1500 Chaos Space Marines, undivided - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

AgentX's Flag is: USA

1500 Chaos Space Marines, undivided

I plan on using this (slightly boring) list at my club against both SM and IG, both of which are heavy on vehicles. This is my first shot with CSM, I haven't played since 3rd edition and back then I had SM.

HQ
Daemon Prince - Wings, LoS [150]

Elites
5 Chose Marines - 4 Meltaguns, Champion w/ PF & Plasma Pistol [180]

Troops
10 Chaos Marines - Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Champion w/ PW [205]
10 Chaos Marines - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Champion w/ PW [205]
10 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW, Rhino [275]
9 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW, Rhino [254]

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators [225]

TOTAL: 1494

I plan on placing my Chosen in reserves and then outflanking to get in close with the meltas. DP will lash out any dug-in SM or guardsmen for assault or to fire upon. I have a question about oblits, do most people put them all into one group or is it better to split them and spread them across the board? Thanks ahead for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 05:51 PM

Zaden's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
I plan on using this (slightly boring) list at my club against both SM and IG, both of which are heavy on vehicles. This is my first shot with CSM, I haven't played since 3rd edition and back then I had SM.

HQ
Daemon Prince - Wings, LoS [150]

You must take Mark of Slaanesh in order to take Lash. This guy will cost 155 points every time.

Elites
5 Chose Marines - 4 Meltaguns, Champion w/ PF & Plasma Pistol [180]

Give this squad a rhino to greatly increase their outflank effectiveness.

Troops
10 Chaos Marines - Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Champion w/ PW [205]
10 Chaos Marines - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Champion w/ PW [205]

I'm not big on Vanilla Marines. These aren't bad, but if you want objective holders change them to Plague Marines equiped with two Plasmaguns. They will be much better at their job. Leave the longer range fire support to the Oblits.

10 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW, Rhino [275]
9 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW, Rhino [254]

These Zerkers could use meltabombs to deal with any walkers that tie them up.

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators [225]

Consider splitting these into two or three squads to greatly increase effectiveness.

TOTAL: 1494

I plan on placing my Chosen in reserves and then outflanking to get in close with the meltas. DP will lash out any dug-in SM or guardsmen for assault or to fire upon. I have a question about oblits, do most people put them all into one group or is it better to split them and spread them across the board? Thanks ahead for any suggestions.
Yeah most people would split the Oblits into three squads. Yes you increase your Kill Points, but that is more than made up for by being able to target three different units a turn.

You have a good list here. I would actually only have three squads of troops, and take either six Obliterators or four Oblits and a Vindicator. These heavy support setups will make better use of grouping up the enemy with your Lash, or just provide better, necessary, fire support all game. This is a personal playstyle preference though. But considering what you are going to be playing against, you will encounter a lot of tanks.

Good luck =)

Click to feed! =)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 06:37 PM

Constatine_Valdor's Flag is: Spain

Not bad but there are several things you should change for making it more viable, you're wasting some points in something that you aren't going to use properly in the game.

1) If you want a pure Undivided list, then you shouldn't include any "Cult Unit", with this i mean nobody can have any Mark or Icons, so NO Lash Princes, Berserkers, Ahriman...

2) The squads of Chaos Marines, if you want them for close combat, keep the champion and give them special weapons. (1 squad with 2 flamers and the other squad with 2 melta guns)
If you want them for firing, stop thinking in this way. You have better units for doing this task. The best options are Obliterators and Defilers but a Predator or even the Terminators can make it well with their combiweapons (always Deep Strike with them)

3) I recommend you including a Terminator Lord with Daemon Weapon (+1 Strenght) and 6-men Terminator Squad (2 with Combimeltas and Power Fist, 1 with Reaper Cannon and 1 with Lightning Claws)

4) You should include at least 1 Defiler with additional close combat weapons: fast, cheap and lethal.

5) Your chosen squad is too weak, you spend too many points and the most probable thing is that they won't rent these points. I recommend you to use these points in other things.

I'll make a sample list for you of a pure Undivided Army:

Chaos Terminator Lord with Daemonic Weapon and Combimelta --> 155 points

6 Terminators (2 with Combimelta and Power Fist, 1 with Lightning Claws, 1 with Reaper Cannon) --> 235 points

These guys with the Lord will teleport to the combat when they are available. You have 3 Icons, so they can arrive everywhere in the map without dispersion. The Lord is a monster with S5 and (3 or 4 + 1D6) attacks. This squad can take down all units they reach with the icons.

10 Chaos Space Marines (Champion with Power weapon and melta bombs, 2 with flamers, Undivided Icon) with Rhino --> 240 points

10 Chaos Space Marines (Champion with Powerfist, 2 with meltaguns, Undivided Icon) with Rhino --> 255 points

10 Chaos Space Marines (Champion with Power Weapon and melta bombs, 2 with flamers, Undivided Icon) with Rhino --> 240 points

These 3 squads are here for giving you some speed and the rhinos will cover your marines from receiving your minis. Don't forget to use the 2 firing points you have in the rhino.

5 Chaos Space Marines --> 75 points

These guys are holding in your objective. You can change them for 1 Obliterator. Whatever you want.

2 Obliterators --> 150 points

You can deep strike them or deploying at the start. That depends on the circumstances and the enemy. If you deep strike, don't forget the Icons.

Defiler with additional close combat weapons --> 150 points

This another monster. He has 5 Attacks (6 charging) and a battle cannon. Who wants more for 150 points??

Total Points: 1500 points

Scoring: 4
Killing Points: 11

44 Miniatures, 4 Vehicles

The Emperor Protects ME!!

TKE's NTGU Brigade

Last edited by Constatine_Valdor; 05-01-09 at 06:40 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 07:33 PM

HQ
Daemon Prince - Wings, MoS, LoS [155]

Elites
5 Chosen - 5 Meltaguns, rhino [175]

Troops
6 Noise Marines, blastmaster, 5 sonic blasters, rhino [220]
8 Noise Marines, champ w/pw, doom siren and melta bombs, 8 sonic blasters, rhino [285]
7 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW and melta bombs, Rhino [217]
7 Khorne Berzerkers - Champion w/ PW and melta bombs, Rhino [217]

Heavy Support
Obliterators [75]
Obliterators [75]
Obliterators [75]

Last edited by inigo montoya; 05-01-09 at 07:42 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode