Khorne Daemonkin 1850 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

KnockOut51's Flag is: Canada

Default Khorne Daemonkin 1850

So made a new list with the new minis I picked yp and i made this list to include them and I will mostly play against my One friend who has Tau and Nids, with Nids he almost always has 2 or more Flyrants or something like that. Or my one friend who plays orks, and usually just mass amount of boys.

HQ
Bloodthister-250

Elites
5 Possessed-150

Troops
8 CSM,flamer- 135
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Cultitsts- 58
8 Cultitsts, Flamer-58

Fast:
2 Spawn- 64

1 Heldarake- 170 ( Not apart of any formation so what ever unit he kills I will not get a blood tith point)

Lord of Slaughter formation:
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthister- 300

Allies:
Bel'kor-350
1 units of 5 Nurglings- 71

Total 1846

Strategy is to deep strike nurglings onto and objective, Bel'kor will cast invisibility on the better bloodthister. The two Bloodthisters wont be flying, they will just be jumping 12' and getting into assaults as fast as possible, The Idea is that there will be 3 Major threats on the board they will have to focus on them, if they dont then that goes into my favor, the Troops are there to mostly die, I plant to summon more bloodletters or a Prince when I have enough points. Also the Heldrake is mostly my anti air killer so I feel my one weakness is him going down, but in that even I can have one of the 3 MCs I have fly and go after the other flyer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:21 PM

That army is a slaughtercult + allied daemons belakor, nurglings, and a daemonkin CAD for the wrath of khorne and 2 units of your bloodletters as its troops and heldrake as a fast attack.
This means those culists can kill themselves, the slaughter would get the 1-4 free bonus on you tithes if cost higher, and your drake is blood. You can choose either thirster to be lord though the more expensive one can reroll any warlord trait, while the cheep one can only reroll daemonkin ones. Also those 2 bloodletter packs get objective secured.
Though you have taken the flamer on the cultists without paying for it.

Slaughtercult
Bloodthister-250
5 Possessed-150
8 CSM,flamer- 135
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Cultitsts- 58
8 Cultitsts, Flamer-58
2 Spawn- 64

Daemonkin CAD
HQ
Troops
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Blood letters- 80
Fast Attack
1 Heldarake- 170

Allies
HQ
Bel'kor-350
Troops

Last edited by mayegelt; 04-01-15 at 10:28 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
That army is a slaughtercult + allied daemons belakor, nurglings, and a daemonkin CAD for the wrath of khorne and 2 units of your bloodletters as its troops and heldrake as a fast attack.
This means those culists can kill themselves, the slaughter would get the 1-4 free bonus on you tithes if csst higher, and your drake is blood.
Though you have taken the flamer on the cultists without paying for it.

Slaughtercult
Bloodthister-250
5 Possessed-150
8 CSM,flamer- 135
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Cultitsts- 58
8 Cultitsts, Flamer-58
2 Spawn- 64

Daemonkin CAD
HQ
Troops
8 Blood letters- 80
8 Blood letters- 80
Fast Attack
1 Heldarake- 170

Allies
HQ
Bel'kor-350
Troops
oh wow I didnt even see that, thanks!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:29 PM

Edited my post again. It got better...
Also if you replaced something to get a helbrute or forge/maulerfiend (maybe the heldrake or the nurglings and 1 of the spawn and put belakor in the CAD) you could have a Bloodhost for the FREE blood point every turn.

Last edited by mayegelt; 04-01-15 at 10:39 PM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Edited my post again. It got better...
Also if you replaced something to get a helbrute or forge/maulerfiend (maybe the heldrake or the nurglings and put belakor in the CAD) you could have a Bloodhost for the FREE blood point every turn.
Would I still get the Objective secured trait if I sate the Slaughter cult? I thought it was one or the other. Im liking what you are saying but I am lost lol
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:43 PM

The ones in the CAD and Allied Detachment have Objective Secured. The ones in the Slaughtercult do not. But they get the blood sacrifice and boon of khorne bonuses.
So basically 1 unit of letters, the CSM and the Cultists dont get objective secured. Though get the other 2 bonuses.

Last edited by mayegelt; 04-01-15 at 10:45 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-15, 10:49 PM

The army you had was actually a CAD if you didnt want to cult.
Your HQ are the 2 Thirsters, Elite for Possessed, 6 Troops, 2 Fast Attacks in the form of Spawns and the Heldrake. Then your Allied Detachment was as normal.

That means all troops get objective secured and the warlord can reroll his warlord trait.
Though no killing your own cultist or Free 1-4 tithe or Free Blood point if you could make it into a blood host.

Last edited by mayegelt; 04-01-15 at 10:52 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Using this list in 20 min, I ll update as to how well or poor it does
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 03:28 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

cool man, i'm curious about the outcome! GLORY TO CHAOS!!! KILL THE WEAK!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-15, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

So here is how it went down.
I lost 10-13, played a maelstrom mission, one where you draw upto 3 cards a turn, vever exceeding. I was a very close game but his 3 Flyrants were his stars of the game. Bel'kalor was killed during his first shooting phase, I was unable to cast shrouding on himself so that was basically his downfall, 24 twin linked S6 shots killed him pretty good (2 Flyrants shooting at him)
My chaos spawn were also usless, died before they could charge anything in turn two. My 300pt Thister killed a brood of 3 Biovars and a tranofex, He then died later in turn 5 with two flyrants shooting at him, The 250pt thister killed 15 Gaunts, a Mawloc and a brood lord. My possessed did fairly well surprisingly, killing 10 Gargoyles in the turn they charged, they later lost 2 of there number to the mawloc bursting up from under them, they later charged the Creature and held it tied up for a few turns till my thister charged in and killed it. My blood letters all did well, killing almost everything they assualted, Spending blood points to get FNP helped many of them survive. I killed every unit of his but his 3 Flyrants. My heldrake came on turn 3 and killed 3 ripper swarms, 3 geneestealers and one wound on the brood lord, turn 4 it was shot down by yet again another Flying tyrant, hitting rear armour. All in all I like my list, I will probably drop the spawn, I feel like this list would do amazing againt other armies, but the 3 Flyrants were just to much, no point in making my thisters fly and only get D3 shots with the one, and 1 shot with the other.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode