CC. i know you said no to cult troops, but i figured that this way they wheren;t sticking to what niosy's do so they could make the cut. also i would cosider a slaanesh lord and raptors, the better init is way better then the extra attack.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-09, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Thanks for the comments guys

I' actually thinking of running Plague Marines as the Troops now, still keeping them in three groups of ten with two Meltas.

Reasoning for this; I want the Night Lords to concentrate on shooting rather than getting into assault. And the PM's are just ridiculously survivable. They'd still be Night Lords, just "Counting As" Plague Marines, I'd attribute the extra survivability down to stealth armour and tactics blah blah blah.

Run the two Vindi's as normal and then run the Raptor Lord with a smaller group of Raptors.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-09, 01:30 PM

Always glad to help, I battled yesterday and raptors and raptor lord can hold an objective pretty well in planet strike!

"And when the accused are confounded and confined to flames of woe, rejoice and call upon Me, your savior."
Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 11:19 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

not a bad idea, i ran into an all plague marine iron warriors army durring "ard Boys and found that there was not much i could do but get lucky agenst them. plague marines are a nasty nasty choice. be sure to do yourself a favor, split your deamons into 2 squads of 10, personally from a thousand sons stand point, i hate deamons, but i have seen them used effectivly and well. also, ponder the use of havoc launchers on rhinos, lately they've been the most useful thing ever as i've been playing a ton of I.G. and Orks lately.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 03:07 PM

give 2 of the raptors flamers and they're KILLER against orcs!

Lacrimosa, verse 89

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-09, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Hero View Post
Heya all.

This random infatuation is all down to a single piece of artwork concerning a Night Lord, he's not even in thte pic that much, he just looks awesome...

Is the one near the Chaos section in the Hardback version of the Big Rule Book.

I'd like to stick to the fluff if possible, so I've stayed away from cult troops. Always I'd like your opinions as if I was intending to use this ina competitive environment.

I'm not too sure what I want to do with the HQ... Its either going to be a Raptor Lord with Lightning Claws with a Raptor squad, or a Daemon Prince with MoT, Warptime and Winds... (They're all about terror tactics, don't tell me a DP isn't terrifying. MoT, well, just because that's what I felt like).

So far...

Troops

Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

This is fine

Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

And again.

Champ with Fist
Meltagun
Meltagun
Rhino

This unit could do wit hplasma guns instead of meltas. You need one unit to sit on the home objective rememeber.
10 Lesser Daemons 130pts
I use Vampire count Fell bats as my lesser daemons...pretty fluffy at teh end of it all

These may well be broken down into two units of 5. They're to act as speed bumps, screens and objective grabbers

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator 145pts
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator 145pts
Daemonic Possession
I take Vindis, but i dont take Daemonic possession...I cannot make up my mind about it.

Crowd and Tank control, most pleasing Heavy Support choice available while following the Night Lords.

That comes to 1155 points.

As I said before I want to either take a Chaos Lord with; wings, Claws and MoK and toss him in with a bunch of MoK Raptors
MoK or MoS is the way to go with Lords.

OR

Take the before mentioned Daemon Prince and Hurl another 10 Lesser Daemons in there.
Most people will tell you Daemon prince...but fluff wise, if you wish to be exact, there is only 1 daemon prince in the Night Lord legion.

Whaddya think? Any suggestions? No Obilterators thanks
There ya go.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-09, 01:33 PM

after orochi I don't know what to say, he covered it all, so just dfo what he says!

Lacrimosa, verse 89

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode