1500pt Rhino Rush - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-09, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

1500pt Rhino Rush

This is basically an assault list that I fancy trying out at some point.

Huron Blackheart, 9 Khorne Berserkers, Skull Champion with Power Weapon, Rhino with Dozer Blade & Extra armour.

10 Khorne Berserkers, Skull Champion with Power Weapon, Rhino with Dozer Blade & Extra armour.

10 Chaos Space Marines, Icon of Khorne, Aspiring Champion with power weapon, 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino with Dozer Blade & Extra Armour.

10 Chaos Space Marines, Icon of Khorne, Aspiring Champion with power weapon, 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino with Dozer Blade & Extra Armour.

Preadator, Dozer Blade, Twin-linked Lascannon & Lascannon Sponsons.

Basically as the title says the infantry would leg it forward in their rhinos, with the Predator providing some fire support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-09, 06:44 PM
ChrisW's Flag is: Canada

i usually have 4 squads of CSMs in rhinos with some elites & commander in a 'rader. pred & jump troops also if i can afford to have them in the list.

as with regular marines a totally moble force makes for quick offensive games. build a rhino wall to block shots and get into assault. (the only army i find that does not work too well against is the assault armies: Chaos, 'nids, & sometimes orks)

-chris

-Chris
I've tied more than i've won and still had fun every time I've lost

Chaos Undivided
Daemons
Red Scorpions
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 11:32 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

agenst orks and nids, i recommend building a defensive wall of rhinos and waite to counter charge.

as to the list? i have a feeling your wasting valuable points on dozer blades. when rhinos can repair an immobilized anyways i do not think they are needed. you could always just go around anyway.

Ave Dominae Nox

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

I've often thought that myself Syko, but somehow apart from Tzzentch affiliated Rhinos, they don't look right without the Dozer Blade.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 01:57 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

a mech army could hurt this build; you ony have on AT unit on the board, and once that's gone, good luck taking out other tanks.

i'd invest in some melta guns and PF.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 06:00 PM

tastytaste's Flag is: USA

You might want the dozer blade, but I would still drop them. i doubt anyone will complain that they are modeled with them. Also drop extra armor execpt on the Zerker rhino. Use the points to get another pred.

If you love kittens you will love Blood of Kittens
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Malaclypse View Post
a mech army could hurt this build; you ony have on AT unit on the board, and once that's gone, good luck taking out other tanks.

i'd invest in some melta guns and PF.
Good hunting.

This is built to take on a pretty specific kind of army, one which I'm fairly certain won't contain any tanks. Even so I'm thinking of swapping out the Predator for some missile-armed Havocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastytaste View Post
You might want the dozer blade, but I would still drop them. i doubt anyone will complain that they are modeled with them. Also drop extra armor execpt on the Zerker rhino. Use the points to get another pred.

I want to make sure they get there, also even if I got rid of the armour and the dozer blades it wouldn't be enough points for a pred, unless I went for a basic autocannon only option.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 10:53 PM

lucius666's Flag is: USA

i would lose the mark of khorne and dozer blades on the reg units if u want khorne zerkers use khorne zerkers its just my opinion and if u want a rush army with big hitting power get a 3 man term sqd 90 points drop them in a raider 220 310 points of big scaryness but dont realy on it to make winning moves and drop the las pred its to costly to have blown outta the water maybe replace it with a dakka pred its up to u its ur army but thats just my onion
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-09, 01:38 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

not to push the idea, but a basic auto cannon pred is an extreme annoyance to marine armies, and even worse for anything else. i love pouring 6 heavy bolter shots, 2 autocannon shots, and a havoc launcher into a squad of genestealers.....buggies make funny popping noises.

about the astetic looks of dozer blades? my thousand sons rhinos have dozer blades on them. i just don't use them. you are correct.. rhinos do not lok right without them.

Ave Dominae Nox

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode