1750's Emperor's Children Army for a few tournie's - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-09, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

adreal's Flag is: Australia

1750's Emperor's Children Army for a few tournie's

One is zero comp the other is peer comp. The army is a labour of love (conversions and such) built for the peer comp tournie, but, the zero comp tournie is first and I can visit some friends when I'm down there as well so...

anyway's the list
HQ
Maravex the Temptor, Lord Commander of the 17th Company (aka Lucius)
=160pts
ELITES
Sys'tol the Captive (aka Chaos Dread)
-Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer
-Multi Melta
=105pts
TROOPS
Squad II Luxurious Torment(aka Noise Marine's)
-Champion Vepres the Defiler with Power Weapon and Doom Siren
-Rhino
=220pts
Squad V Delectable Torture(aka Chaos Space Marine's)
-2 Melta Gun's
-Icon Of Slaanesh
-Champion Sohaal the Coverted with Power Fist
-Rhino with Combi Melta
=275pts
Squad VI Estatic Seizures(aka Chaos Space Marine's)
-2 Plasma Gun's
-Icon Of Slaanesh
-Champion Caine the Kinslayer with Powerfist
-Rhino
=275pts
Squad XII Song of Bliss(aka Noise Marine's)
-11 Sonic Blasters
-1 Blastmaster
=335pts
HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator 'The Serpant'
-2 Heavy Bolter's
-1 Autocannon
=100pts
Predator 'Father of Lies'
-2 Lascannon's
-1 Twin-linked Lascannon
=165pts
Predator 'Delicous Excrution'
-2 Heavy Bolter's
-1 Autocannon
=100pts

Burning down Bridges now, Scatter the Ashes, Godspeed to all you're after, Is this life left just to remember? Tell them who you were, Who you really were, Kill yourself slowly over time, Fashion statment suicide, She's still asleep in a chelsea hotel, Bad turns to worse and the worst turns into hell...

i'd listen to the words he'd say, but in his voice i heard decay, the plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray, there is a place that still remains, it eats the fear it eats the pain, the sweetest price he'll have to pay, the day the whole world went away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-09, 09:44 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Looking good for most of it. You might lack a bit of long range AT though which really can present a problem for you against assault oriented mechs...
I would consider dropping 1 dakkapred for something other with real AT potential like Obliterators or another TLLC pred. Its debated as if the sponson Lascannons are worth their bucks on preds, Im gonna leave that to others though. I would probably go for 2 TLLC preds without sponsons since the rest of your army has armourvalue. On the other hand Obliterators offers alot of options to the army...

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

adreal's Flag is: Australia

Yeah I know oblits are the lEET of the new chaos dex (they were pretty good in 3.5 as well) but I've grown bored of using them (same with DP's) so as a challenge to myself I went without either, and this list work's okay. Range is abit of a problem, but with TLoS and stuff like that anyways, hopefully I can get up close before my range problems catch up with me

Burning down Bridges now, Scatter the Ashes, Godspeed to all you're after, Is this life left just to remember? Tell them who you were, Who you really were, Kill yourself slowly over time, Fashion statment suicide, She's still asleep in a chelsea hotel, Bad turns to worse and the worst turns into hell...

i'd listen to the words he'd say, but in his voice i heard decay, the plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray, there is a place that still remains, it eats the fear it eats the pain, the sweetest price he'll have to pay, the day the whole world went away

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-09, 09:16 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreal View Post
...hopefully I can get up close before my range problems catch up with me
My whole point is that you might not want to get close always, and then youre deep behind on the AT
Charging ahead towards an Ork Battlewagon filled with angry Greenskins to shoot it dead really aint a too good a plan for example...

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-09, 01:06 PM

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
My whole point is that you might not want to get close always, and then youre deep behind on the AT
Charging ahead towards an Ork Battlewagon filled with angry Greenskins to shoot it dead really aint a too good a plan for example...
Ah thanks for the advice... my army's AT comes from just melta bombs and krak grenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode