Rapture Batallion 1500 pts Emperor Children - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default Rapture Batallion 1500 pts Emperor Children

Hi guys, in my last game i had some luck with a simple cad, using raptors and rhinos.
This time i'll want to get use of the rapture batallion rules and also get rid of rhinos. Also, i've a bunch of Raptors that i want to field, hence the Talon as auxiliary.
My usual opponent seems to be orks, at this moment, so fear causing units are extra handy.
So, at 1500 pts:

Chaos Warband

-Slaanesh Terminator Lord
combiplasma, poweraxe (127)

-3 Slaanesh terminators
3 combiplasma, poweraxes (124)

-3 Slaanesh Bikers
2 meltaguns (96)

-5 Slaanesh marines
combiplasma, flamer

-5 Slaanesh marines
combiplasma, flamer
(200)

-5 Slaanesh Havocs
4 autocannons
(125)

-5 Slaanesh Havocs
2 missile launchers, 2 autocannons
(135)

Raptor Talon

-Slaanesh Lord
jumppack, sigils, fisticlaws, DRUGS!
(170)

-5 Slaanesh Raptors
2 meltaguns, meltabombs
(130)

-5 Slaanesh Raptors
2 meltaguns, meltabombs
(130)

-10 Slaanesh Raptors
2 meltaguns, lightning claw, icon of excess
(265)

this should be 1502 (ok for my opponents)

The army wide DRUGS roll can be an hit or miss but i have melee covered by the raptors and bikers (WS is meh..., Attacks and STR results are extra good) and BS will just turn the havocs into sexmachines. As always Toughness boost is a boon for everyone and Init boost is moot all over the board. With just 1 "so-and-so" result and just 1 bad result, i am confident enough.
Also, no vehicles around so your opponent doesn't get easy killpoints. The jumplord will have 1d3+1 boost to stats thus becoming THE beatstick.
As usual Obsec havocs and fearless MSU marines squads are the best in objective games. The only thing i really miss are spawns. god how do i love spawns.
Any thoughts?
@DkMiBuch that is basically a rework of your list, with a raptor "deathstar" (more like DEADstar)

EDIT: modified marines loadout, thanks to @DaisyDuke for the hint.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 03-16-17 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-17, 01:14 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

looks solid, the only thing I can suggest is flamers and a combi plasma instead on the marine units. And what made you go for a unit of ten over another five man for the raptors?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-17, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
looks solid, the only thing I can suggest is flamers and a combi plasma instead on the marine units. And what made you go for a unit of ten over another five man for the raptors?
agree on the marines units: much more flexible!

About the raptors, there are three reasons:
1) i needed a nice melee threat
2) i owe a full 10 of the new plastic raptors, one with the icon of slaanesh (from daemonettes sprue)
3) they look absolutely awesome

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode