post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Default Does this look competitive? [1750 chaos]

HQ

Demon Prince - 205
Mark of Tzeench
Warptime
Wind of chaos
Wings

(yes I understand lash princes are better but I'm trying to go themed with black legion and I've modled the hell out of this prince to give him a large dragonfaced hand to breathe warp fire from, wings and a bird head so I can't really change it )

Troops

Chaos Space Marines x10 - 190
Icon of Chaos Glory
Plasma gun x2

Khorn Berserkersx8 - 258
Skull Champion w/ Power fist and personal icon
Rhino w/ Combi-melta

Thousand Sons x6 - 273
Sorcerer w/ Bolt of change and personal icon

Lesser daemon x8 - 104

Lesser daemons x8 - 104

Elites

Chosen x9 - 237
Melta Gun x2
Flamer x2
Aspiring champion with powerfist
Icon of chaos glory

Heavy support

Defiler - 150

Defiler - 150

Obliterator x1 - 75

I know obliterators are best taken as a pair but I thought maybe using it as a deepstrike to take out the rear of a tank with either a twin linked melta or multi melta and from there it can die because it just paid for itself. I've been running a single defiler for a while and it seems like people like to kill it first turn with whatever they can, however it's much more difficult to kill two in one turn.

For the elites I used to outflank them in a rhino but I've just had too many games where they end up on the board turn 5 so I'm thinking about just infiltrating them and getting my daemons in that much closer on turn 2/3. If that means I should change up their special weapons then I'm more than open to suggestions.

For the troops I think the daemons are awesome for their low price since they can charge on the deepstrike for their points (13 per ). The Thousand sons are my MeQ killers or objective campers, khorn berserkers are obvious, and the regular marines are just kinda. . . .there (had 'em built them and thought they weren't so bad considering they're decent in CC and the plasma guns tend to fend off termies/light vehicles).

So there it is!! Please help and let me know what yall think I'll have problems with. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-09, 11:36 AM

Hey, you might get (you will get, I mean) more advice if you post this in the Chaos Marines sub-forum - frothing nutters who will happily give you the ins and outs of Mark of Slaanesh v Mark of Nurgle or why point-for-point Raptors are so much beterr than Berzerkers, are waiting to take your call...

:hope you find out what you want to know cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-09, 01:27 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Bah! Raptors are shit, 'Zerkers awesome! Maybe a slight exaggeration there...

Anyway, I'd never give regular CSM Plasma, only Plague Marines, due to the FnP.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-09, 01:43 PM

mgtymouze's Flag is: USA

Not a bad looking list. I am not sure that daemons can assault after deep strike (my codex is at home and I hardly ever use them). I do think that your defiler's will be fire magnets though. Mine hasn't survived past turn 4 in many moons.

Just a suggestion about getting your deepstrikers in with precision though is to take a group of bikes with icon (give em an icon of nurgle for extra nastiness). Also you can give your bikers a meltagun to give them some anti armor punch. Red orc's comment about raptors is also very valid. I sometimes use mine to bound forward with icon.

This list does look real tough and I would love to hear how it does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode