Help and ideas on 1500 points Death Guard tournament list - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-16-17, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hereís another list that squeezes in two drones.
Mortarion 470

Relic armour Prince 156
Typhus 175
15Pox walkers 90
14Pox 84
Cultists 40
Plague Surgeon 65

Nurgle herald 70
Drone 158
Drone 158
Spawn 33

Total 1499
I need to play test between this and the plague Marines one (with and without the Sorceror swap).
Which do you think is more scary?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-16-17, 03:40 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

They both look like they have decent potential. What made you take a unit of Cultists over moar PW's?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-16-17, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
They both look like they have decent potential. What made you take a unit of Cultists over moar PW's?
I only have 30 and recently bought typhus and some of the other guys so canít really justify the the outlay. Also cultists are cheap as....
I think if I purchase anything else from the range it will be a hauler or the big cannon thing. But not any time soon. Iíve got too much to paint at the moment without adding more.

I think I may drop the cultists spawn and herald for some death guard. Then at least I am bringing some guns to the gun show. Again I need to play test to see what works best.
Cheers for the pointers ntaw

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-17, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
I think I may drop the cultists spawn and herald for some death guard. Then at least I am bringing some guns to the gun show. Again I need to play test to see what works best.
Cheers for the pointers ntaw
Hey, no problem. Glad anything I've said has had any value given the context I think those suggested changes would make that list real happy. Feel free to comment back with some results from play-testing I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-17, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Now these are the two Iím torn over.
A
Mortarion470

Battalion
Typhus 175
Relic armour prince with axe 156
15 pox 90
15 pox 90
2xplasma bubotic axe fist death guard 138
Plague surgeon 65
2x plague spitter Bloat drones 316
Total is 1500 on the nose

B
Mortarion 470

Typhus
Prince
2x 15 pox walkers
10 cultists
Las dredd
2x bloat drones
1499 points total

Itís all down to either plasma 5 man death Guard unit and a surgeon (re roll 1s resiliency and ok in combat) vs 10 cultists and a las fist hell brute. The brute would give me at least some long range fire and can move and shoot with no mods and should be getting a reroll from the prince.
Any other suggestions or critique would be awesome.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-17, 06:56 PM

Adding one thing to a list to deal with armour will only give your opponent an easy target choice in my experience. They may be preoccupied enough with Morty that it gets a couple turns of shooting but killing Dreadnoughts isn't very hard to do (unless they're FW ones). Do you maybe have a Predator you could take instead of the Helbrute? They're far more resilient and better at shooting, though I'm not sure of the points difference.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-02-17, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Adding one thing to a list to deal with armour will only give your opponent an easy target choice in my experience. They may be preoccupied enough with Morty that it gets a couple turns of shooting but killing Dreadnoughts isn't very hard to do (unless they're FW ones). Do you maybe have a Predator you could take instead of the Helbrute? They're far more resilient and better at shooting, though I'm not sure of the points difference.
Best advice ever!
Those drones are fffing ridiculous, the amount of punishment they can take is awesome.
I can see why youíre mate is so into them.
Stupidly I got carried away with the moment and forgot to take any pictures on the day. But I have written a quick review in my plog. Pretty much the whole list at some point during the day more than made up there points. I came 5th overall in the tournament winning 2 out of my 3 games. And if weíd of had even turns the last would have been a victory too. But that is life.
Anyway thanks again for all the input dude.
ntaw likes this.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 05:16 AM

Amazing. Glad it was all of use, and also to hear of your successes playing

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode